Trailer Trash

Thorough Thursday (Read 13 times)

LB2

Still waiting on the horsefly situation to improve. It is getting progressively better. I had another good workout after a rest day yesterday. I am really enjoying the resistance training. I suspect I will end up with a 3 day lift and 3 day run thing going on starting in July. I think it is good to mix it up.

QOTD: Has inflation made you cut back on anything?

This question comes from the fact that I just got a call from the bank to tell me my mortgage payment is going up in August due to insurance costs rising, so I am thinking about what I spend money on regularly. It isn't much of an increase, but it still makes me think. I don't buy running gear as much as I used to. Of course, I don't run as much as I used to, either. At the same time, I have gone to shooting shotgun shells that are $10 a piece, so I haven't really determined if there is a shift in my focus or if inflation has made me more mindful of how I spend money. I'll stock up on those shells over the next few months.

LB2

Nothing so far.  The Hub left at butt-crack early to head north for a few days, and I just couldn't help myself - I slept in and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I brought my running gear with thoughts of running at lunch.  I won't be able to get in the full 5 miles, but it'll be better than nothing.

When I say "butt-crack early" I mean butt-crack early.  The cats woke me up at 12:45.  Okay, Old Fat Chico woke me up.  The older he gets, the worse he gets.  Anyway, I got up to feed them and suddenly The Hub is up.

Me: What're you doing?

Him: I'm getting up?

Me: What??

Him: What?

Me: You're crazy.

Him: Why?

And those were our last words to each other.  Hopefully, he doesn't die in a wreck or something.

QOTD: Not really.  We don't do or buy a whole lot anyway.  More than inflation, gas prices have curtailed our activities.  We've been over $5.00/gal for a long time and at this point, I don't expect it to ever go below that. 

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: The only things I be lately are related to dialysis and I can write those off, and gas to get to/from work. Our property taxes went up to $1500.  Keep in mind we live way in the country and there's not much those taxes support.  The K-12 school really should incorporate with the bigger on next town over.  We have a population of 320 people so really.

NorthernHarrier

Almost noon and it's 46F with a pretty good north wind. That at least keeps the skeeters at bay for a today. Ran 6 trail miles this morning and yesterday was 5.5 on the bike path along with weights and a nice mt. bikng session in the evening. I plan to mt. bike again tonight.

Forgot to mention I saw a wolfie the other day. Big, beautiful, but just so menacing looking. Far enough away so no real concerns but they still give me the woolies.

QOTD--Every time we checkout at the grocery store I freak out a little but it is what it is. Haven't changed a thing. Just complain more. 

runtraildc

I think I'm going to row later.

qotd: We're fairly fugal to begin with, but the county (where we have very high taxes to bein with) just voted to increase real estate taxes so expecting a big jump on our next assessment. This is so they can get around the annual increase caps. .  Yes, we are cutting back-- for example, I'm driving to MN in a few weeks, DH is flying in on miles and we don't have to rent a car or board Chowder. But at the same time, we are in the market for a new car as our 2006 subaru might not pass inspection. I'm thinking car dealerships are one of the rings of hell missed by Dante.

LB2

I think I'm going to row later.

qotd: We're fairly fugal to begin with, but the county (where we have very high taxes to bein with) just voted to increase real estate taxes so expecting a big jump on our next assessment. This is so they can get around the annual increase caps. .  Yes, we are cutting back-- for example, I'm driving to MN in a few weeks, DH is flying in on miles and we don't have to rent a car or board Chowder. But at the same time, we are in the market for a new car as our 2006 subaru might not pass inspection. I'm thinking car dealerships are one of the rings of hell missed by Dante.

Dante's "Inferno" is possibly my favorite.

LB2

XtremeTaper

More but well needed rain yesterday. No run, but did go out for a 2 mile walk with Baker and the missus after work. The rain had stopped but some squalls led to a nice rainbow in the distance. Cool again today for June. It looks like I will be able to keep the AC off for several more days at least. I've ran it 3 times this season. Crazy. Plan a running day today. Something easy. Maybe go over to Warwick Park and run some flattish trails. Nothing more than 3-4 miles.

QOTD: Nothing has really changed with our lifestyles except for the price of weekly groceries. It seems everything you buy is at least 5 bucks except for some canned goods. There is a brand of oatmeal that I prefer, Quaker 5 minute steel cut oats... used to be $3 something and now it's over $7. I get quite a few breakfasts out of it but still.

Runtrail - Ugh on the car. We always buy certified new now, but last time the guy kept asking me how much I wanted to spend (a month) instead of how much I wanted to pay for the car. I kept pulling up nearby dealer's inventory on my phone each time he got up to do the "talk to his manager bit". We eventually settled on a price after 4 or 5 go rounds. I believe he sort of pissed off at me. Ha.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6 miles (1200’ ) with a 35# pack; Tiny Elvis tagging along. 

qotd: nothing changed too much for us; we’re well aware of it every time we shop- but hasn’t changed anything (yet anyways).

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

I did wat I promised myself I do and got in 4 miles at lunch - in sunshine!!!! Of course, there's wind, but hey, beggars can't be choosers at this point.

The Dante and buying cars comment is pretty dang funny.   At some point in the near future we'd like to get a newer Subaru Outback and have it paid for before I retire, and that'd be it on new cars, barring any incidents. The thought of it all practically gives me hives.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sandy-2

I am here, just taking a few days off.  The knee is feeling good so I plan to walk 3 or 4 slow/easy miles in the park tomorrow, but I don't want to rush back and re-injure it.

DD is up near Bend, OR doing a 3-day ride to help prepare some folks for the Mongol Derby.  They have a network of past riders and one of them called her up.  She's having a ball and sending me lots of photos - looks great. She's also going to do a 50 mile race up near Ashland on Saturday and then she'll fly back.

qotd:  We do see the higher totals on our grocery bills, but we don't spend a lot on much anyway so we're not having to cut back.

tbd.

Ran 8 easy miles in SF after work. Actually went into the office today (to meet up with work friends for coffee).   Really a ghost town in downtown SF. 

QOTD: the hubs and I don’t go out to eat/drink as often as we used to.  Too expensive!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR