Trailer Trash

Taking it easy Monday (Read 17 times)

runtraildc

I'll run later, but just the minimum for the streak.  After 3 days of hard gardenwork, my body wants a rest day. Chowder seems to need a rest day and he's only two!

qotd: Any good shows or books that you haven't been able to finish?  I have a few unfinished ones that I keep thinking I should get back to-- mostly 'Orange is the new Black' and Breaking Bad (last two seasons). I liked both a lot, just seemed to have dropped them from my viewing cycle and then never returned.

1 hr of the P90X core synergistic workout.  My left AT is causing me issues, I'm guessing from too tight calf muscles, so I may lay off anything strenuous for day or two and massage the heck out of it to try and get it calm down.

QOTD: Over the weekend, we started watching "New Tricks", an older BBC crime drama series that ran from 2004 to 2015.  It has humor and drama.  We really like it.  We don't watch too many series together because The Hub has a short attentions span when it comes to something like that.  But we read a LOT.  A book I started and don't think I'll be finishing is "Blue Highways" by William Least Heat-Moon.  The Hub liked it, but I just can't get into it.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

NorthernHarrier

After a stretch of nice days with rain at night it has transitioned to just rain all day and night with the temp constant at about 42F. It's getting old. I did run about 13 miles in it yesterday. Raincoat worked good as I stayed mostly warm and dry except my hands. Better days are ahead. I hope.

Rest day from running but some weights, rowing, and stretching this morning.

QOTD--Not really, about the only thing that comes close is we recorded the PBS/Burns documentary on Hemingway from several days ago and have been slowly getting thru that.

XtremeTaper

Not much yet today. Just the usual dog walk this morning plus weights at lunch. Well, what passes for weights these days for me. Not sure if I will run road or trail later today. In any case it will be a short run in the 4-5 mile range.

Yesterday, ran on a new to me trail. French Creek trail. Not near it's namesake park, but a few miles from the terminus of the creek where it dumps into the Schuylkill River near Phoenixville. I happened to spy a trailhead when driving back from the firehouse where I got vaccinated. So went home and picked up Baker and off we went to investigate. Perfect trail for me these days.. 2 miles out to the end, perfectly flat until the last little bit at turn around, where it got rooty and rolled slightly. Mostly ran right along the French Creek in a small river valley. It was sort of nice and peaceful given the rain, sound, and flow of the stream.

J&J vaccine yesterday for me. No real side effects, other than a mild headache and lethargy this morning. I was in the first batch of appointments at 8am so was in and out of there pretty fast.

QOTD: House of cards. I just could not take it towards the end. Especially once the creepiness of Spacey came out.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

SRD today.  But I will do more stretching and light core stuff for the lower back before dinner.

qotd: I have an old school paperback that I bought for one of my long flights a year+ ago.  It's one of those expansive historical Ken Follett books, I think I read about 50 pages at some point but it's been sitting on the shelf since forever.  Obviously I'll have to start it over again if I ever get back to it, which won't be soon with all the reading I do for work these days.

tbd.

Pain is my friend

Fun ridge climb 4.8 mile loop with 2600 ft of vert. Then a few road miles to make it 9.7 miles for the day.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

LB2

Nothing but work today. I didn't run. I didn't hunt. I just worked. We went to Alabama this weekend to hunt. We had horrible weather. The weather finally broke, but the two "adult" sons of the landowner got into a fist fight at the house. We decided to leave early. Crazy!! Maybe if one of them kills the other one before next spring, we will go back. I don't know if it is that bad, but at 50 and 47, you would think fist fights would be a distant memory.

I did end up screwing up on a shot yesterday. I had dropped my shotgun really hard in Florida. It was hard enough that I thought I should check my scope. But, I didn't. Yesterday, I shot a turkey, and he hit the ground. I got up to go get him. He got back up and took off running. Then, my gun malfunctioned, leaving me no follow up shot. I came home and figured out that my scope had moved my point of impact several inches to the right and a couple of inches high. I fixed it, but I hate to let one get away.

QOTD: I never could quite finish "Undaunted Courage". I just sort of lost interest the last 100 pages or so. I need to finish it.

LB2