RA Coaching Forum

mikeymike's quixotic quest (Read 854 times)

mikeymike

Hey muse, doing great, Thanks! MIL is fine, saw her on Saturday--gave her a hockey helmet for mothers day. Good luck with your cold, I battled mine for a good 10 days. Healthy now, but allergies are being a pain.

Runners run

mikeymike

Training week 5/7/07 -- 48 miles in 6 runs. Okay week, recovering from being sick the beginning of the week. Still, easily could have hit 60 miles but I took mothers day off as a gift to my wife. Uneventful, 2 decent 10 mile runs in there, did strides 2x. Saturday's run was awesome. Let them run a bit since I had a feeling I wouldn't get out on Sunday. This week aiming for 60+ for sure, gotta get crackin. Anyone still following this?

Runners run

muse_runner

keep running.

Yup... I'm following you. Want to see the ebb and flow of Mikey Mike's training. e.g., "How the really fast people run when life is just... life" keep it up and take care!
        running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
        mikeymike

Training week 5/14/07 -- 64 miles in 7 runs. The Quixotic Quest frieght traing got back on track this week. No illnesses or family emergencies to deal with. Key workout 1: Wednesday's 10-miler with 6 x 1000 and 4 x 30 seconds. Key workout 2: Sunday's 13 mile bad ass progression run. Did strides a bunch of times. Feeling really, really good right now. MTA: I need a race. Signed up for a flat fast 5K this coming Sunday, got the buy in from my manager (wife). My legs are not fresh (last week was my highest mileage week so far) but I'll take a couple easy days on Friday and Saturday and go for it.

Runners run

mikeymike

Training week 5/21/07 -- 52 miles on 7+ runs. Lower than average because I raced a 5K on Sunday. Ran a very even paced 17:59 for 26th out of 1800 or something and was pretty happy with that. It was just fun to race again, damn I just love to race. All in all a great week. Key workout 1: Wednesday's 10 miler with 10 x 300 at ~5K pace...just trying to find 5K pace. Key workout 2: Sunday's 5K race.

Runners run

mikeymike

Week of 5/28/08 -- 61 miles in 7 runs Good week. They're kinda all the same at this point. See my log for details. Etc, etc.

Runners run

Marathonmanleto

Mike, Are you doing any tempo runs? I went through your log and didn't see. How about races? Your milege looks good and so does your base. Good luck on your training as we near the home stretch!

Marathonmanleto

yo mike, your training is amazingly like mine. Compare the logs--good luck on Your Marathon in Hartford. Looking forward to your report.
                  muse_runner

keep running.

How's it going Mikey?
                    running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.

Prophet!

mikey not here...