Trailer Trash

Mending Monday (Read 11 times)

LB2

Finally kicked the cold/cough I fought for at least a week, and I think my forearm issue is resolved. I am pretty sure it was a sprain/strain of a tendon or ligament. I lifted weights this morning instead of running because I was dressed at daylight to go help someone find a pig they shot yesterday evening. Right before I headed out the door, he texted me and said he didn't want to mess with it. I hate to let something go to waste like that, but I wasn't going to eat it. Anyway, I think using the forearm like I did this morning helped it. It was a little sore, but it didn't inhibit me from doing what I needed to do.

QOTD: Did you watch the football games this weekend? If so, were you happy with the winners?

I watched the highlights, and I wanted the superbowl to be Baltimore and Detroit, so I didn't like the winners.

LB2

runtraildc

Rest day for me. I'll take my mom's little dog out for a hike this morning, as it is finally sunny outside! Maybe we'll wait until afternoon to let the trails dry out a little. Not sure it'll make a difference, but he's pretty low to the ground and gets muddy easily. Other than that, I'll be painting her entryway.

qotd: Didn't watch but I was rooting for Baltimore, only because it would make a lot of people happy where I live. No one really cares about the other washington team.

XtremeTaper

Plan today is some walking, stretching, and a trip to the gym later for a spin. yesterday, woke up to heavy rain but it looked to be moving out by the time I would be down in southern PA for run/hike with the traildawgs at 9am. Pretty much down to a drizzle or mist during our loop at Fair Hill. Pretty much stayed on the gravel trails, roads that loop through the park. Had a good time. Birdie had a bigger pack to run with, a slow 6 miles or so.

QOTD: Yes, watched the games. I was indifferent to the AFC winner, was hoping for the Lions in the NFC but they could not close the deal in the second half. I know their coach is aggressive and probably has no regrets but he may have left 6 points out there that would have been handy.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

45 min of core/ST this a.m. after having pillow time with Old Fat Chico after my alarm went off.  He likes to come and get put his front half on my pillow in the morning and get head scratches while I ward off his paws that he tries to put in my face.  He's so happy, you can hear him purring from across the bedroom.

Gatsby - Do you know if the Skyline 50k course covers part of the Firetrails 50 course?  It sounds like it does.

QOTD: I wanted Baltimore (even though Flowers ended up being an ass) and the Lions.  We don't root for the 49ers in our house, even though it's hard to root against Purdy.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sandy-2

SRD today.

qotd: We figured it would most likely end up as it did, but we were kinda rooting for both the other teams due to the history.  But then again we also happen to root for Mahomes and Purdy - not sure yet which way I’ll go in 2 weeks.

tbd.

Gatsby - Do you know if the Skyline 50k course covers part of the Firetrails 50 course?  It sounds like it does.

Yes, there's a lot of overlap between the two race courses.  You can look at both on the Scena website, and you'll see how similar they are.

SRD for me.  Usual yada yada at work.  Strangely beautiful day here, sunny and almost 70.  Big storm is supposed to arrive on Wednesday.

QOTD: I didn't watch the AFC championship game.  Did trail work at a local park instead.  Of course, the trail work finished in time for the NFC championship game.  I was happy the Niners won, but I also would have been happy if the Lions had pulled it off.  Will be rooting hard against Kansas City at the Superbowl, which would have been the case no matter who they were playing.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR