RA Coaching Forum

Rockenmama's Ultra Marathon training journal (Read 757 times)

Had a great run with dh today. He ran with me until 10.5 when he decided if he was going to get some work done today as well as making sure his legs weren't too tired so he could run one loop with me tomorrow he had better stop. The weather was AWESOME! Talk about a 180 from yesterday. So looks like things may work out the way I would lik ethem too this week. Here's today's splits. Interval 1 Mi 9:50 9:50 9:50 Interval 1 Mi 9:40 19:30 9:40 Interval 1 Mi 9:27 28:57 9:27 Interval 1 Mi 9:26 38:23 9:26 Interval 1 Mi 9:25 47:48 9:25 Interval 1 Mi 9:25 57:13 9:25 Interval 1 Mi 9:22 1:06:35 9:22 Interval 1 Mi 9:19 1:15:54 9:19 Interval 1 Mi 9:09 1:25:03 9:09 Interval 1 Mi 8:54 1:33:57 8:54 Interval 1 Mi 8:54 1:42:51 8:54 Interval 1 Mi 8:48 1:51:39 8:48 Interval 1 Mi 8:34 2:00:13 8:34 Interval 0.5 Mi 4:15.21 2:04:28.21 8:31

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Look at the pace...totally a Pam Progression Run! Nice.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

btb1490

Pam, if you had kept going on that last run of yours, you would've been doing 7 minute miles at the end! Good job running your husband into submission! Wink
          Look at the pace...totally a Pam Progression Run! Nice.
          Thanks Mike!! Yes that's the way I LOVE to run! Now if only I could get some of my running partners to run the same way lol

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Pam, if you had kept going on that last run of yours, you would've been doing 7 minute miles at the end! Good job running your husband into submission! Wink
            I try to keep the 8:00 and under on my "shorter" runs though lately it's been tough holding back. Thansk Bob Smile My poor husband isn't too happy that he can't keep up with any of my runs lately. Hopefully he'll keep up with his running and will be running ME into submission (at least for the speedy short runs) in the near future.

Can I just say I'm feeling WAY TOO GOOD right now! I'm sure it won't last long though lol. Great run today despite feeling exausted this morning. Fresh air did me some good! Time for lunch (dh made me 2 you hear that 2 tuna sandwiches. Though probably will only be able to eat one. Guess he's starving from his run Smile

Can I just say I'm feeling WAY TOO GOOD right now! I'm sure it won't last long though lol. Great run today despite feeling exausted this morning.
                Had you not gone out and ran you'd probably still be exhausted and by now might even be irritable! I'm looking forward to getting out for my run in a few hours...

Run to Win
                25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Had you not gone out and ran you'd probably still be exhausted and by now might even be irritable! I'm looking forward to getting out for my run in a few hours...
                  TOTALLY!! Enjoy your run tonight Blaine Smile

This week work outs Monday 9 miles 6x1 at TMP (ten mile pace) Tuesday 5 miles easy Wed Off Thursday 3:5-4 hour run (20-24 miles) Friday 3 hour run Saturday Off Sunday 8 mile run

Today's workout went great. http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/5708646 Dh suggested my run with the intervals that the plan had implemented into todays run so I did. I haven't done a 10 mile race since May of 2007 and wasn't sure what to use for my pace. I decided that something between the 8:15 pace I did back then and 8:20 would probably be fine. The course for the 10 miler was flat and fast and I wasn't running on flat today and I was also running with dh who at the moment is slower than me. Felt rather comfortable during first interval and had a hard time slowing down to dh's recovery time (something I really need to work on if I'm going to be running with dh) He did 3 intervals with me but come time for 4th we split up. He's feeling his TMP is more around 8:40 or so, it wasn't a suprise that he was fading. I ended up speeding my intervals up a bit. They still felt pretty comfortable so I'm thinking my TMP is a little faster than it was last year (YEAH) Everytime I started the intervals I started out more around 7:00-7:15 (dh called me on that the last two intervals we did together) and I was a little suprised at how "easy" they felt. When I say easy I mean much easier then a earlier in the year. I'm hoping to keep these TMP intervals into first run of each week, of course that depends on how wasted the back to back long runs make me. Feeling really good though!

Future running partner.

Very impressive. It looks like you are progressing really well.
                          Very impressive. It looks like you are progressing really well.
                          Thanks Tom Smile And welcome to the Coaching Forum!

Ok maybe I need to fire my "coach" (dh). Looks like he had me do 7X1 mile intervals instead of 6 (not that it matters) I defininetly need to change my TMP.

btb1490

Sounds like this training stuff is really paying off for you Pam! Good to see you reaping the benefits of all your hard work! Nice picture of you stuffing your face! Tongue
                              btb1490

Whoa Pam, heck of a day of running you had yesterday! Awesome! Have a great weekend!