Trailer Trash

Super weekender (Read 11 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles (600’ )on a chilly morning- mid teens. 

qotw: watching the Superbowl?  rooting for anyone?  will probably watch it, can’t root for KC being a Bills fan 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Almost 16 miles with a Trail Sisters group. Over 4000’ of vert. There was a lot of hiking and chatting. 

QOTD: I’ll be rooting for the Niners, of course, but I might just put the game on the radio while doing other more productive stuff.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

5 miles, warm (mid 70s) and light rain.

qotd:  Yes we'll watch!!  Rooting for the 49ers, but will be ok if the Chief's win since we like both QBs.

tbd.

runtraildc

4 miles with the coffee shop group, then was a slug the rest of the day. 

qotd- no.

Sandy-2

5 mi this morning, still warm. Now we’re having a front coming thru, t-storms and tornado warnings all around us.

tbd.

LB2

I have been trying to recover from this cold for a couple of weeks now. I have been okay for a week or so, but I didn't want to relapse and my daughter was visiting last weekend. Anyway, I ran this morning for the first time in a couple of weeks. It was good, not great but good.

Also, let it be known to all that on this day, Sunday, February 11, 2024, I saw the first strutting gobbler of the year. I was watching a big tom in the backyard at 9AM and wondered where his compadre was. I walked to the kitchen to refresh my coffee and saw a big, full tail fan across the road. He was surrounded by hens. Turkeys will strut periodically throughout the year, but this is what I consider to be the start of the mating season. Little, if any, actual mating will start this soon, but in the next few weeks, it will kick off here. At least I know which one to target; I don't like to shoot the primary breeder. Our season doesn't open here until April 6th. I think average nest initiation is around April 15th. It starts getting good about that time.

QOTD: I don't know if I will watch it or not.

LB2

9 miles with my running club.  Bought a few squares in the Super Bowl pool, which is a fundraiser for the running club's scholarship fund.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6 miles (600') with Tiny Elvis; north end of the Big Belt Mountains

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Saturday I had to switch gears and my planned 5 miles of trail running turned into 4 miles of hiking when my fricking tight right hamstring refused to loosen up and my legs, in general, refused to join the party.

Today was a SRD. I got The Hub's invoices done, did a little bit of his his tax stuff, and vacuumed while he did a bunch of yard work, fixed dinner, and we watched a couple of movies.

QOTD: I wanted to watch the game, but The Hub wasn't interested.  He's not a fan of either team, but after he went to bed to read, I turned the game on and saw that it was going into overtime.  Now I wish we'd watched it.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance