Trailer Trash

Well, well, weekender, we meet again (Read 16 times)

It's the weekend, trailers!  I hope it finds you well!

I did an easy, flat 13 miles today to test out the hip, and the flexors seem to be happier with a few days of rest.

QOTD: Weekend plans?  Chores around the house and yard, watch some baseball, drink some beer, and celebrate Dad's 86 birthday tomorrow.

MTA: Cypress tree tunnel a little south of town, where I turned around. Kept it flat and easy along the coast.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

NorthernHarrier

Pretty sweet lookin' trail Gatsby.

Yesterday I did some mile intervals on the gently rolling bike path near here while dodging sprinkles so today is a SRD. Tomorrow will be a 12.5 mile trail run and it looks like I'll be dealing with some rain, at least part of the run. Otherwise today there was some weights and rowing and looking out at the lake it is calm and serene so I see a little jaunt around part of the lake via a canoe.

I took my name off the Never Summer 60k waitlist deciding instead that while I'll still do the Standhope 30k in Idaho the weekender prior I'll just go from that into a week long backpack in the Beartooth mountains in Mt. That way I don't have to stress over a training plan. I think I'm getting to old to be looking at some of this stuff these days.

QOTD--Well I split up a bunch of kindling for next winter and I put in one of my piers along with a few other small chores so far today. It's good work. Very enjoyable. A little longer run tomorrow and just relaxing around here. I'm sure I'll be dealing with wood a little. That's kind of a constant around here. 

Sandy-2

Did 20 miles this morning. My quick jump back on the horse to get some mileage in before the 50 mi continues.  It was a tale of two runs this morning. In the beginning at 5:30 it was a mug-fest warm in the mid-70s and really thick 100% humidity, it was rough and I was soaked down to my shoes. Then at mile 11 it was manic, wind shifted out of the north, blowing at about 20 mph and the temp dropped 10 deg (I checked the act temp plot for our area). Plus the humidity dropped noticeably. It was like my legs and lungs were rejuvenated.  Oddly no rain, but it looked like it was going too. Although I was already kinda spent the last few miles were ok.

Great photo Gatsby!!

qotd: just hanging out today. Put out some stakes and string to plan out the size of a back patio that we are planning.  We’re looking into doing pavers. Still a work in progress.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

My two day trip turned into the Bob Marshall turned into a one day trip.  We were looking at a small notch in a range that we thought we could use as a shortcut.  It was an arduous route off trail to where this saddle was, turns out we would have been better giving up some elevation and then climbing again-live and learn.  When we got to the cirque in question I could tell it was a no go, especially with no crampons and no ice axe.  We had already negotiated several rather icy slopes, but this one would likely be a life ender if you slipped.  Almost the entire notch had hanging cornices as well.

17 miles and right at 4000' for effort (about half on snowshoes).

Got a nice recovery hike in with DW and Tiny E this afternoon.

qotw: not too much, looking forward to ribs tonight w/ homemade potato salad, dirty rice and Cole slaw 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Got in 4 easy miles with the group yesterday. Ended up several times running into folks and had to stop and chat so my pace was extra slow. . Today, Chowder and I headed to the track but he was a PIA, trying to stop and eat grass, etc. so we took the longer way home. It's really humid and moving quickly to the 70s. We're getting set up for some strong storms later.

qotd: Gardening. Supposedly cleaning the basement. Living on the edge., clearly

Sandy-2

Did the 2nd half of my b2b 20s this morning. Nice and cool in the low 50s at my 5:30 start. Today’s 20 was 20 minutes faster than yesterday’s. It also helped that today I ran the Greanway hike/bike along the creek instead of the local town greenbelts I ran on yesterday.

DW and I are going to the gym later, all I’ll do is some stretching light core stuff and then soak in hot and cool water.

Nice photos mt, fully agree with your decision to err on the side of safety!!!!

tbd.

Nice photos!  That cypress tunnel is very cool.

Yesterday it was 8 miles on the Headwaters trail, and they honestly couldn't have gone better.  Today I got some yard work done, mostly cleaning crap and dead plants out of pots so I can figure what I'm gonna kill this year.

Plus lots of transcription. I'm very happy I have the work because the extra $$ really helps, but man - it's been none stop since January.

QOTD:  See above. 

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

18 miles today, including some hills.  Beautiful day here, which brings the tourists out with a vengeance.  More mountain bikers and hikers in the hills than normal.  

Warden, wow, beautiful!  But good idea to pass on the risky route.

Sandy, nice B2B 20s!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR