Trailer Trash

Hump Day (Read 16 times)

LB2

Heading to the woods this morning for a little while. I am officially ready for turkey season to be over. I'm tired. It has been hard, and it has been fun. Probably no run today. I have too much going on when I get back from this short hunt. I usually only try to fill one of my tags, but no one else seems to want to go hunt this season. So, I'll keep going until it ends on May 2nd unless I get another one.

QOTD: What is your favorite tree?

Cedar trees are my favorite. I love the way they look and smell.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

Snowing right now. Not too thrilled about that at all.  Heading over to Eagle River to pick up a new boat motor. Even a big shortage of those these days with the times of Covid. Supposed to be about 20 degrees warmer tomorrow so I'll try the motor out then.  I will do some rowing and a 5 mile run on the Nature Conserv property right near my shack when I get back.

So I did the 32K at Sweetwater in Ga. this weekend. Small race with less than a hundred peeps between the 50K and my race. Thought about that prior to entering. How can a race that is supposed to be a cool race right near a major metro area have so few people in it's 15th year? Well it's a pretty disjointed affair. Very bizarre course layout imo and wasn't overwhelmed by the race organization either. Kind of a let down after wanting to do it for a number of years. In my race I did ok being the oldest person and I think I came in 16th out of 29. Geezered a few people. 

Gator-- glad to see you're good. Had a feeling since you had mentioned your wife's exposure at work then you disappeared for a bit.

QOTD--White Pine followed by the Hemlock. Have a couple majestic White Pine on my property and Hemlocks all over it.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles yesterday with Tiny Elvis; looked more like March than April, but we can use the moisture

will get in some miles after work today

qotd: tough one, really like Aspens, but will go with Western Larch- turn yellow in the Fall and unlike other conifers they drop their needles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Not sure of running plans today. Weather is nice now but heading south later today. Storms and wind then cold. Maybe a few road miles or perhaps, egad pull the plug on the streak. Only ran 3 yesterday up at the local trail as I decided to take off and play golf. Had a great finish, 7 shot negative split on the back nine finished with 2 birdies. I will post the details at the golfingahead forum.

QOTD: We have several ornamental pines on our property. My favorite, though we don't have it any longer was an umbrella pine. I enjoy running through pine, cedar, and hemlock forests the most however. Who doesn't though?

Gator - Yeah, I was wondering about you too and we have not heard from Queenie for awhile either. Great you are on the other side.

Harrier - Huh. Odd about that race. When I did in 2013 it seemed pretty crowded... 200+ runners and I don't recall any organizational issues. They only had the 50k back then.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Gator eye

Good news, the snow missed us but still cold

Bad news , my cherry trees are full blossom, no cherry pie this fall unless I buy cherries

i did my 8 this morning. Nothing fast just comfortable

yeah where is Queenie? Moon? The funk is running out of control in MI right now. Hope both are safe. 

QotD: fruit trees, apple, plum, pear, cherry, peach.

the late frost and freezes have been hard on them the last few years

runtraildc

Not sure of running plans today. Weather is nice now but heading south later today. Storms and wind then cold. Maybe a few road miles or perhaps, egad pull the plug on the streak. Only ran 3 yesterday up at the local trail as I decided to take off and play golf.

That's how I'm feeling today. My streak, however, is much shorter at about 100-ish days. I should have paid more attention to the forecast as it was nice this morning. Now, blowing 30 mph. And my friend bailed on a run so it's up to me and my motivation. I guess I can get my a$$ out the door for at least a mile or two.

Gator-- I was worried about the same thing, especially after hearing about your case. I hope they are ok.

qwotd: douglas fir

Sandy-2

Another 3 mi taper run today after work.  Nothing special.

qotd: I've always liked weeping willow trees.  But I also like the big oak shade trees they have down here. Like this one...

tbd.

Pain is my friend

40 min tempo run this morning. 20 min warm-up then right into it.

7:05 for half-mile

7:04

6:49

6:52

6:45

7:15 - half uphill

12.5 miles for the day.

qotd: That one with needles. Love the smell and to hear the wind blowing through it.  I like climbing trees.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

The Hub and I both took today off to celebrate his 10 sobriety birthday.  Sometimes it's hard to believe it's been 10 years.  Feels like the time flew by.  And our life these last 10 years have been the best of our 33 1/2.  I'm very proud of him.

In the afternoon, I got in an hour core/ST/cardio.  I was whipped by the end, but it felt good.

QOTD: Oak, Ponderosa Pine, and Weeping Willows.  I grew up in Central CA with lots of coastal pine and oak trees.  Not a big fan of the coastal pine, but love the smell.  And oak trees have always reminded me of grouchy old men. 

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

LB2

The Hub and I both took today off to celebrate his 10 sobriety birthday.  Sometimes it's hard to believe it's been 10 years.  Feels like the time flew by.  And our life these last 10 years have been the best of our 33 1/2.  I'm very proud of him.

You should be proud of him and yourself. It is hard to be a good friend to someone who has a serious substance abuse problem, but it must pale in comparison to be the spouse of someone who is. I think that says a lot of about you, all good.

One of my best friends has a major problem. I've never seen anything close to it. And frankly, it is more than I can bear. He has basically become a recluse, a hermit. He just sits in that dark house and drinks. All the things we used to enjoy doing are of no interest to him. He lies worse than Bill Clinton and Donald Trump put together; he is unreliable; he is probably clinically insane. To be honest, I don't know how he is still alive.

LB2

Sandy-2

That is truly a great accomplishment !!! 

tbd.