Trailer Trash

It's definitely the weekender dailies (Read 13 times)

I'm going for a short run after finishing my coffee.  Hope the ribs and lungs cooperate.

QOTD: March mileage?  We started this discussion yesterday but since so many people were AWOL... 

I finished with 184.  A little lower than I wanted because of health issues but that happens sometimes.

QOTD2: Weekend plans?  Same old stuff here.  Visiting my dad after running, chores, yard work...  Oh, and listen to some baseball on the radio!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles yesterday with Tiny Elvis, 4 miles this morning with DW and TE.

qotd: 257 miles- just about where I want to be (roughly 35 miles/week)

qotd2:  Flying out to Phoenix this evening with a buddy; we're doing a big loop (5-6 days) in the Mazatzal Wilderness.  Brand new country for both of us, looks like we'll encounter some snow above 6000'- but shouldn't be too bad.  Weather forecast looks pretty good (except for a couple of days of high wind- Mon & Tues) highs 50's lows 30's

See you guys in a week or so 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Up early to beat the warmth, started at 4:30 and did my western loop. Did 20 miles.  At miles 5 to 7 I go thru a quiet, dimly lit older neighborhood area, this morning in the dark something up ahead a bit crossed my path… a great opportunity to play a game of “opossum or armadillo”, (they are pretty much the same shape and size and waddle along with similar gate) so in dim light you can’t tell until you get closer or turn on the light.  This morning was a little tough, something looked a little different, but when I turned on the handheld all became clear. Momma possum and 3 or 4 little baby faces on her back were staring back at me.

A half mile later the same thing happened, but no games this time, even in the dim light I could see it was a raccoon’s profile.  Hey I have to do something to keep me going on these early morning, long slow jaunts.

qotd:  so you don’t have to look at yesterday’s number, 188.  Whew , Gatsby still didn’t scream by me  .  Good one mt  have a great trip!!

qotd 2: we went to dinner with a friend at our favorite Thai place, lots of fun as usual. Today we’re trying a new greesey  burger joint.  Just so you don’t think our weekend doesn’t revolve around food (even though that’s the case most of the time), I also have a few little projects to do at the house.

tbd.

Yesterday, I ran the 6 and strides I was supposed to do Thursday, so today's 15 trail miles ended up being a smidge over 14 on kinda tired legs.  I went to Headwaters for the first time in weeks and encountered SO . . . MUCH . . . DEBRIS on the trail after Mile 4.  Ugh! We had a huge wind storm one day this past week, and there's still just a bunch of debris from this winter anyway - and argh!  I caught my feet on so many small branches that came back around whipped me in the back of the legs.  I think I kinda know what it feels like to be flogged.  I went ahead and did 6 loops at the top (1/2 mile loops), but it was mostly hiking since I had to trudge over so much crap.  Tomorrow is a rest day, but if it doesn't rain, I'll get a walk in at some point.

March Miles: 156.4

QOTD: See above

QOTD 2: We have a family reunion (The Hub's) on the coast of OR in July, a wedding outside of Portland, OR, in August, and after that, I don't know what we're doing.  Take our trailer somewhere for a few days.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

NorthernHarrier

Been awol for a bit as I started my new part-time gig but it involved a long week of training with a couple long days. Not many miles this week and only a couple rowing and weight sessions. Should develop a more normal routine this coming week. Northern Wi. got hammered with another snowstorm. Some areas around me got 20" of heavy, wet snow. Massive power outages, high wind, etc. and a lot of areas have yet to be plowed. Somehow my town only got maybe 6"-7" inches and all is good while 20 miles away they're paralyzed. So despite all that I did get out for 6 yesterday and will do 10 after lunch. Oh, and it's snowing again right now.  This winter will just not let go.

qotd: 257 miles- just about where I want to be (roughly 35 miles/week)

Interesting math.  Have a nice adventure.

QOTD- 143

QOTD-2- Watch snow pile up in April.

Sandy-2

Another 20 this morning to complete the b2b. I ran the creek-side Greenway near DD’s house, but she didn’t join me today. Today was about 5 degrees cooler with less humidity, so it felt much better than yesterday. No critter sightings today, but I heard lots of deer moving thru the woods that I guess my headlamp startled.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

6 ish...my watched died...,,walked Jack a mile.  Need to go out for 2 more to hit the green.  

qotd: 93 miles

qotd:  Nithing

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

8 miles today.  Keeping fingers crossed that I've finally put this bug behind me.  Changing to HM at Napa Valley in two weeks to make sure I don't overdo it and have a setback.

Fatozzig, one of my best running moves is to step on a downed tree branch so that the other end lifts up just enough to make me trip over it with the other foot.  Slick, huh?  

Fatozzig, one of my best running moves is to step on a downed tree branch so that the other end lifts up just enough to make me trip over it with the other foot.  Slick, huh?  

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of Nothing

Sue

That's a good one but the other day my life foot hurts something and crossed in front of my right foot and tripped me....I'm just like really you almost tripped yourself.

8 miles today.  Keeping fingers crossed that I've finally put this bug behind me.  Changing to HM at Napa Valley in two weeks to make sure I don't overdo it and have a setback.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Similar move as Gatsby, but with a shorter stick that is lengthwise along the trail. You step on one end with your front foot and it lifts the other end enough to catch the top of your back foot.  Now you can’t move your back foot forward and you trip and fall or almost do so.  It’s a one-in-a-million thing, but I’ve done it a few times. The funny thing is if I actually tried to do such a maneuver I never could. 

tbd.

We are all truly gifted.