Trailer Trash

How about a Monday? (Read 38 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

jonferg, I find that most of the trails in my area have become nearly "unrunable", with half-mile long glazed ice stretches, slippery snow, heavy snow, and foot-deep, large footprints along a 10-inch wide, 12-inch deep groove in the snow, which used to be the trail. It's more like hip-hop dancing uphill for miles. But still a great core workout, and good training for the quads.

My 7 miles today were just torture in that sense, even though some of the downhill was fun.

Sandy: The Penn State University has a huge fitness studio, right next to the main road. In the evening, when I drive DS to his guitar lesson, I see hundreds of people on treadmills, ellipticals and bike trainers, looking out the glass front. They look like laboratory rats.

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Checking in to say I'm alive and didn't die on the operating table! Thanks for thinking about me, Trailers! 

Running is dumb.

Watoni

Checking in to say I'm alive and didn't die on the operating table! Thanks for thinking about me, Trailers! 

Yeah! Heal quickly!

LB2

I hope you are back on the trails soon. Take care.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Yay, Mandy! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in 2 miles on Saturday morning.  Baby steps.  Knees not feeling bad.  Maybe I will do this again ...soon.

Mandy- Yay! Now start counting the days of recovery!

QOTD: "Whatever you do, don't wipe using the shiny red/green leaves."

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Gator eye

The roads and area's I have been running are so slick from hard ice that  have been using trekking poles to keep balance. I still slip and slide a little but at least (so far) I can stay on my feet.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Right on! Alive is a good start.

Sandy-2

Thanks for the update.  I think more than a few of us were sending good vibes your way.  Get well soon.

tbd.

Occasional Runner

I'm sure everybody else has also considered this, but if Mandy becomes incapacitated from a staff infection, we're going to be without a forum moderator and that can only lead to trouble.

Yay Mandy! Glad you're doing well.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm sure everybody else has also considered this, but if Mandy becomes incapacitated from a staff infection, we're going to be without a forum moderator and that can only lead to trouble.

Somehow I don't think this place would fall apart without me!

Thanks for the support! I will try and give more details soon.

Running is dumb.