Pickens County Y Race Team

Greenville Triathlon Aug 10th (Read 9 times)

tweisner

me and my hubby wanna join ya'll for the swim and bike saturday morning.  Is it open to anyone and Peter how far of a bike ride are you gonna do? My hubby needs a 10-15 miles for practice for the greenville tri.

Did y'all ride?  How did it go?

- itri - 

pschriver

Defer this year and BQ next year. You have plenty of time to prepare. Life is a marathon, not a sprint

tweisner

I want to run the half this year AND qualify for Boston next year !!!

- itri - 

U go girl - I'll have to be like 50 before I can BQ!!

Lori

pschriver

Did y'all ride?  How did it go?

We rode close to 20. It went smooth

will they let people warm up in the pool prior to start of race?  I talked to OD yesterday and he's got me nervous about this swim...

Lori

pschriver

The swim is fine. It's only 400 meters. You can warm up in the big pool and also a smaller warm water pool. You will be fine.FWIW I won't be swimming at the Pickens Y or riding this Sat. due to the race

I think I'll do the short route at some point just to make sure everything is functioning that way I can take any issues with me to packet pick up Saturday

Lori

pschriver

Are you free Thurs morning? I usually do a "Dork Day" when I put on my racing suit and wheels just to make sure everything is ready

Yes just LMK a time.  Anyone else is welcome too!!

Lori

pschriver

Nice ride today. Lori is ready

Yes it was a good ride, sorry if too slow though- guess you got in some extra miles to make up for it!

BTW I am at work today if the kits come in and you find my railroad nail !!

Lori

Greenville Tri was a success today! congrats to all who raced.   We only forgot to get a team pic with the new kits!

Now to look forward to tri the ridge. I hope to improve my 5k and bike times as they were the slowest splits I've had thus far- but it was a fun race!

Lori

Look what I saw on Facebook!  those kits look really cool!

Oh I wish you would've worked your magic on Photoshop before posting 

Lori