Trailer Trash

Finally warming up Fridaily! (Read 14 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!

We're finally warming up and should be in the upper 30's; it will feel like 60's 

Got 5 chilly miles snowshoeing yesterday with TE; probably going to break the skis out today

qotd: weekend plans?  I was supposed to go for a 3 day backcountry ski trip with a buddy, but he owns a construction business and work got in the way, so maybe next weekend.  I think DW will get a day of skiing in somewhere over the weekend, but going to watch the Montana Bobcats play for a Championship tomorrow first 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

First snow of the season for us. Shoveling is done. It was pretty much a non-workout being only 3 inches or so. I did help the older neighbors across the street as well.

5 miles last night out at the lake with Baker. A bit on the slow side, but I will blame it on slick trails plus the fact that I forgot my watch so mentally I had no time to chase. I tend to spot check times on my regular routes. Quiet out there, sort of cold but not overly so. I did get a chill looking at all the geese and ducks floating in the icy waters. Wonder if we will have a lake freeze this year?

Not sure of run plans today. Maybe a day off or a few miles on the local trail. I was up early for a walk with the dogs in the dark on a snow covered roads. A few cars had made a paths for us at least.

QOTD: On-call this weekend and just back from trip south so laying low around the homestead. Get Baker out for some runs, and chill watching some of the NFL games, etc.

Decided against having coffee on the deck this morning!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Rest day for me.  It's been raining off and on since last night, so The Hub hit the beach bright and early this a.m. hunting for agates and rocks for our tumbler (he can't work when it rains).

I found a video last night with stretching exercises for my PF.  Hopefully, I can get a head start since I doubt I'll be able to get into PT for at least 2 weeks (unless they have pity on me).  I have a new primary as of last year and have had only one telephone "checkup" since then.  When I requested a referral to PT, I was told she had to see me first, so thankfully I go in Monday.  I'll be asking if in the future, now that we've met, can I just call in and request a referral, which is what I did with my last primary.  We'll see.

QOTD: I have 10 on tap for tomorrow and 3 on Sunday.  Hopefully, my hammy and PF don't go into overdrive.  Other than, just some yard work if it's not raining.  I need to trim my hydrangea bushes.  I refused to let The Hub do it (even though he does grounds maintenance for a living) because he always whacks them to the ground, and then the next year I have a big, beautiful green hydrangea bush with no flowers. 

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

runtraildc

Still no running, but getting in lots of walking. I'm over covid, but the household has had lots going on. Stressful week and running would have helped. However, lots of new snow (and ice).

DS sent me this picture last night. The view from his tent. He's south of Tucson on his first trail project. Other than the herd of cows passing his tent in the middle of the night, I think he's doing well.

qotd: Not much. Run about 6 tomorrow, Sunday TBD as heavy rain is moving in. I need to start some interior house painting, so the weekend will include cleaning and packing. Maybe some donations to the thrift store. Exciting times!

Sandy-2

I got stuck with work yesterday so I couldn’t run. So I ran today instead my planned SRD, I did 5.  

Nice photos everyone.

qotd: we’re supposed to have a weekend full of rain so we’ll just hang out and watch football.  I also have a rainy 20 / 10 planned for this weekend.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 4 Mile's yesterday and again today.  It was hard yesterday like running in a Sandy beach.  Thought today would be better because a snow mobile had gone done the trail....nope still slippery.   So even though I was planning on increase distances it appears to be decreasing but still lots of effort.  

qotd Thursday:  I have seen nothing

qotd today:  throwing a family party at Mom's as my brother is in town from Florida.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄