Trailer Trash

Almost Spring Sundailies (Read 43 times)

The pooch and I got out for a 5 mile run. Marley had opinions on the route today so I let her lead me around for a change. At each trail intersection she stopped and kind of gestured which way she wanted to go waiting for me to say OK.

QOTD: I got nothing...

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Occasional Runner

6 mile tempo run this morning and an awesome workout at the gym. I feel pretty damn good after my long run from yesterday. It's warm (38) and raining here today, so I'm hoping to lose a bunch of snow on the trails today.

I hope you all have a great day!

Birdwell

Morning folks!

SRD for me.

We had lots of fun in Zion NP yesterday. Kids really enjoys seeing the river and waterfalls.

For yesterday's QOTD, I have lived in three states (AZ in multiple area, CA mainly NorCal around Sacramento, Utah in Cedar city)

QOTD: do you find it hard to take your running to new levels?

I'm getting ready to commit    to a 5 day a week run schedule, and it seems a little daunting. I know it's only one more run, and shouldn't be that hard.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Heading out for 14 or so at palisades park.  I ran there yesterday and came across a lot of ill prepared people taking on a 1.5 mile rock scramble (think 2 moms dragging along 3 kids ages 5-9).  I'm pretty sure there was no way they were getting out before the sun went down.  Once you get off the rock scramble, there is a 1/2 mile trail that ascends 510' up a mostly missing stone stair...there are signs posted on either end stating only advanced hikers should attempt the rock scramble.  People are crazy.

QOTD: I was feeling like my training had plateau'd for the past month, but this weekends runs were so much stronger, faster, and easier that I know its paying off.  I haven't been doing this long enough to have stopped improving.

**Ask me about streaking**

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I got in over 2 hours on some windy trails.  Temp was only 30 degrees but wind felt like it was 10 degrees.  I had some lighter gloves on, ans my fingers never warmed up.  The reservoir is loosing it ice, so spring must be coming!

Spring Thaw ?

QOTD:  I haven't changed my schedule much in a while, but I do have cycles over the year.  Moving from a lower month to a higher month has some adjustment period, but once the schedule gets worked out everything seems to work out.  It's mostly a mental hurdle, for me, wondering how I'm going to fit everything in to my schedule if I add more running hours per week.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Shoes_N_Shorts

Just here for the food

Dreadful 10 pre-dawn miles. Just some ugly, ugly running. I'll try to head out tonight for  6 or so to see if I can redeem myself.

I guess that sort of answers the QOTD. ;-).

XtremeTaper

Almost spring is right because it definitely doesn't feel like it right now but it's not awful either. Mid 30's with 10-20mph wind today. Took the dogs over to French Creek and we did my "easy" 8 mile loop. I'm still pretty tentative on the rocks because of the ankle but fee fine on the easier sections of trail. Ran 11 yesterday at Nolde Forest. Smooth trails over there but non-stop hill action. It was pretty fun.

QOTD: Ha, my new levels of training these days involve reduced expectations so I have no issues there. However, in the past, I was able to move up quite nicely and never encountered any huge issues. It seemed sort of a natural progression. I moved from 4 days/week of running to 5 in about a year, another year to get to 5-6, and then another year to make it to 6. Eventually I got to the point where I could run 7 days/week if I wanted to with no worries. Always take days off now and then though. Racing was another matter... I was stuck on the 3:12-3:15 times for the marathon for 5-6 years until I snuck up on it one year and busted the 3:10 barrier.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Spent Saturday night in the plane (no sleep) and then tried to stay up over here on Sunday.  Ended up walking around and then doing a late afternoon run.  Went for about 11 miles.  Just a jetlag sort of run.  Meetings start tomorrow and I may take a SRD.

Gonna crash now...

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

10 easy peasy with two friends and 4 dogs..all leashed.  Worked out pretty good.  We have our race next weekend.  Way Too Cool 50K.

QOTD: Yes I tryied going long to be able to run a 100 at one point.  Can't seem to push past the 50K.  I would like to run more often and reduce the weekly long run to 16.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runfastandie

Trailtromper- that is so cute!  I wish I loved dogs- they sound so wonderful.

Queen- Good luck at way too cool!!! Can't wait for a RR.

Well- I've tried to ramp up.

1st week- awesome- no injuries, basic running

2nd- knock 'em dead California flu (the one that kept the stars from the golden globes)

3rd- worst that the first -but determined to gear up

4th- Disneyland- days and days of fartleks getting fast passes

5th- Flu again

6th- now I've got a snot faced cold.

WHAT THE HECK???? I feel like it is my punishment for taking Dec/January off.

I've got my Racing Weight Quick start plan and I've photocopied week one more than I want to.

So...that's what I've been up to

11 miles this morning, tried to keep it flattish which required running around a 1+ mile loop mixed with shortish out and backs down various trails. Worked fairly well. I kept a good pace for the entire run.

qotd: switching to 7 days a week this January was pretty easy for me, but I did it right after quitting a part-time job at Fed-Ex. Not sure how the next hurdle is going to go yet... I need to get faster to be able to run more miles.

Pinhoti 100: Finished :D

NorthernHarrier

Good evening peeps,

Light weights and elliptical work but a day off from running.  Went to the final Badger home game for the season and they laid out a real stinker Angry. Oh well.   It looks like we have another big snow event rolling in starting tomorrow night so I'll have to try to figure out a revised schedule for the week--I do not want anymore snow. Grrrr.

QOTD-- I am old and I hit all my heights a long time ago. I'm only trying to slow my descent at this time in my life. It is still a lot of fun, just have different goals.  But back in the day I was motivated, hungry, and the fire burned pretty intensely-- I had no problem maximizing my limited potential and am quite satisfied with my performances back then.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I'm a newbie trailer, but thought I'd start posting here to get some insight into the world of trail running. I'm really loving it so far. My boyfriend finally came with me on a trail run this morning and we ended up with 3.4 miles at a very slow pace so he could get through it as he's not really a runner. It was probably good for me to go more slowly than usual as I'm recovering from ITBS on both sides and TFL syndrome on the right side, but at the time it felt really hard to go that slowly. It was still nice to have the company and to share with him my love of the trails.

anyway, looking forward to chatting with you all and soaking in some good info...like how it feels to land on your face on a frozen waterfall, not that I ever intend to repeat that. Smile

QOTD: Currently, yes. I'm in my first year of running and being injured has virtually erased much of the progress made in previous months. It is my hope that I will be able to recover from these injuries and move forward, but as with anything in life, there are no guarantees.

Uh oh... now what?

FlippyNoodle -- welcome, slow down, relax, gradual improvement works well.

We found the Trillium Woods trails... no interior signs, only our unfailing sense

of direction to see us through. As we got to the last gate (the first on the way out)

each asked the other, "What time did we start?" Each replied, "I dunno." It was a

one hand bottle run.

QOTD: ...take your running to new levels?

Like NorthernHarrier, age kicks in (interferes) with new levels. Around here we play

with silly little goals, e.g., did not miss a day in January, February saw us add three

days a week at the fitness club (we found out it is free). I fixed the bike Saturday.

Now I'll drop something and add a day or two of biking. I just slide the target here

and there around the landscape until I find something feasible... lazy and happy to

be up and out and about.