Trailer Trash

Weird Weather Wednesday (Read 12 times)

LB2

I woke up to a muggy morning, and I went for my walk, 2.5 miles. I am taking a break from running and focus on hiking and strength training for a couple of months.

QOTD: Do you set specific times of the year to change your training up a little bit?

I always take a break in spring for about 5 or 6 weeks depending on travel plans. It always feels good to get back to running on a regular basis in May. This year, I got sick with a cold in late January along with an arm injury that is still puzzling to me. The arm is getting better, but it has lingered with varying degrees of pain for 6 to 8 weeks. All that set me back a little sooner than expected.

LB2

runtraildc

Weird weather indeed. I did not run last night but did yoga to work on a couple tight spots, which were aggravating my knee. Feels better today.  Chowder and I got out for a short walk this morning, just a mile around the neighborhood. Will do something more meaningful tonight after work.  

qotd- not routinely. Right now I’m aiming for an hour of exercise a day and incorporating a lot more walking.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Easy recovery run planned for this afternoon.

QOTD:  No specific times, but my training is adjusted to what my goal races are. May be adding more distance as I'm considering adding a 24-hour race to my schedule.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

4 mi this morning. Muggy and warm. Yuck.  It was in the mid-80s here yesterday. 

qotd: I do tend to plan less running in the heat of the summer.

tbd.

52+ min of core/ST and stretching this a.m.  I tried to remember what I did Monday, but could only remember some of the exercises. . . . I need a dry erase board in my shed. 

QOTD: I usually have an "off season" beginning some time in October through the holidays.  I run less and focus more on strength training and, if the weather's okay, riding my bike.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

We had a splendid sunny day but there’s rain in the forecast for tomorrow through the weekend. Not too weird weather, other than the fact that there was no hint of any bad weather at all today. Usually the wind picks up, temps drop, and it’s clear that bad weather is on the way. 

QOTD: I usually workout less during the holidays. Think about goals for the coming year.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR