Trailer Trash

Finally Friday (Read 12 times)

LB2

I'll get out the door shortly for a some miles.

QOTD: Do you suffer from allergies? If so, when to they hit you the worst?

I seem to have developed allergies over the years, and as with most people, spring is the worst. I woke up at 1:14 this morning with a sinus headache. I blew my nose, had a sneezing fit, drank some coffee, and went back to sleep around 3:30 this morning.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

More snow overnight, not looking like anything close to spring around here. Looking out the window at my graduated stick we have 31" on the ground and we're predicted to get another 8" on Saturday. Might be June before I'll be running on dirt. Anyway, 3 straight days of good miles on the roads plus weights and rowing so I'm making the best of it. Today will just be more rowing and I'm gonna start some balance type workouts.

Picked up the Asics Gel Nimbus 25--OMG they are fantastic from a first impression. A magic carpet ride. Since I'll be on the roads for awhile yet I figured to need some max cushioning for my old legs.

QOTD--yes. I do Flonase and Allegra year 'round.

Yesterday 6 predawn miles with ladders in the middle, then after work 40 min of core/ST.

This a.m. I was supposed to do an EZ stationary bike ride, but I woke up feeling completely exhausted so I stayed in bed.  An extra 2 hrs of sleep didn't help.  I'm sitting at work trying to find some mojo to get through the day.

QOTD: I'm allergic to anything that's green and grows, which sucks when you live in an area that is green year-round.  I don't get plugged up too much, my issue is a chronic runny nose.  Most people, when they walk in a room, look to see who's there.  Me, I look for the closest tissue box, roll of paper towel, napkins, TP - whatever's handy.  Two weeks ago at my physical, I finally asked for a prescription as the OTC med I've been using is no longer effective.  The prescrip is helping some, but I think I'll be taking her up on her recommendation to add Zyrtek (or the Cosctco equivalent) instead of the Allerclear I've been using.  Fingers crossed I'll get to the point where my line - "I'll know I'm dead when my nose stops running" - is a thing of the past.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

runtraildc

Happy friday, trailers. DS and I got back home in the wee hours. Chowder was the only one to greet us, but it was 3 am. Fun week, but a lot of driving. Managed some good but short hike and a 5 mile run yesterday morning up the road from our airbnb. Got to visit Saguaro NP and did a ranger hike at sunset. Saw this a Javelina as I was leaving the trailhead. Lots of massive Saguaro cactus, which were really cool up close.

foothills of the Santa Catalina's

Javelina (It was moving very slowly and according to DS, they are not very smart and get hit by cars often). But they were on my list of desired animal sightings, so check.

qotd: No (and very grateful).

Sandy-2

Did 5 mi this morning (and 5 yesterday too). Nothing special, although after almost a week off, with only a 28 mile hike in there, both runs felt very nice.

qotd: I have a few allergies; cats, dust, hay fever, etc.  I suffer in the fall, but for some reason not so much the spring.

tbd.