Trailer Trash

June Swoon Running Challenge (Read 28 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Good luck tomorrow George!

Got an email update from the RD. The uphill is about 2 miles and the downhill about 1, so steeper coming down than going up.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Got an email update from the RD. The uphill is about 2 miles and the downhill about 1, so steeper coming down than going up.

Good luck, George.  I'd rather have a steep up and more gradual down for 12 hours.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Good luck, George.  I'd rather have a steep up and more gradual down for 12 hours.

Here's the course profile

That little dip just before .5 was welcome and the flat section at about 1 mile was wooded, so shady. Some of the downhill was so steep I was afraid to run it, especially when the footing was loose dirt and gravel. Even walking I almost ended on my ass. Per my 910xt I reached the peak at 1.6 miles, so 1.4 miles downhill. I'll write and post a RR later but between the heat reaching into the 80s, bright sun, and the unaccustomed vertical gain, I was done after 5 laps and 15 miles. I had to talk myself into going back out for the 5th lap. At least I'm now at 94.2 miles and on pace for 157 for the month.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Update time - now 2/3 of the way through.  You should be around 100 mile give or take a few.

I am around 114.5.  Things are going well and other than needing to take today off due to not feeling well, I hope to finish strong.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My tracker says I have to run 7.7 miles a day to reach my goal which in reality is doable so I haven't given up yet!!!

.... total 73.7 miles.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm behind where I wanted to be, but not really behind-behind.

I missed my run yesterday -- stuck in the car for the majority of the day, father's day stuff, getting home after being gone all weekend -- blah blah blah.  Sucks to miss a weekend run, but oh well.

Anyway, sitting at 98 miles right now, so I'm still in okay shape.

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

111.3.  Starting to fall behind. No run yesterday or today and only short ones if any the rest of the week. I should make it.

muppy

I am at 124.1 miles,   it will be close but hopefully I will make 150.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

At 127.4 after today's run. I won't say 150 is a shoe in, but there is a good chance I'll finally reach it for a month. Opted to stop after 3 loops of Mt Joy and Mt Misery at the fatass 50K. I was afraid the way I was stumbling and tripping, even when walking, that it was only a matter of time before I took a bad face plant on the rocks. I'd already come close several times and also narrowly avoided a twisted ankle a few times.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

172.5 so far should leave me with 190 by the 30th.  I'm good with that.

You people have issues 

Daydreamer1

147.6. Going to try to get out this afternoon for 5 so that will put me over the 150 mark. Really want 155 and should get that in the next 4 days.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

As of yesterday, I'm at 149 miles.  I think I can manage at least a mile tonight!    Thanks for the motivation gang.  I probably wouldn't have made it without this challenge.

That being said, I think I'm going to back off a little in July and ride my bike a little more.  My hamstring is a little sore and I think I need a break.

Running is dumb.

LB2

Unless I run about 58 miles today, I won't make it. June sucked. But it wasn't as bad as May. Plus, I just started my work up on mileage June 20. So, whatever. Piss off if you don't like it!!!

LB2

muppy

Nice job everyone!

158.6 for June, I barley made it.

I say we do double or nothing for July and we include lawnmower miles!  (I mow about 15 miles a week)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

117 seconded highest month of the year...  better get going to meet my yearly goal.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄