Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

HTFU (Read 609 times)

Why is it sideways?

Sweet. Now don't get greedy. Consistency. Relentless consistency.

Lazy idiot

Tick tock

Why is it sideways?

You too are a little crazy. The first week is the toughest.

Lazy idiot

You too are a little crazy. The first week is the toughest.
          If I hadn't been hiding from the trick-or-treaters yesterday, I was planning on running. But I'll admit, this rest day felt much more "deserved" than others I've taken in recent weeks.

Tick tock

So, evil plan fucking hurts. But... relax, give into it, and most importantly- HTFU. Wink The good news is...my toe no longer hurts, but I think that's because of the excruciating pain in my calves that developed overnight. I'm certain the toe pain is still there, I just can't focus on it. My PT assures me that the calf pain is from the stuff we're doing to straighten out the issues I have that are causing me to bear weight on the toe. He said it's great to be a forefoot striker as far as race times go, but calf and achilles pain is inevitable when i'm adjusting to landing CORRECTLY on my forefoot (i.e. big toe instead of 2nd toe)...blah blah...so instead of rambling on... EVIL PLAN CONTINUES. It's going to be a hell of a weekend. Good thing too, since it's Halloween.

Why is it sideways?

Be careful with that lower-leg stuff. Just sayin'.
                By the by, good luck at the race tomorrow, Jeff! My predicition is 57:18.

Why is it sideways?

By the by, good luck at the race tomorrow, Jeff! My predicition is 57:18.
                  I think that's a good prediction, but I'm going to be pacing a friend of mine to sub-60 (hopefully). So, the hope is to run in the high 59's but pretty aerobically. We will see.
                    Be careful with that lower-leg stuff. Just sayin'.
                    Yea, I am. That's why I called him and asked him if he thought it was my evil plan, or if it was all the crap he's been doing to my legs. He said it had to be the crap he's been doing to my legs.

I think that's a good prediction, but I'm going to be pacing a friend of mine to sub-60 (hopefully). So, the hope is to run in the high 59's but pretty aerobically. We will see.
                      Good luck Jeff!!!

Why is it sideways?

He's trying to change your footstrike because you strained a ligament in your toe?
                          He's trying to change your footstrike because you strained a ligament in your toe?
                          No...I strike on my forefoot on both feet, and he doesn't want to change that..but on my left foot I strike on the forefoot on the left side of it and barely roll over to the second toe but not all the way over to the big toe, which is what I SHOULD do because that's what I do in the right. I don't pronate at all in the left foot, so it stays stiff. That's what is causing the pain in the second toe, it's not strong enough to bear the weight i'm putting on it. Or something like that. He's not trying to change anything, he's trying to get things loosened up. My calves and soleus are really tight in both legs and my range of motion is horrible because of it. I'm an efficient runner he says, but he says I could be more efficient. MTA: I'm thinking maybe the calf pain is due to all this new stretching stuff he's having me do. Maybe i'm overdoing the stretching- didn't you say that caused you pain?

Why is it sideways?

Interesting. Sounds reasonable. The stretching was painful when I was doing it, but not afterwards. But I can understand it making you sore, particularly if you are training hard in the meantime.

The Thunder

JD?

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Why is it sideways?

Y.