Trailer Trash

Tornado Tuesday (Read 12 times)

LB2

Ran 2.3 mile loop this morning. We had horrible weather here last night. My parents live about 10 miles from me as the crow flies, and a tornado hit somewhere over there. They don't answer the damned phone, but my cousin, their neighbor, said everything seemed to be okay but that it got pretty ugly.

QOTD: Have you ever been in the path of a tornado that hit?

I have been in close proximity to a tornado two or three times, but I have never taken a direct hit, probably wouldn't be typing this if I had. They are terrifying.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Hit the links last night for some golf but did sneak in a short run with Baker at the lake beforehand at lunch. Just a slow jog through the cedars. A bit cooler today but the plan will be some trail miles after work and a soak in the hot tub.

QOTD: LB2, glad everyone is ok.

Never seen a tornado in person nor a funnel cloud. My wife has seen them growing up in Oklahoma. They happen here in PA but are rare. You can't seen them coming as easily here as the plains due to trees and hills. When I lived in TX I do remember seeing a rather nasty wall cloud coming over the house one evening but it did not spawn a funnel or twister but the clouds were really swirling at the base.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

QOTD: LB2, glad everyone is ok.

Never seen a tornado in person nor a funnel cloud. My wife has seen them growing up in Oklahoma. They happen here in PA but are rare. You can't seen them coming as easily here as the plains due to trees and hills. When I lived in TX I do remember seeing a rather nasty wall cloud coming over the house one evening but it did not spawn a funnel or twister but the clouds were really swirling at the base.

Thanks. Everyone is fine. We bailed on a hunt one morning in Oklahoma due to a severe line of storms. We left our stuff at the COE campground and headed west to Black Kettle, hoping to find a turkey between storms. When we got back, our tent had been completely uprooted and thrown into some cedars. It wasn't a tornado, but it was a rough day of weather.

LB2

Hey, All - I tend to avoid the computer on the weekend these days.  I just spend too much time staring at it during the week.

Saturday I did my last LR before my race in 2 weeks.  I've just been in maintenance mode given the race was pushed out only 4 weeks, so Saturday it was 12 in the very hilly Arcata Community Forest.  I looked at my stats over the last 2 weeks (3 weeks including Saturday), and Saturday's run was a harder route and half a mile longer than 2 weeks ago, and it took me the same amount of time.  It feels good to actually see progress on paper.

Sunday we got our trailer ready since I'm leaving Thursday and won't be back until next Tuesday.

Yesterday, I couldn't face the rain in the predawn hours, so ran my 6 miles after work (why do I do that to myself??), and then this morning it was an hour of core/ST and mobility work, then I road my bike to work (3.6 miles), and I'll do a longer route home.

Monday QOTD: Except for short trips here and there, no big plans.  I'm headed to Portland, OR, Thursday, WSER in June, we have a 3-day family reunion on the Oregon coast in July, and then a friend's daughter is getting married outside of Portland, OR, in August.  We normally take our vacation in September or October, so we need to figure out what, where, when.

Today's QOTD:  Nope, and no thank you.  Glad your family's okay, LB.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

runtraildc

No run yet, but it’ll happen later with the brewery group. My schedule this week is different and I’ve had most of my morning’s free. It’s been handy to work on projects, but apparently not running. Today I finished spreading mulch, before the rain showers. It’ll be really nice out later for my run.

Qotd- yes, I could see it in the distance as I was heading down -I/95 north of DC. It had just passed thru by the time I hit the beltway. It killed two sisters in their car on the university of MD campus.

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: Hope you all don't mine me just answering these as I no longer run and walking is hit or miss.

Anyway growing up in FL saw a water spout in the Indian River once.  Then a couple years ago a small tornado was about a mile away dissipated eventually.  We have Tornado warnings all the time.  The huge one that took out most of Joplin near the end of May a few years back...DD and I were going to go to the mall but I had a migraine and we didn't go...it hit the mall area and we'd have been driving back in it.

6.5 miles after work.

DHuff, please keep posting. Running is not required here.

QOTD: no, never been anywhere near a tornado. And I hope to keep it that way.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR