Trailer Trash

More Recovery Monday (Read 15 times)

LB2

Ended up going to the doctor on Saturday, and I did test positive for Covid. By that time, I was pretty much back up and rolling pretty good, but I wanted to see if they could do something to give me a boost. I got a steroid shot, cough syrup, steroid pills, and a Z-Pack. I feel fine, but I am still taking it easy for another day or so. I don't know how bad this would have been if I hadn't been vaccinated, but it was bad enough that I don't want to know. Anyway, I feel great, but I still have some coughing going on. The cough has broken up pretty good. I haven't had any breathing issues or experienced the exhaustion I have heard others describe.

QOTD: What is worst you have ever felt when you were sick?

It was sometime around 2011 or 2012 when I had the flu. I was in bed for 10 days, only emerging to eat a little and go to the bathroom. I thought I was on death's doorstep. This event wasn't even close to that, but I don't say that to diminish the seriousness of it just to explain that I have been in much worse shape.

LB2

Sandy-2

SRD today.

Wow, four great football games this weekend!!! Three walk-off field goals by the underdogs, and an OT game.

LB, glad to hear you're on the mend.  Our SIL is also feeling better after his bout with C-19, but my DD might have caught it. They were keeping separated as much as possible, but she was really tired Saturday and slept for about 12 hours and has a slight sore throat, no temperature though.  She ordered an at-home test but it won't arrive for a couple of days. Fingers crossed.

qotd: I think I has some soft of flu years ago that knocked me out. I don't remember when it was but I do remember feeling like a tuck hit me and wanting to sleep for a few days straight.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I've had my suspicions, but last night confirmed it- God is a Kansas City Chief fan 

DW and Tiny E got out for 4 miles yesterday; I normally strength train on Sunday too, but was too consumed watching football- so today is miles AND strength training

sadly I think DW now has the crud I had 

qotd: the one that sticks out in my mind is probably 10-12 years ago, DW and I both got a stomach bug (about a day apart)- we thought no problem, suffer for 24-48 hours and then better.  Not sure what the hell we had but we were bed ridden (except for the semi-frequent dashes to the bathroom) for 4-5 days.  We were getting severely dehydrated, but I think what saved us was taking Gatorade and putting in the freezer- we could manage to keep down the Gatorade ice chips (lemon-lime) somehow.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Recovery day again, but the ankle looks and feels pretty good. Tomorrow I'll get out for a run. This weekend had a lot of walking, took Chowder to the Bay where he went swimming (?!?). It was in the mid 30s and the water was cold, but I had his floating stick and well, that was that. Tail wagging, but lips shivering. Nutty dog. But that describes most springers. No NFL watching.

qotd: Hmm, I had to think about this one. I remember feeling terrible with chicken pox as a kid. Not only was the itching terrible, but I was utterly exhausted.

XtremeTaper

5 yesterday on the trails/ice at Birdsboro watershed. Dang it.. made a pair of screw shoes the other day but did not take them as Saturday had no issues with ice. I should have known running at higher elevation and in more woodsy area the trails would still be slick. It wasn't the snow, but the melted snow had thawed and iced over. Later we took the dogs out for a nice easy flat walk along the river and then stopped for burgers at five guys.

Today, some miles at the lake or local trail. Should take a day off soon but miles have been low and I will wait for a colder weather day.

QOTD: I had the Norovirus twice. That is nasty stuff but the worst effects don't last too long. It does wear you down and dehydrate you for a day or two after the purging. Last time it happened I was down in FL and 5 days out from an ultra. I thought I picked it up at the state fair but turned out it was when we visited my sister, nieces, and nephews at a resort in Orlando. Half of us caught it.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Great games this weekend!

I've had my suspicions, but last night confirmed it- God is a Kansas City Chief fan 

I was bummed for the Bills, but there were a couple of blown coverages that killed them.  I'm guessing both defenses were completely gassed by the end of the game.

I'll get my core/ST done after work.

QOTD: We went to Prague 13-14 (?) years ago.  On the way home, the guy behind me was coughing so hard, I could feel the breeze on the back of my head.  The day we got home, I was down for the count with the body flu, and The Hub was taken down the next day.  We were so sick, we had to ask a friend do some grocery shopping for us 'cause there was nothing to eat in the house.  We were down for a week.  It was horrible.

Then about 8 years ago, we went to Africa and I got food poisoning on the plane on the way back.  About 5:00 a.m. at the hotel where we stayed on our return, I started puking.  At 6:00, The Hub asked if I thought I could manage the 6+ hr car ride home.  He had to stop at least twice on the side of the road so I could puke.  Fun stuff.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

some interesting factoids regarding OT in the Playoffs (which are totally different than regular season)

In the playoffs - "Per NFL research, teams who won the coin toss have won 10 of the 11 playoff games since these rules have been enforced."

In the regular season - "Of the 163 total overtime games since the rule change, teams that won the coin toss have won 86 times and tied 10 times. "

sorry but that's crap 

oh strength trained this morning (not nearly 100% found that out pretty quickly) and then 5 miles with TE in a "snow globe" like snowfall- probably an inch in the hour-ish we were out

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

4 sluggish miles....so now it's time to come up with a plan to increase my distance ...which means walk Jack take him home and go back out for a run.  

qotd:  self inflicted illness....ate a whole order of Jalapeño Poppers myself.....later that night I was on the pot and in such pain....felt like I was passing a handful of razor blades.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

4.4 mile recovery run-walk

QOTD:  Must be 20 years ago I had a serious UTI (urinary tract infection for those not familiar UTI) that put me in the hospital for 5 days and had a 103F fever when I went in.  That's also when the doctors picked up my irregular EKG.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Well. . .  at least KC tried when they got hosed in a 2018 playoff tiebreaker.  But this year they benefitted.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/chiefs/2022/01/24/chiefs-tried-to-change-ot-rules-beat-bills/6634070001/

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Well. . .  at least KC tried when they got hosed in a 2018 playoff tiebreaker.  But this year they benefitted.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/chiefs/2022/01/24/chiefs-tried-to-change-ot-rules-beat-bills/6634070001/

I guess they felt the other end of it then; still a shitty way to do an overtime

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √