Pickens County Y Race Team

Wet suits (Read 9 times)

pschriver

I don't have the wet suit personally but I cut and pasted the statement from a facebook post from my coach's secret tri-group. I don't know the seller personally but my coach does. The seller was offering a good deal to fellow club members but I will be happy to see if you guys could work something out.

If its a small / tall it may be too long

Lori

pschriver

If its a small / tall it may be too long

You could go to a local trishop, try one like it and see if it fits? 

or go here http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0151/3877/files/2012-Size-Chart-A5-Wetsuits_newsizes.jpg?6343

and if it looks close I can see if the guy will take a return if you pick up the shipping?

Or take a chance that if it doesn't work out, resell it on e-bay for $150

tweisner

I don't have the wet suit personally but I cut and pasted the statement from a facebook post from my coach's secret tri-group. I don't know the seller personally but my coach does. The seller was offering a good deal to fellow club members but I will be happy to see if you guys could work something out.

What?  Who is your coach and why do you have a secret tri group that we don't know about?  WE are your tri group!!  How many clubs and groups and forums are you a part of?  No wonder you don't have time to shop and get the tri kits together.

- itri - 

Josh Josh Josh...yes people do USE a store and their hired help and knowledge then go order online.  When Chad owned Easley Sporting Goods it was very disheartening to see people do that.  Somebody owns that local tri store and he works hard to provide the items and the knowledgeable help to provide for local customers.

Lori, I found the wet suit at 3 Cross Tri.  It is a Blue Seventy long sleeve.  You would probably need the small.  There are weight and height guidelines.  Just go by that.

Maybe I don't know how to mail order effectively.  I do love getting exactly what I want at my doorstep.  And if I don't have to return it, that's great.  But whenever I have to return something, I can't find a box, or tape, or an envelope.  I have to go to the post office and I have to pay the return shipping and it takes them a month to give back the credit.  That's after I have emailed them to see why they haven't credited the account.  I don't mind doing that try on stuff and order online at like Belk's or Macy's or Dick's etc.  But if I go to Fleet Feet and they fit me in a pair of shoes - I'll buy it from them.

If you order something from Amazon, you are usually still getting it from a Tri shop--it just happens to be a tri shop somewhere else who happens to have the thing you need on sale.  And there are people from other states ordering the things from Greenville that are overstocked or discounted.  So if you are wealthy like Traci, just go buy everything top dollar.  If you are broke like me, go online and save yourself hundreds.  For example:  my full carbon bike with shimano ultegra components: $1100.  (online).  That would have cost me double at my local tri store.  But it's true... there's always some risk involved with online purchases... which is why I use amazon....they are very good with returns.  they almost always come with return shipping paid stickers

pschriver

What?  Who is your coach and why do you have a secret tri group that we don't know about?  WE are your tri group!!  How many clubs and groups and forums are you a part of?  No wonder you don't have time to shop and get the tri kits together.

My coach is THE SLAYER. http://tricoachgeorgia.com/about-us/harvey-gayer-athens/

He is a mentor, friend and supporter. It's not a secret he is my coach and I wore his Hincapie team kit all year last year. "Secret group" is just a term Facebook uses. You need to be invited into the group and only members of the group can see what is posted (supposedly) I am a member of two of these. Tri-Coach-Ga and The Greenville Triathlon training group.

I an a member of 2 forums  http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/  and here.

I log my data in 4 places, http://home.trainingpeaks.com/ because my coach uses this,http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/ because I have been logging there for 5 years and like to go back and look at old data, here at runningahead because you asked me to (but the data entry isn't as accurate here) and on my home server as a back-up.

In summery, I don't really have a lot of secrets, you just haven't asked the right questions. (Until now?)

tweisner

I know, Josh.  I get it, really I do.  It all comes from having owned a retail store and seeing what people do to you.  But we sold it and now its out of business.  I just have a soft spot for local retail stores now.  And it means I usually pay full price for my running shoes and my full carbon bike with shimano ultegra components.  You got yours for $1100?  Was it used?   But I shop at Goodwill for everything else to make up the difference.

If I come to Orlando for Spring Break, what is there to do beside theme parks?  I'm not into theme parks.

- itri - 

pschriver

You must be excited about the new Goodwill Store opening straight across from Rock Springs?

I know, Josh.  I get it, really I do.  It all comes from having owned a retail store and seeing what people do to you.  But we sold it and now its out of business.  I just have a soft spot for local retail stores now.  And it means I usually pay full price for my running shoes and my full carbon bike with shimano ultegra components.  You got yours for $1100?  Was it used?   But I shop at Goodwill for everything else to make up the difference.

If I come to Orlando for Spring Break, what is there to do beside theme parks?  I'm not into theme parks.

Traci, if you come to Orlando for spring break, you can hang out with me in Clermont.  we have a great Goodwill store! Kate loves it.  Also, I can use one of my guest passes to get you in the NTC and we can train/swim/etc.  Maybe we will bump into some cool people... for example....2 weeks ago I met a girl named Helle Friedreksen.  We were just chatting and she happened to mention that she had only done 1 half iron distance (and she came in 1st)  She was an olympic triathlete for Denmark and now she is switching to non draft.  she won San Juan 70.3 on her first attempt at that distance and she is on the cover of Triathlete magazine this month.  pretty cool huh?

When is your break?  There is a free duathlon on March 30 and there is a free 5k every saturday.

tweisner

You must be excited about the new Goodwill Store opening straight across from Rock Springs?

Yes, I am.  On Thursdays, they move stuff to the $1 rack.  You never know what you'll find.

- itri - 

You could go to a local trishop, try one like it and see if it fits? 

or go here http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0151/3877/files/2012-Size-Chart-A5-Wetsuits_newsizes.jpg?6343

and if it looks close I can see if the guy will take a return if you pick up the shipping?

Or take a chance that if it doesn't work out, resell it on e-bay for $150

from the chart i'd prob be small or medium/small but you can cut the suits off right? so if it was too long i could just cut off the legs?  i may be interested in that suit if  i could cut off the legs.

Could you see if they still have the suit for sale?

Lori

pschriver

from the chart i'd prob be small or medium/small but you can cut the suits off right? so if it was too long i could just cut off the legs?  i may be interested in that suit if  i could cut off the legs.

Could you see if they still have the suit for sale?

I will check on the suit. I may even get a better price. I have never cut a wetsuit but I have seen youtube videos that show how to do it. I usually end up needing more arm and sleeve length.

pschriver

Another link to Xterra wetsuits

http://www.xterrawetsuits.com/store/index.php/products/wetsuit-clearance-sale/used-sleeveless-wetsuit?options=cart

Really good price although I think you can get it new for $129. I believe that sale ends today Just put in the discount code   getyours

at check-out

i looked at the suits, according to their size chart i'd be a medium small.  they had a long sleeve in just small, but the sleeveless was only in small long.  i wonder if i could squeeze into the small, i know the medium small is going to be really tight anyway. but are the sleeves going to be too hot for the swim in may?  

Lori

pschriver

There is really no big difference between sleeveless and sleeved as far as getting hot IMHO. There is a slight reduction in shoulder movement with the sleeved suit but the full sleeves are slightly faster for most people. Full sleeves are also a little harder to put on and pull off. I have both and use the full sleeve the most. I started with a sleeveless but got sleeves a couple of years ago when I was considering Escape From Alcatraz. I pretty much only use the sleeved suit except during the summer on training swims when I think I will be putting the suit on by myself.