Trailer Trash

who is ready for retirement Mondaily? (Read 18 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Mtwarden, didn’t you already retire once?

only once   it's a decent pension and if I tightened the belt could probably swing it, but two years and two months (but hey- whose counting ) I'll be able to tap SS and not have to tighten the belt any

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

AT -  Any Idea What  the trails are like over at Strawberry Hill Nature Preserve?  They have a 5-10-15k in November that I might do if DW wants to.

Yes, hilly but a very nice course. Might be there volunteering since DD#2 is playing music before and after the race.  DW is running the 15k version.  I'm afraid if I run, I'll try to race and that's not a good thing since I think I've turned the corner on this knee injury. I may end up running with DW, or I may behave myself and just help out.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I am ready but prolly never going to be able to retire.  I see myself working until 80. 

No run yet today.  Not sure what I will run later.

I will probably bail here after another 10 years or so. But I will probably always do something. I can only hunt and run so much. Of course, my parents are both retired and work more now than they did when they were actually working. They sell real estate together, and are doing pretty well with it.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I can only hunt and run so much.

blasphemy! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

I can only hunt and run so much.

Uh, you have some serious issues sir , The psychologist will be down to see you in a few minutes  .

You could always add a bike into the mix. Do a bike tour/hunting trip up in Montana and Wyoming.

AT - DW and I discussed the race this morning. About a 50-50 chance that we will do it. I'll probably wait until the last minute to sign up in case the weather is nasty.