Trailer Trash

Trying Thursday (Read 15 times)

runtraildc

This entire week has been trying- just ‘off’, but today… anyways, chowder and I got in 4.5 this morning. He was tired so the last mile was slow. And I was overdressed. 

qotd- anything new and exciting in your life lately? I’m looking forward to my trip to AZ next week and exploring the Tucson area. Lots of running and hiking plans. Other than that, things are kinda quiet (and no complaints!)

LB2

Had a meeting this morning that was productive. Sent out some emails. Put gas in the truck. Loaded the truck. Resting.

QOTD: I am looking forward to stepping off on an adventure at noon tomorrow. We have a hunting trip in Alabama the last week of March, and we have another road trip hunt the last week of April to Oklahoma.

LB2

dhuffman63

Trails

Good luck LB.  Can't wait to see your RR

Queen of Nothing

Sue

2.5 slow twisty ankle run with Jack and then back out for 4 more....

qotd:  Heading for a ski vacation in UP Mt Bohemia.  I think the snows going to be horrible.  We are also staying in a Hostel and it's their Mardi Gras weekend.  This area is way north.  There is also a dog sled race going on....that will be passing by.  I'll take the time to ho watch that.  

lb-----good luck, have fun!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

LB2 - good luck and have fun this weekend.

Did 5 early this morning, a yucky 73 deg.

A fast moving cool front headed east is supposed to blow thru tonight while we are driving to the west, it'll be thunderstorms, very windy with lots of rain.  Since we are going opposite directions I'm guessing it'll be over quickly. Fingers crossed.

qotd: Headed towards Big Bend this afternoon, really looking forward to it.

tbd.

LB2

LB2 - good luck and have fun this weekend.

Going to sleep early. Truck is packed and ready to go. I even rigged up a foot stool to help me step up to get in the truck when I finish and step out of the truck when I get home.

LB2

LB2

Thanks everyone.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Good luck LB!

Sandy have fun at Big Bend!

4 miles (700') w/ DW and Tiny Elvis- I've worn spikes out everyday since November (save days I've snowshoed); every trail has long sections of straight ice- 2-6" thick- it takes a lot to melt thick ice!

qotd: we're putting together a 4-5 day backpacking trip the first week in April in the Mazatzal Wilderness (Arizona), should be a nice mix of desert lower and forest higher

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

11 miles total today at an average pace I haven't hit in over 7 months for that distance.

qotd:  Planning a day trip to Baltimore Inner Harbor with my DD to tour the National Aquarium and USS Constellation.  Finally feeling confident enough post-injury to start registering for races.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

I even rigged up a foot stool to help me step up to get in the truck when I finish and step out of the truck when I get home.

Smart!!  Have fun!

I got nuthin' today.   I was too tired to drag myself out of bed and have been dragging all day.  Hopefully, a good dinner with friends this evening and a good night's sleep will revive me.

QOTD: The closest thing is my 50k mid April.  And then *fingers crossed*, I'm hoping I can go visit my buddy in Portland in May.  Otherwise, I got nuthin'.

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

LB, have a great weekend!  

QOTD: leaving tomorrow for Monument Valley.  Going to be a bit of an adventure getting there. Hope it’s fun. Next month, looking forward to a trip east to NYC, to see my niece, then the Philly trail marathon with a good RB.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR