Trailer Trash

Monsoon Monday (Read 14 times)

LB2

We got a little rain last night, and I am back to work today. However, I'll get out for a little scouting/hunting trip this morning until around 9AM. I covered 3 miles yesterday and managed to kill another turkey. I shot one I would not normally shoot, but I have limited time this season here at home. Plus, there were 15 jakes (young gobblers); taking one out isn't going to hurt a thing. My A goal is to kill one in each of the 3 states I am hunting this year. The B goal is 2 of 3, which we have completed. I have one more tag here I would like to fill before we go to the greener, but crowded, pastures of Oklahoma. I guess I'll run in May; April will be hiking. I am having fun.

QOTD: Anything weather related to report?

It seems like tornado alley has shifted further south the last few years. Mississippi, Alabama, and the northern portion of Louisiana seem to be getting hammered more than the traditional tornado zones. When we were in Alabama last weekend, we were fortunate that most of the bad stuff lifted above us, barely. But after we left for home, they got hammered pretty hard with storms, which is why we came home early. Looks like tomorrow is going to be rough for folks in Arkansas, north Mississippi, Missouri, and into Illinois.

LB2

runtraildc

Got in my race (Cherry Blossom 10 mile) yesterday with 17k other runners. It was windy, fairly cold but sunny. And I'd take that weather over hot and humid any day. I last ran this race before older DS was born, and those days you sent in a clipped registration form from the race guide with your check. Now it's much, much larger with a lottery system. It was fun, it was a good race for me and I'm good for the next decade or two (or ever).

qotd: It was very windy here this past weekend, almost tropical storm level but it lasted much longer.

6 cold, EZ, predawn miles.

QOTD: It started raining again yesterday, and at some point last night, it hailed.  Our deck and all the cars on my route were covered.  Luckily, the rain stayed away until I was almost done with my run.  The hail meant more snow on in the mountains.  I hope this all tapers off before my race outside of Chico in 3 weeks.  Also, at this point, I'll be very surprised if WSER isn't a boat year.

To continue yesterday's talk of nimbly avoiding debris on the trails (not!). Years ago I was running with a couple of friends.  I was slightly behind them, he thought he had high-stepped enough over a stick, caught it with his right foot.  That sucker ended up whipping around and hacking me in the shin.  One of those things that couldn't happen again if you tried.  Son of a biscuit eater, that hurt!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

XtremeTaper

Ran about 3 yesterday on the flattest trail I could find at Warwick Park. Sort of chilly yesterday but bright sunshine. We saw this huge dog, a Dogo, Argentinian Mastiff. Thankfully he was friendly and well trained. He towered over Baker and was still a pup. Took advantage of the cool weather to take on a massive weeding project in the back 40. Might get out for a few miles later at the lake. Babying my creaky knees right now.

QOTD: We had some storms on Saturday. It was a long line from a cold front. Did not seem to bad when it rolled through here but I kept hearing weird sounds outside and it was nonstop thunder in the east. Sort of crackling constantly. I think the storm strengthened as it passed us. Weather peeps broke into the NCAA final four to give non-stop instructions on what to do to prepare yourself from the impending death and destruction. Apparently strong spring thunderstorms are a new thing?

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

SRD today, might take another one tomorrow because my knee is acting up.

qoyd: it was almost 90° today.

tbd.