Trailer Trash

Wonderful Weather Weekender (Read 14 times)

runtraildc

Holy cow is it beautiful here today. No run yet, but will soon. Taking care of some household duties, with outdoor plans soon.  And it's supposed to stick around for a while.

qotd: Weekend plans? Whatcha up to?  Nothing big, as usual. A little running, definitely some garden chores. Maybe I'll run to the store for a couple of steaks to grill for dinner. We've been eating a lot of leftovers plus uninspired meals this week.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got 4 miles in with DW and Tiny E on a nice late Winter's morning- little snow, little mud, little ice and a few dry spots too Smile

Got 6 miles in yesterday and spent Wednesday and Thursday snowshoeing in the Elkhorns.  Went bare bones with just a bivy, sleeping bag and pad, which was good because I hit a bunch of rotten snow and was postholing up to my thighs with snowshoes on.

qotw: got our weekly grocery run in this morning (and ate breakfast for the first time in a long time); nothing too much on the agenda this weekend.  My youngest DD comes in mid-week and going to stay a little over a week.  We're going to snowshoe into a cabin that sits at 8000' next Friday for a couple of days (it also has a wood heat dry sauna ), so need to start getting a list together for that.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Also BBC a beautiful day here...went skiing with a friend...Sunny and 50s.   May just join her again tomorrow.  It's the last weekend. 

qotd:  skiing...will run tomorrow longish if I don't ski  need to get ready for my April race.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Nice bed, MT

After a short-lived downpour, it ended up being a beautiful day.  10 miles at Prairie Creek this a.m.  Love to run there - hate the redwood tree roots. I'm not exactly nimble or agile, so they're my nemesis, especially when they're wet and slippery.

QOTW: Not much planned, except finishing up tax stuff for Tuesday's tax appt.

May be an image of tree and nature

May be an image of nature and tree

May be an image of tree and nature

How thoughtful!

May be an image of outdoors and tree

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Wonderful weather here today, after a short burst of rain in the morning. 13.2 miles today. Should have been 14 but meh, hit a wall and called it good. 

fatozzig, those roots look slick!  But so pretty there. 

warden, so you just hopped in the bag, outside, in the snow, and went to sleep? No pillow?!    

QOTD: Had a zoom call this morning for Western States AS captains. Looking like it’s a go in June, but many changes in how things are done. Visiting dad tomorrow.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

warden, so you just hopped in the bag, outside, in the snow, and went to sleep? No pillow?!    

no I had a sleeping bag and a pillow 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I hiked a few miles yesterday looking for turkeys. I found some sign but heard and saw no turkeys. This morning, I ran 3 miles and walked about a mile trying to find where the turkeys behind my house disappeared to. They aren't far; they just aren't as predictable as they were a week ago. I think the weather sort of messed them up over the last week. I see where there have been in there since the storms we got on Wednesday. I pulled the camera last week and stopped any feeding in the area. So, I'll start working on my carport, or at least with my office window open once the season starts. If I hear one, I will take a break and go try to get him if I haven't already killed one. If I have, I'll probably just listen to him.

Warden: Your sleeping spot reminds me of snow cave days. I ended up feeling like I needed about one more inch of head space and ended up with an infinite amount of head space because the whole thing caved in on me. At that point, I carved out a little cubby in the side wall and slept there with a space blanket draped over the side.

QOTD: I busted up some concrete on Saturday and have a little more to do today. We should have a proper patio by noon tomorrow.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6 miles on a brisk morning (mid 30's) for Tiny E and I

in the distance where I was snowshoeing mid-week

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Warden: Your sleeping spot reminds me of snow cave days. I ended up feeling like I needed about one more inch of head space and ended up with an infinite amount of head space because the whole thing caved in on me. At that point, I carved out a little cubby in the side wall and slept there with a space blanket draped over the side.

snow caves make for a nice shelter (with the addition of a waterproof bivy), but are work intensive- I've found digging a snow trench and then putting some bracing across (thin poles, along with skis if on skis), throw a tarp over the top and layer on some snow is much quicker and just as storm worthy

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

We had lots of fun and survived the adventure. I’ll write up something soon.  We came in 3rd in our 2 person coed team category!! We weren’t the fastest but rocked the navigation and route planning (well, except maybe the bushwhacking in the dark incident).  

tbd.

Great job, Sandy!  Looking forward to the RR.

Warden, nice view!  Glad that you had a pillow.  Roughing it is one thing, no pillow is just barbaric.  

LB, we saw a turkey walking across the parking lot when we were on our way home from Tahoe last weekend.  Not sure if it was one of yours...

Ran 9 miles today along the waterfront in SF then picked up lunch to take to my Dad's house.  Wonderful weather weekend is continuing today.

MTA: photo.  Those are rowboats in the middle, Alcatraz directly behind them.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Looks a bit like a coffin!

no I had a sleeping bag and a pillow 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄