Trailer Trash

Super Weekender (Read 16 times)

Sandy-2

Finished in 11:33, I’m ok with that!!

I didn’t know running was a contact sport. I made contact with lots of roots, the ground and some trees.

qotd: So who ya rooting for on Sunday.

Broncos.

tbd.

qotd: So who ya rooting for on Sunday.

Broncos.

What race did you run, Sandy?  Glad the "contact" didn't cause any permanent damage.

6.4 miles in the Arcata Community Forest this morning.  Came across the lady who ran my FA 50k with me and we chatted for a few minutes.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get up to her speed (or as close to it as I could every possible get) and we can run together again.  She told me about a local women's hiking group that has a page on FB and I joined it.  Sounds like a lot of fun.  There are chapters all over.  The local is "Hikerbabes Community: Humboldt, California Chapter."  There's a chapter in Portland, OR, so I told my BFF about it.

QOTD: Bengals.  They're due.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

13.5 miles at Lake Sonoma with my local Trail Sisters group.  Still some green grass on the hills but It's feeling too hot and dry, for February, mid 70s when I finished at noon.

Sandy, oof, I can relate.  I had some near misses today.

Fatozzig, I hope you enjoy the hiking group.  It's fun to have people to meet up with from time to time, like I did today.

QOTD: Niners?  No?  I'll probably be out working in the yard so it doesn't matter much to me.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runtraildc

8 miles total yesterday. Went out with the group for 5 and then another 3 later in the afternoon while DS was fishing.  Pretty nice day. Now it's about 25 degrees colder with a snow-rain mix. I''ll get out for 3-4  miles, then some strengthwork.

Sandy- Congrats on the race. Hope there's nothing hurt or bruised, other than ego, with all the contact work.

qotd: Not a football fan and only can tell who is playing by these responses. I hope all the fans have a great game! Good luck

NorthernHarrier

Woke up to rain and 60F here. Rain may stick around for awhile. Not so bad as it's -22F right now at my cabin.  Just did a beach joggy thing yesterday of 4.5 miles and at some point this morning rain or not I'll head out on the nearby trail for 5.75.

Good job Sandy!

runtrail-for your Minnesota reference it was -35 at International Falls this morning. Back in another life DW and I ran the Freeze your Gizzard 10k there one year. At race time it was about 5 below.

QOTD--As long as Brady isn't playing it will be worth watching.   No dog in the fight so don't care and since I have to stream it here I may opt not to watch.

Forgot to mention-

Queen--What did you think of the Eben ice cave? I visited it maybe 15 years ago. Maybe some winter the ice caves of the Apostle islands will safely open and then that's a life list must see.

Sandy-2

Thanks everyone.

fatozzig, I did the Rocky Raccoon 50 mile in the Huntsville State Park. It’s a flat and fast trail that has a history of fast times, the record for the 100 mile is 12:44:33 by Ian Sharman. It also has lots of roots though.

I feel like I was hit by a truck!!!  Run related stuff feels fine, not too much soreness and I can walk around and go up and down stair ok. Better than usual after a 50 miler. But the after effects from hitting stuff is pretty bad.

I had about 5 major root kicks, went down 3 times and saved it twice.  2 of the falls were fine rolled and no issues. One of the ‘saves’ was sopped by my grabbing a tree, but it was a ‘hard stop’ were I jammed my middle finger and got a cut in the skin between the jammed finger and my pointer. It was bleeding like crazy, my handheld bottle was soaked, it was dripping.  But I applied pressure to the cut with my shirt tail and it stopped a little later. Today the jammed finger is really swollen and bruised. 

But the big hit was near the end of lap two. I tripped on a root and went down like a ton of bricks and landed on another huge root right on my left side. I have deep bruised ribs. I can breath fine but if I move in the wrong way or blow my nose it’s really really painful. Sneezing or coughing would be killer. I also somehow hit my mouth and I really thought I was going to feel a lost or chipped tooth, but it was fine an it’s totally ok today.

Obviously I kept going afterwards and was able to finish the race. It was ok when I was walking, but when I started up running again it would hurt for the first 10 to 15 steps, but then it would settle down so I could keep running. I did the last 17 miles that way and it wasn’t bad.  But last night and today it is rough.

I do think I’ll live.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sandy- nicely done Sir! 

6 miles and ~ 2000' with DW and Tiny Elvis.  My youngest DD flew back to Chicago early this morning, will miss having her around!

qotd:  Bills  Bengals

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Darn almost. . .

By the way I don’t know why I wrote Broncs instead of the Bengals yesterday. A little woozy after all the contact running. 

tbd.

Dang, Sandy!

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance