Trailer Trash

Dilly Dilly Wednesdaily (Read 22 times)

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Thank you and sorry about the mini-report tacked on to the weekender . This week is recovery and I'm just walking .

QOTD: As a country song goes; I'm barely held together by a few old threads .

Daydreamer1

Had a few inches of nice fluffy white stuff over the past 24 hours. Enough that I got the tractor out to plow instead of just shoveling. Probably about 5-7 inches depending on where you measured.

A very unsophisticated panoramic view this morning from my back deck .

Just got back for my parents place. Fixed my dad's snowblower. They are getting to the point where I'll have to put in more time helping them out.

Might go for a walk. Why a walk and not a run?  See QOTD for explanation.

QOTD: Right foot/heel started bothering me several days ago. It was so bad that I had to walk on the ball of my foot only. Pain mostly in heel but also intermittently up through the foot toward the toes. Never on the same side at the same time. Sometimes it was medial, sometimes lateral.  Massage, stretching and Meloxicam have helped and today it's pretty good but not ready for running, hence the walk that I might do.  Also trying to battle the beginnings of a cold I think, which is why I need to get out in the cold so I can freeze the damn germs.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Dilly Dilly

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NorthernHarrier

Probably about 5-7 inches depending on where you measured.

What exactly are we talking about? 

About to head out for a quick 4 in the hood.  Daughter and family are flying in from SLC tonight for a few days. Nice!  I also entered an event out there this summer in the Wasatch east of SLC. Wonder if I'll bump into Rosie Ruiz...I mean, well you know who.

QOTD-- Well I did have a little health alert but after some test and consultations I am good, I guess. The autopsy will tell for sure I suppose. Feel great, fit, and running good for a geriatric dude.

AT-runner

Tim

About to head out for a quick 4 in the hood.  Daughter and family are flying in from SLC tonight for a few days. Nice!  I also entered an event out there this summer in the Wasatch east of SLC. Wonder if I'll bump into Rosie Ruiz...I mean, well you know who.

QOTD-- Well I did have a little health alert but after some test and consultations I am good, I guess. The autopsy will tell for sure I suppose. Feel great, fit, and running good for a geriatric dude.

Good news. Where do I send my bill? 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

moonlightrunner

No run today. I took clothes to work, changed into them, and promptly drove home. I'm feeling down in the dumps. Post race let down, I think. And I despise my job. I hate what I do there and the team is a dysfunctional, toxic mix of back biting and avoidance behaviours.

Anyhoo...I have a run planned with a buddy this weekend. I hope that will get me going a bit. Tonight I am going to see a survival vest and pack for next year's Frozen Otter before all I learned from my first attempt.

QOTD: I'm good. My left IT is sore, but it is not a Biggie.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

GC100k

Gonna run circles on the indoor track tonight while my girls are at church. Snow is probably not going to melt enough for a trail run on the weekend. I could run in the snow I guess, we'll see what it looks like.

QOTD: I'm fine. Last summer I had my first injury in 30 years of running, but it's fine now. Illness-wise, I haven't missed a day of work, seen a doctor for sickness, or had a prescription in over 20 years, so I'm pretty hardy. Did gain a lot of weight over the holidays that I'm not happy about.

moonlightrunner

No run today. I took clothes to work, changed into them, and promptly drove home. I'm feeling down in the dumps. Post race let down, I think. And I despise my job. I hate what I do there and the team is a dysfunctional, toxic mix of back biting and avoidance behaviours.

Anyhoo...I have a run planned with a buddy this weekend. I hope that will get me going a bit. Tonight I am going to see a survival vest and pack for next year's Frozen Otter before all I learned from my first attempt.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

NH- good one, hard to be believe Queen missed that one!

moonlight- I might be of some assistance with packs (or other gear), I've run dozens of different packs over the last five years (it's a weakness of mine )- lmk if you do

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

I might run a few ideas by! Easy accessibility of emergency items, items needed during the run. All in front for quick access. A  place to store extra clothes and a small sleeping bag in the back. I don't want to dig any small essential item out of the bottom of the backpack.

What do you use for hydration on your long winter outings? I used a camelback bladder and tube with a tube insulators. The tube froze almost before the race started, despite my blowing the water back every time.

moonlight- I might be of some assistance with packs (or other gear), I've run dozens of different packs over the last five years (it's a weakness of mine )- lmk if you do

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

take a look at UD Fastpack offerings- I have both the 15 and the 35, they also have a 25- one of those should work depending how much kit you need to carry

for a "sleeping bag" I would think you would want something along the lines of a survival bag- an Climashield Apex quilt would work well, light and packs small- less effected by moisture than down- I have one that has a poncho hole in it so I can throw it over the to of me like garment- that could be handy; a lightweight bivy would be worth carrying in the event of an emergency as well

in really cold weather (and longer duration) bladders simply won't work, regardless of how diligent one is- I use wide mouth Nalgenes (they come in 1/2 and 1 liter and even larger soft sided sizes)- I wrap them in closed cell foam and carry them up side down- this keeps the threads from freezing

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Well at first I wasn't too excited, but when I thought about getting the tractor out..................................Blushing animated emoticon     Laughing smiley animated emoticon.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ha ha and I only saw 4 to 6 inches in the picture...men! 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Um yea you told us 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I didn't.  I was out shopping which resulted in a part of my soul dying.