RA Coaching Forum

Rockenmama's Training for 2007 Fall Marathon'S (Read 1567 times)

Well I told my dh (coach Kenny) that I wouldn't run today. Not sure why I agreed. Maybe it's cause poor Kallie really needed a nice long walk and if I didn't do it today it wouldn't be until next week sometime. Anyway can't believe I left my camera at home. Today would of been the perfect day to take some pictures of my running grounds, before all the leaves fall. Oh well maybe I can do that sometime this weekend. Got in a 2 mile walk by myself, then took Kallie for a nice 5 miler. She's now tuckered out and sleeping next to me. Boy does she need a bath now though lol HOPE EVERYONE HAS AN AWESOME TURKEY DAY!!! Stay safe!!! And enjoy!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

btb1490

Hey Pam, what's up with the hammy? Make sure you are good to it! Your races are over for this year, enjoy running slower for a while! Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!
        Hey Pam, what's up with the hammy? Make sure you are good to it! Your races are over for this year, enjoy running slower for a while! Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!
        Hey Bob!! The other day I was doing some housework when I felt a sharp pain in my hamstring. I KNEW what I was doing didn't injure it, only thing I could figure is that I did something a few weeks ago. I did some reading up on hamstring issues and see that you can have problems when you change shoes. THinking about it I realized that I never really had any hammie issue's until I changed to the Asics WITH the new orthotics. Throughout Philly M I could feel a tiny issue going on with my right hammie. I'm sure that didn't help whatever issue was going on at the time. Anyways it's still a tiny bit sore to touch but I didn't feel any issue's going on whatsoever with today's run or MOST of yesterdays runs (felt it a bit while warming up). I plan on babying the hammie for awhile seing how they can be sooooooo tempermental. I'm definetly enjoying the low milage. I'm even taking tomorrow off Shocked Can you believe that lol. 3 days off in a week (ok so not exactly the same week lol). Anyway I had a great Thanksgiving, how was yours?

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

btb1490

Pam, that would be an easy fix if you could trace your hamstring issue to your shoes. I hope you get it worked out soon. It sounds like you are catching it early, and you are good about taking care of issues like this, so no doubt you will be back 100% soon! I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving! My was busy, but all in all very good as well. Most importantly, I got a run in! Wink
            Pam, that would be an easy fix if you could trace your hamstring issue to your shoes. I hope you get it worked out soon. It sounds like you are catching it early, and you are good about taking care of issues like this, so no doubt you will be back 100% soon! I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving! My was busy, but all in all very good as well. Most importantly, I got a run in! Wink
            Crossing my fingers that I'm on the right track. It's feeling 99% better. You've been getting quite a few good runs in! So nice to see the changes in your log this past month! WTG on your first double digit run last week!! One of these days I'm going to do like you and bring a camera to take pictures. I'll try to remember tomorrow. Anyway can't wait to see some of the pictures from your last run! Hope you have a great week!

Pam- What shoes do you think may have caused the problem? Reason asked- I switch between the Asics 2120's and the Mizouno Alchemy's. I started having hamstring problems early last year and it seemed to happen when I wore the Alchemys. I didn't run in them for a while and the problem seemed to get better. Then I got the Alchemys back out for some trail running and my hamstring started hurting again. I guess it is the shoes.
              http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                Pam- What shoes do you think may have caused the problem? Reason asked- I switch between the Asics 2120's and the Mizouno Alchemy's. I started having hamstring problems early last year and it seemed to happen when I wore the Alchemys. I didn't run in them for a while and the problem seemed to get better. Then I got the Alchemys back out for some trail running and my hamstring started hurting again. I guess it is the shoes.
                Mine we're the Asics 2120s. The 2110's worked great for me however the 2120's didn't seem to be a good fit (reason why I scrapped them and turned to the Alchemy's to run the first two marathons. However after injuring the tendon on the top of my foot( due to attaching chip to the eyelett instead of the lace itself and tighting the plastic thing too tight) and the fact that they were getting up there with milage I switched back to the new pair of Asics I bought. I ended up buying some orthotics to put in them which really helped eleviate the tendon proble, however I ended up having hamstring issue's (figured it was due to putting much more stress on right leg since injuring my left foot) I switched back to the Alchemy's for the past two runs and my hamstring feels 99% better. Who knows if it really was the shoes, however I do know that the Alchemy's 7's have been the best fitting shoe that I've ever had.

btb1490

Pam, here a some of the many photos I took on my last run. It's a 6 mile loop that starts out on the road, and I finish up on trails along the bluffs. Gotta love this autumn running!
                    Sweet photos, Bob! Reminds me - I need to repost those trail shots I took over here. Pam - hoping your hamstring problem doesn't nag you long term like mine has! Like Bob said, it would be sweet if you could do an easy fix with the shoes!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Great photo's Bob!! You have some awesome places to go running!! Some of those photo's remind me of Eastern Washington!

Sweet photos, Bob! Reminds me - I need to repost those trail shots I took over here. Pam - hoping your hamstring problem doesn't nag you long term like mine has! Like Bob said, it would be sweet if you could do an easy fix with the shoes!
                        Thanks Mike!!! It's been feeling great. We shall see how it feels on todays run!

Took some pictures on my walk with Kallie. These are all from where I normally run (little lehigh parkway) This is the fly shop where I normally park by Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket This is the first hill if I don't cross the bridge. It's much steeper then it looks in the picture Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Picture of my baby Kallie Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

btb1490

Wow Pam! Beautiful! Just a little hilly, eh? I can see why you like running, and walking, there so much! Looks like you had a nice morning today! Thanks for posting those!
                              more pictures Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket a crazy fishermen out in the cold and wind Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket The local shooting range for the local police Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket The local running club's club house Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Couple more Here is Kathleen Jobes (Female winner of 2007 Steamtown and a local elite that is also hoping to qualify for the olympics this year) Ya it's a sucky picture, but hey her and her partner we're doing intervals on the access road and I suck at taking pictures lol Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket