RA Coaching Forum

Going to the next level (Read 502 times)

Marquess of Utopia

I was looking at my old PR's and I was thinking that it is within the realm of possibility to break all of those records. I've been reading Jack Daniels Formula and I'm sure I'll design my next program from there. I'll have to train harder than I've ever trained, increase mileage, etc... I have been thinking about changing my diet, but I don't want to be sick all the time from not eating. What do you fast guys do to stay so lean? I carry most of my weight in my powerful quads. My Legs: Fast Guy:

Oh Mighty Wing

do you follow a weight routine? maybe the difference lies in there??

Marquess of Utopia

No, I just eat whatever I want to.

Oh Mighty Wing

No, I just eat whatever I want to.
          i meant weight like lifting weights not like how much you weigh.

Marquess of Utopia

LOL... Yeah I don't lift weights.

I have been thinking about changing my diet, but I don't want to be sick all the time from not eating. What do you fast guys do to stay so lean? I carry most of my weight in my powerful quads.
              I don't suffer from not eating. In fact, I eat constantly. It isn't so much how much you eat, but how often - drink a lot of water (a sip or two every 15 minutes or so throughout the waking hours) and eat a small snack at least every 2 to 3 hours. I don't like sweet foods, so my junk intake is pretty limited, but I like to have carrot sticks, pretzels, apple leathers or other dried fruit, beef jerky, and nuts on hand at work that I can snack on, and usually bring an apple and a banana to work with me for further snacking options. Be sure to eat after all of your workouts too, even if it's just a granola bar or banana or something. Your muscles need something to process in order to recover from your increased workload. (Are you on my email newsletter? I have a 20 page report on that very subject. Blatent self promotion is grand.)

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Oh Mighty Wing

Blaine's 20 pager is really good!! What is your reason for wanting to be "lean" as you put it? Because I think you look great! MTA: I eat every 2 hours also.
                  Im curious, who took those photos?

Ryan

Marquess of Utopia

Im curious, who took those photos?
                    A guy I train with. Blaine, I just signed up for your news letter; thanks for the info.