Trailer Trash

Fridaily (Read 12 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Howdy Trailers!

5 miles (800') with Tiny Elvis, in the snow again 

qotd: what's for supper (or any other upcoming meal)?

we're doing fish and chips tonight (and coleslaw); frozen, already battered ,cod from Costco- actually pretty darn good fish

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Nothing for me yet.  Bonkos/Bunko was at my house, which made for a late night.  And no, I didn't win.  Booo!

Today is The Hub's 12 non-belly button birthday / 12 sobriety birthday.  Last night before I went to bed, I turned his coffee cup over and laid his chip on the base of the cup so he'd find it first thing this morning.  Very proud of him.

So my race that's located about 30 minutes outside of Chico that's been continued to May 20?  Well, end up that's the same weekend as Chico State's graduation.  (1) Not only are there are no hotels available in Chico or Paradise, the 2 closest towns to Forest Ranch, but (2) even if there were, the prices have more than doubled.  Prices where I initially booked went from $120/day to $370/day.    Even though we didn't want to, me thinks we might be towin' the trailer over . . . 

QOTD: The Hub took a chunk of ham out of the freezer, so most likely scrambled eggs w/ham.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Let!s just turn Fridays into a weekender cause really...isn't Friday the start of the weekend?  Yesterday walk only and today 2 Mile walk and 4 mike jog.  

qotd:  I made tortilla soup yesterday...but did go out for fish and chips last night.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Since this is the weekender, here we go!  I flew to JFK yesterday, navigated by subway to my hotel (3 train changes!), and saw my niece’s show at a tiny local theatre. Short run in Prospect Park this morning. Now I’m on a train to Philly, where I’m meeting a friend and doing a trail marathon tomorrow.  Enjoying my little east coast adventure. 

Fatozzig, so annoying about the complications from the change in the race date.

QOTD: BBQ last night, tonight is TBD.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

Ok, this is the Fri-Weekendaily?

Friday I took a SRD.  Today I did 6 miles, felt nice since it was cool and I didn't have to go too far.  Tapering is great.  Then I went to coffee with the running group.

qotd: we had grilled chicken thighs in a sesame sauce with a side of black-bean and corn salad concoction that my DW makes (it's really good), and cantaloupe.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Leslie- sounds like a mess- hope you can work it out!

7 miles (1400') for Tiny Elvis and I today

qotw:  we went out for a prime rib dinner this evening, not an overly fancy joint, but a pretty good piece of prime rib- big enough we brought some home and will get another meal out of it

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Coming back reasonably quick after my aborted race last week.  6.2 miles yesterday and today another 6.2 with some fartlek thrown in.

After the race I visited my DD in SW TN for 4 days before returning home.  Had some really nice but short recovery runs around Cherokee Lake.  It's a beautiful area not too far from the southern end of Great Smoky Mountains NP.

qotd:  scrambled eggs and biscuits last night, chili tonight.  Have a chicken breast thawing so that will tomorrow or Monday.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

George- sounds like you're pretty well back in the swing of things- good deal!  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

George, I must have missed it, what happened in your race last week?  Anyway, some good runs out there.

Today I did an easy 4 miles just to keep loose.  Then went to coffee with the run group again.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

George, I must have missed it, what happened in your race last week?  Anyway, some good runs out there.

Today I did an easy 4 miles just to keep loose.  Then went to coffee with the run group again.

Not sure I remembered to post anything here.  It was a 12-hour race on a track and I was running strong when the sun came out and it got hot quickly.  Despite keeping hydrated and trying to cool down with an ice pack on neck and head, I was overheating and got a little dizzy when I stopped at the aid station for more ice.  The EMT checked my BP and it had dropped alarmingly to 90/60.  At that point he urged me to call it a day and I agreed. I finished with 21.1625 miles in 5:19:42.  I had hoped to run 40+ miles.  I recovered fairly quickly all things considered, but the risk in continuing wasn't justified.

Full race report:
                      https://wcrunner2.blogspot.com/2023/04/2023-alexander-county-12-hour-post.html

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 15 this morning which is my longest run in quite sone time.  Ran with a group...first 4 with the fast folks, next 7 with a slower woman (she told me to go, I told her I would slow down because I'd rather have company).  She headed back at Mile 11 and then I was a bit lost but still made it back in just over 15 miles, the Irgun Al goal. 

still eating that soup....but feel bushed it today.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Leslie...definitely take the trailer and make it an adventure.