Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

HTFU (Read 609 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

If it wasn't fun, I'd be doing something else. MTA: Winning helps...
    ok but I think it's fun and I still look more like Jamie. you just have this look about you... it's like what I imagine Quenton Cassidy and Bruce Denton feel like... or at least it's the feeling I get from reading that book... it's this feeling like when you are running your world is truely at peace... i don't know how to describe it...

Why is it sideways?

Jeff also wasn't "Racing" at quite the same effort level of Jamie and many of the others. I think JD was throwing it all out there, while Jeff was using a 'surgical' attack to achieve his victory.
      This is true: my race wasn't an all out effort. Jamie PR'ed by like 2 minutes. He ran a really awesome race. Here's me just before the line when I ran my marathon PR in 07: It's not all shits and giggles.

The Thunder

ok but I think it's fun and I still look more like Jamie. you just have this look about you... it's like what I imagine Quenton Cassidy and Bruce Denton feel like... or at least it's the feeling I get from reading that book... it's this feeling like when you are running your world is truely at peace... i don't know how to describe it...
        How are you reading OAR and only running 10 miles a week? Holy shit, if I picked up that book and re-read it again now...i'd be in big trouble. I'd be doing 80 MPW and getting ready to talk about my next stress fracture. Note to self...resist the urge to pick up that book and read it for the 15th time.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Why is it sideways?

you just have this look about you... it's like what I imagine Quenton Cassidy and Bruce Denton feel like... or at least it's the feeling I get from reading that book... it's this feeling like when you are running your world is truely at peace...
          There's a famous running quote that I don't know who said, but it was running through my mind the whole race: "Train hard, win easy." I think that's what I was thinking at the time.

The Thunder

This is true: my race wasn't an all out effort. Jamie PR'ed by like 2 minutes. He ran a really awesome race. Here's me just before the line when I ran my marathon PR in 07: It's not all shits and giggles.
            Ahhh yeah! Now that's some pain face!

The Thunder

This is probably my worst 'pain face' from 08. Still no where nearly as pained as Jeff's in his marathon.

Why is it sideways?

I like the nip. Glasses hide pain pretty well. I think I can see those eyes under there going kinda crazed.

The Thunder

I like the nip. Glasses hide pain pretty well. I think I can see those eyes under there going kinda crazed.
                  Yeah, the nip was busting loose. That's just how I roll. The glasses are meant to help mask the pain. It was a dreary day though, and I couldn't wear the dark lenses. So a little of the pain comes through. Still, yours looks like death!

Glasses hide pain pretty well.
                    Yep. That's the only reason I wear them.

oh i know that must be what's going on because you are far from a baby. So I figured you must literally not be able to run! I was just trying to make you feel better by saying you are tough and not stupid.
                      I didn't mean that how it sounded. Sorry about that haha. I'm just in a pissy mood. Day three and all. I knew what you meant.

Jamie at the same spot, HingTFU:
                        Niiiiice. lol

The Thunder

Oh snap. Some Nashvillians HTFUing over the last 7 days. (I'm just trying to keep motivating myself) Jeff 81.9 Mi 10:13:41 Thunder 75.9 Mi 9:49:35 TanyaS 72.1 Mi 11:14:09

Why is it sideways?

Oh snap. Some Nashvillians HTFUing over the last 7 days. (I'm just trying to keep motivating myself) Jeff 81.9 Mi 10:13:41 Thunder 75.9 Mi 9:49:35 TanyaS 72.1 Mi 11:14:09
                            Marathon training rules. You'll have to update that mileage in an hour or so...
                              Jeff ran 82 miles in an hour less than it took me to run 72 miles. Thanks for the motivation. Tongue mta: You may already be a weiner!

A Saucy Wench

Jeff ran 82 miles in an hour less than it took me to run 72 miles. Thanks for the motivation. Tongue mta: You may already be a weiner!
                                And 30 minutes less than it took me to run a mere 66. And unless I was gonna run 5 minute miles for 6 miles more "weiner" that makes me weinier than you. MTA: on the other hand I am not running monkey . MTA2: Cry Cry MTA3: Fuck I am slow.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7