Trailer Trash

Thursday (Read 11 times)

runtraildc

Missed a run last night as the front was moving in- heavy rain, then high winds. Chowder wouldn’t leave the steps. Did yoga last night and then got up early and got out for 4 at sunrise

qotd- any good streaming or reading? Watching the morning show on apple+. Reading The Astors by Anderson Cooper. It’s pretty interesting

XtremeTaper

Similar weather here. Front came through here last night and flickered power a few times. Now it's sunny, but chilly with cold gusty winds. Must be almost March. Makes me remember my marathon training days.. the cold gusty winds of March always felt miserable as one was expecting milder weather. I complained about them often.

I think weights and a gym day today. I will either spin for 30 minutes or do a treadmill 5k. Haha. What a hobby jogger I am.

QOTD. Reading book one of the Dune Caladan Trilogy. I've actually read book2 already but it's a different but linked story. It's a prequel to Dune. I've read them all, prequels and what not. Quite a few of them. Frank Herbert's son Brian actually writes more readable stories IMHO. Streaming Star Trek, Strange New Worlds on Paramount. It sort of went off the rails, the last episode, but only a few more to go before we are done with the 2 seasons that are out. It's sort of fun. it's a prequel to the original show. Spok, Uhoro, and even a younger Kirk is in the show but he is not the captain of Enterprise (yet?). After that we will start on the most recent incarnation of True Detective.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

5 predawn miles.  I overdressed as it was warmer than I thought it was going to be.  Thankfully, I missed the rain, but the headwinds - bleck!  I was home maybe 30 minutes when the rain hit and it's here to stay through sometime next week.  This weather is not helping The Hub's overall mental well-being.

QOTD: I'm currently reading "The Places In Between" by Rory Stewart, who walked across Afghanistan in 2002.  I'm not far into it and it's kinda slow in places, but so far I like it.

We don't stream anything, but I've recorded the first 2 episodes of the new limited series "Shogun".

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: I haven't had the patience to sit and read a book and have been busy moving/unpacking and putting stuff away to really watch anything. Now that the TV is here for mindless entertainment I turn on Bob's Burgers while I read email/face book posts. My attention span right now is non existent thanks to all the surgery I've had.

Love Bob's Burgers! 

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dhuffman63

Trails

I started not liking them but now it's like an addiction.