Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

15k pre game (Read 470 times)

The King of Beasts

Does anyone want to run the Shelby Bottoms 15k course this sunday??

I dont know the course, it seems to be several peoples "goal" race to see where we stand this fall, just sayin, crimny, cry monkey, zoinks, kicking horses, sucking-off-you-high-school-coach-when-you-are-a-15-year-old-girl, smorgisborg.

justsayin

(make sure you have an extra pair of socks) 

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

BMenees

This year they're running new, certified courses for both the Shelby Bottoms Boogie 5K and 15K.  The new 15K course map is: http://www.usatf.org/events/courses/maps/showMap.asp?courseID=TN09051MS

I'm up for a wet run of it on Sunday unless you goobers get out there too early.

(FWIW, The new 5K course is the same course used for the Girls on the Run 5K in May.)

Why is it sideways?

Bill, you got a map of that 5k course?

I might be up for a run down there this Sunday. Will be going long, but could do 2x15k, maybe. Or run down and meet folks and then run back.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Here's the GOTR 5K and new SBB 5K course:

http://www.usatf.org/events/courses/maps/showMap.asp?courseID=TN09029MS

This course has the same start and finish line as the 15K, which minimizes hassles on race day.

Note: All the USATF certified course maps for Nashville are available at:

A much shorter link

Dude.
          BMenees

I'm sorry the extent of my link was too much for you.

Meh, $5 is $5...

Maybe.  My appearance is contingent on the ability to overcome the dreaded IT band.  Screams from the foam roller have likely convinced my neighbors that I operate a S&M dungeon with baby goats.

The final mile goes around the lake?? Damn.

The Thunder

Running sucks.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

The King of Beasts

I might be up for a run down there this Sunday. Will be going long, but could do 2x15k, maybe. Or run down and meet folks and then run back.

Depending on the pace, I might be up for one of the 15k loops with you. 

If you want to run slow I would do both. (7:15ish pace)

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

BMenees

Excellent.  I was hoping someone would want to run it around a 7:00ish pace.  That'll be a great medium-long tempo run for me.  That also means I won't talk as much, which is usually a good thing.

What time?  It looks like it's going to be rainy and about 70 degrees regardless of the morning start time.  I'd prefer 8am (or later), but I can be there as early as 6am.

MTA: Can't now.  Amy missed her long run this morning, so she's doing it tomorrow morning.  I'm running this morning and tomorrow afternoon.

Why is it sideways?

I think I'm going to hit the trails actually what w/SJ coming up and all.

Hey Thunder....I saw a friend of yours today when I was out running. I was wearing the hideous snglt and he recognized it when I stopped to watch the XC kiddos running. His name is also Andrew...Kowsenowski or something?

He seemed nice. Why is he friends with you?

The King of Beasts

well then, it looks like i am on my own. 

huh, i have an idea, it may be hurty.

BMenees

Was it hurty?

My tempo run was hurty yesterday, and my track workout was especially hurty today.  That's just a foolish weekend combination.

On a related note, I'll be volunteering at the Boogie 15K while my wife races it.  Sigh.  At least I'll get a Grand Prix volunteer point and a good husband point.