The Postfontaine Project

Runner's digest Memorial Day Weekend (Read 4 times)

really reallly reallllly fallen off the running program lately. didnt even break double digit miles last week. Hopping back up on it this week, where I'm going to try to have my first 40 mile week ever (i think). We'll be up north friday-monday so I plan on running on some fun trails while making it a practice ragnar. That's about it, hope we don't get eaten by bears while running. stupid bears.

at least I'm on pace to drop 20 pounds between the marathon and ragnar, as long as Jennee stops forcing me to eat peanut butter and culvers. So I should, theoretically, be faster. and handsomer. still be the ugliest one in the van tho.

CoolAid_WoMan

Team Paws (the UWM team for the Lakefront Marathon in October) has started a Tuesday evening speed work group. I haven't gone in the past because I'm super intimidated and super slow, but I decided to suck it up and go tonight. Really glad I did- I forgot how refreshing speed work can be!

We did descending intervals followed by 2 minutes of rest: 1200, 1000, 800, 600, 400 & 200

It was kind of rough because I've only ever done 400s when doing speed work- so the 1200 was pretty excruciating. I managed to average an 8:50 pace for my intervals, which was good enough for last place in the whole group, but good enough for me (as I've been hovering around 11:00 for everything else I've done).

16 days to go! Let's go #brucespringsTEAM aka #TheEStreetVan aka our really long team name....

5K: 29:39

10K: 63:13

HM: 2:16:51

FM: respectable time TBD

Jirafe Blanco

Umm, can we still change our team name and just be Bruce SpringsTEAM and the E Street Van? Purrrty please.

I ran a bit this week -- not as much as I wanted, but since i fit it in between supervising 13-year-olds, it was about as stressful as Ragnar running.  I'll take it. Also there is a 'pancake run' which I will be attending tomorrow.

"Hills are the shortcut to success"

Strung together 6 runs in 3 days for 32ish miles and hit the 40 mile weekly mark healthy for the first time ever. Running doesn't suck all the time some of the time.