Trailer Trash

TGIW (Read 15 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Today’s my Friday   Have to enjoy it as I don’t get too many weeks with two days off anymore (we’re down a guy at work). 

5 miles yesterday with Tiny Elvis, broke the 100,000’ mark yesterday Smile

a few miles after work is the plan

qotd: supper or dinner?  pop or soda?  any other regional differences?

supper here (sometimes you’ll hear dinner); it’s pop here, rarely hear soda.  anyone know what a jockey box is?  it’s a glovebox in Montana Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I didn't run this morning, and it looks like the apocalyptic storms are setting in for the day. I don't guess I'll run today.

QOTD: Supper, Coke (Everything is coke here. You say, "Get me a coke". The reply will likely be, "What kind?" You may hear "Dr. Pepper." And that makes perfect sense.

LB2

broke the 100,000’ mark yesterday Smile

Nice!

I just couldn't drag myself out of bed this morning, but it's gonna be another stunning day and I'm supposed walk with my co-worker at lunch, unless she backs out.  We'll see.

QOTD: Dinner, soda.  My mom was born and raised in TX, so she always had different sayings and words.  Can't remember any of them now, but one of her superstitions was no hats on the bed.  It was bad luck.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Planning a light interval workout today.

QOTD:  Dinner meant a mid- or late-afternoon main meal, as in Sunday dinner.  Supper was the main meal later in the day, usually around 7:00 PM.  Here it's soda, but where I grew up in the Midwest it was pop.  Then when I visited my grandparents in Southern Illinois, it was soda pop.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

I'll do 5 mi after work today.

qotd: dinner, soda.  I'm a NY transplant in TX, while there may have been different vernacular here, there are enough of us transplants that dinner and soda are taking over (at least in the big city burbs). As in a restaurant server saying. . . .  "here are all y'all's sodas".  

tbd.

runtraildc

4 muddy and misty miles in Rock Creek with Chowder. I got out just before it started to rain, so good timing. The bluebells are still in full bloom and there were few others, on account of the weather.

Where is Queen? Is she buying a house?

qotd: grew up with supper and pop, and now 20 years into living out east, it's dinner and soda. Changing to 'soda' took some self-training. Smile

XtremeTaper

Only did 3 yesterday on the roads as I had a late start and still had the lawn to mow. Baker was none too pleased with the road run. During the last mile he bee-lined to a yard and I figured he wanted to pee/mark his space but he faked me out and plopped down on his back and laid down, rolled around, and acted goofy. He does that sometimes when we road run. 

Some light rain this afternoon but I think it will be dry when we head out for our run. 4-5 at the lake. I think we will do the spin cycle section in the cedar forest tonight.

QOTD: Hoagies. They are not subs, zeppelins, torpedoes, heroes, or grinders.

In dog beers, I've only had one.