Trailer Trash

Fridaily- weekender too? (Read 12 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Better late than never 

Waiting to see if the rain is going to stop (we need the rain, so no complaints!) to hit the trails.  Nice 6 mile (1500') hike yesterday, soreness is pretty much gone- toenail situation looks like I'll be two down 

qotd weekend plans?  nothing too big here- some yard work, get a few miles in- calling for more rain, so we'll see

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

About 40 min of core/ST this a.m.  Sam's demeanor was much brighter and he ate a little bit of a different canned cat food that I went and bought at 5:00 a.m., so we decided to forego the trauma of a vet visit.  Fingers crossed he keeps eating.  We have some sardines that I might try, if I get desperate.  If it was one of the other 2 cats, the vet visit wouldn't be so bad, but with Sam . . . I need drugs to get me through it.

QOTD: A little more yard work, but not as exhausting as last week.  An old lower back injury has popped up, so I need to get into my MAT guy to get it dealt with.  Every once in awhile I'll make a move that just about has me wee-ing my pants.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Spent the day going through work stuff that piled up while I was gone.   Running rest day. 

QOTD: volunteering at a trail race tomorrow, then usual weekend chores (laundry, yard work, yada yada).

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

Made it to the run site.  We’re in the middle of nowhere, but the views are really nice. This it part of the trek that goes right by our yurt.

qotd: Devan and I are running tomorrow and then I’ll crew for her when she rides on Sunday.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ Beautiful! Good luck and have fun

4 miles (500') half in the rain, half out with my wife and Tiny Elvis- this moisture we've been getting the last couple of days has been a godsend!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Great pics!!

5 EZ miles in the a.m., then scrubbed the shower, then yard work.  Once The Hub got home from working and we both got cleaned up, we went and saw the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie.  Loved it!  Some guy, though, came in with enough after shave on for 10 people.  My eyes and nose are still burning. 

Tomorrow, The Hub is going to a baseball game.  I, on the other hand, am going to stay home and be home all by myself!!!! It'll be wonderful. 

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hey...

so after my big 16 miler  and laying pavers for a few days my knee hurt.  Well it has been niggling for awhile I decided to stop running.  Still walking Jack.  So thinking I need to start back up but not looking forward to it.  The ex is here and we are doing jobs around the house....a walkway to front door....he moved on to a small wall in back and is now working on a fire pit.  So that's weekend plans.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Our runs this weekend went great.  DD ended up dropping to the 50k and finished strong and having fun.  Unfortunately her ride for Sunday fell thru so we ended up volunteering.  I ended up finishing the 50 mile in 14:50, came in 5th place overall (and DFL)!!!! 

With the consulting help we gave the RD ahead of time and the volunteering we did on Fri and today they wouldn’t let us pay for any entries, food, etc.

Report to follow.

tbd.

Good job to you and your DD, Sandy.  And RDs know how to take care of good volunteers.

The Hub and I were on the job at 8:00 a.m. sharp, we tandem mowed 2 places, he string trimmed 'cause I suck at that, I raked the back yard of one, and while he was blowing everything clear, I headed home and finished up the sourdough pancake batter and had blueberry pancakes in the works when he got home.  He then left for the baseball game, I stayed home, got in 20 min of yoga, worked on laundry, went grocery shopping, got my car washed (I was too tired from the weekend's activities to do it myself), and was still working on putting the groceries away when he got home.  So much for having a day to myself!  Oh well . . .

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance