Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I ran. (Read 306 times)

The Thunder

You shut your mouth too.
    I'm catching up to you.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You shut your mouth too.
      Look at my log. My running is a bigger deal than your running.
        Oh...yea, you might not make it to the Monkey either.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Oh...yea, you might not make it to the Monkey either.
          I have no choice. You can back out. The RD cannot. House backed out.
            Every time I read the thread title I think of this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx7GqfQCZeg
              Good to see you were able to run, Candice. I hope you're taking antibiotics for the throat -- you probably already said you are -- there's nothing worse than strep, but the antibiotics fix it pretty fast. I'm guessing running doesn't hurt/help the infection, but I'm amazed you feel well enough to run. Maybe not running makes you feel even worse than strep!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Maybe not running makes you feel even worse than strep!
                exactly.

You can back out.
                  I don't back out. I'll suffer through it.

Oh Mighty Wing

I don't back out. I'll suffer through it.
                    Yeah but will that harm you for prepping for Boston?
                      Yeah but will that harm you for prepping for Boston?
                      No.

Oh Mighty Wing

oh ok
                          But if I feel like it will....well, we won't talk about that yet.

Why is it sideways?

You're freaking out because you missed 4 days of running? Seriously?
                              You're freaking out because you missed 4 days of running? Seriously?
                              No, i'm not freaking out. I'm just concerned that my body keeps breaking down and coming up with new stuff while not getting rid of the old stuff (i.e toe). I think i'm fine. But people keep saying "Well...remember...you have to think of Boston." The way I see it...if Monkey makes my issues worse...I have time to recover before I start training in January. I don't really think it will though, and I honestly do think i'll be okay. It's just...people keep saying "Boston. Don't screw it up for Boston." so...I keep saying, we'll see.

Why is it sideways?

In my opinion, you had something of a peak around the time you ran that 15k and the half marathon. You're coming down off of that peak, and the injuries and sickness are ways that your body is telling you that you need to recover. You can either fight that process and prolong it indefinitely or let it happen get it over with, get healthy, and start training again. Also: don't get me wrong. I think it's possible to run the monkey as part of the cycle of recovery. Just don't listen to anyone that says you're ready to go 3:15 or whatever. Learn the discipline: listen to your body.