Trailer Trash

Replacement for Garmin 310XT (Read 26 times)

I may have to replace my Garmin 310XT soon as it keeps screwing up on me and I have to constantly reset it.  Any recommendations?  I miss my 305, which was a workhorse.  The 310xt has proved to be a serious disappointment as I've only had it a little over 2 years.  And let's just say it wasn't inexpensive!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

AT-runner

Tim

I went from the 305 to the 910XT.  Never had the 310, and heard it had a lot of issues.

The 910 has worked well for me and I've used it for a few 24hr races, where it made it all 24 hours once and 23+ hours the other 2 times.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

I have the 310xt, and for the most part, it's been OK.  Although, that combination with Garmin Express has eaten two of my runs with no hope of recovery.  One was a Grand Canyon R3 2 years ago, which I was pretty disappointed not to see in Garmin Connect.  The other was a race just this past weekend.  And the connection to Garmin Express via the little dongle is annoying at best, only works about 1/2 the time.  I'm looking to upgrade, probably go with the 235 this time.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Thanks for the info, guys.  The 310 has been a PITA for downloading from Day 1, and now with this issue, I'm ready to throw in the towel - albeit a dang expensive towel.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

I have the 310xt, and for the most part, it's been OK.  Although, that combination with Garmin Express has eaten two of my runs with no hope of recovery.  One was a Grand Canyon R3 2 years ago, which I was pretty disappointed not to see in Garmin Connect.  The other was a race just this past weekend.  And the connection to Garmin Express via the little dongle is annoying at best, only works about 1/2 the time.  I'm looking to upgrade, probably go with the 235 this time.

A couple of questions.

1) Did the Garmin hold a charge for that long?

2) Did it hold its signal?

My 305 only lasts about 8-9 hours on a charge and I damned sure can't do an R3 that quickly.  It also starts losing its signal in the Inner Gorge so I never took mine.  I just wore a cheap-o $6 Casio to keep track of time.

You people have issues 

Fsocks, Garmin held the charge for about 18 hours, then died.  It took us around 22 to do the R3 because my other two running partners got sick.  And yes, we lost the signal a few times down in the bottom, and going up the north side.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Fsocks, Garmin held the charge for about 18 hours, then died.  It took us around 22 to do the R3 because my other two running partners got sick.  And yes, we lost the signal a few times down in the bottom, and going up the north side.

Well you'll just have to do R3 again some day. 

You people have issues 

Keep Going

I may have to replace my Garmin 310XT soon as it keeps screwing up on me and I have to constantly reset it.  Any recommendations?  I miss my 305, which was a workhorse.  The 310xt has proved to be a serious disappointment as I've only had it a little over 2 years.  And let's just say it wasn't inexpensive!

I just finally ditched Garmin. I also have a 310XT and it just randomly shut off during a hard trail 50k a week ago and I was so mad! I looked down and blank screen! I could not believe it died. Luckily I didn't lose the data. It also has taken up to an hour and half to upload a simple 4 mile run around my neighborhood. I constantly switch between Ant Agent and Garmin Express for uploads and it's such a PITA! I simply said I'm done.

Purchased a Suunto Ambit3 Peak Nepal Edition and seriously it's an incredible watch! yea it cost $400 but it will last for a 100 miler and it finds GPS instantly and tracks the route beautifully. You can also charge on the run if need be. I can upload via Bluetooth and no more screwing around with the stupid ant stick.. I'm so glad I got it! I track my runs on Strava so I don't care that I'm not tracking on Garmin's website anymore. I'm so over Garmin!

100 milers are my favorite