RA Coaching Forum

Bob (Read 291 times)

What a great run on Monday!! I really enjoyed reading your notes on it and am soooooooooooo glad you are able to go out and enjoy running again!! Wish I had a place like that to run around here!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

btb1490

Hey Pam! Caught you peeking! Smile Thanks so much for the nice note! I'm sure you have your share of neat and favorite places to run. Your LL trail sounds like a gem! Indian Island park where I ran on Monday is nice, especially this time of year when almost nobody is there. Here's a shot I got off the internet. This is the area I mentioned that was like glass and where the swan was swimming. Here are some shots of the places I really love to run the most though. These trails are out in the pine barren preserves. You can easily run 20 miles out there and not hit the same trail twice. And it's pretty darn rare to come across another person out there. I took these in the springtime when running with my buddy Dave. Trail running is the best! Anyone who has trails at their disposal to run on is very lucky. I consider myself very fortunate.
        BEAUTIFUL!!!! My inlaws live near the Pine Barrens in NJ. I had NOOOOOOOO clue that it could look so much like my home state (NJ that is). It's just way too crowded where I live. Maybe now that it's getting cold, people will stay inside and let me enjoy the peace and quiet. Not that I don't mind, just gets too crowded for me at times. BTW THOSE are REAL trails!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Bob! Awesome photos of the trails, I'm jealous too. What's even more awesome is that you are running again! Woohoo!!!!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Carl A

Great pics and running--This weekend, I'm going to have to hit the woods too!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Wow! From the looks of your log, Bob, it looks like you are back in the saddle! That's an awesome development. How is the foot treating you? It definitely looks like your treatment (self and PT) and cross training have been doing the trick.

btb1490

Wow! From the looks of your log, Bob, it looks like you are back in the saddle! That's an awesome development. How is the foot treating you? It definitely looks like your treatment (self and PT) and cross training have been doing the trick.
                Mike, thanks for taking a peek at my training. The foot is doing ok, thanks for asking. It's about time! I wouldn't say I'm back in the saddle yet though. My stride is still out of whack, my left leg in general is still weaker than my right, and it throws things off. I've been focusing in strengthening the left leg with weights and hopping drills, and doing one legged kicking in the pool. Also for my running form, I've been doing strides at the end of each run. All this is helping a bit, but right now the miles are low and the pace is easy, so I'm getting away with it. Once the miles, speed and long runs pick up, my fear is something is gonna happen again. For now though, I'm keeping it easy and keeping the mileage build up slow, so we'll see what happens. Again, thanks for asking and commenting! Smile
                  I'm keeping it easy and keeping the mileage build up slow, so we'll see what happens.
                  I'm glad you are keeping it easy. I think this is key! And will prevent "something happening". Maybe leave the speed part out while you continue to rehab and build up the easy miles. Just sayin'. You've worked too hard on the rehab to hurt yourself again! I know you know this - just reminding you! Big grin