Trailer Trash

middle of the weekdaily (Read 14 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!

Got a nice nice 5 miles in yesterday with Tiny Elvis; going to get something in a little longer today

qotd: new movies, series, books?

We watched a good movie- Tender Bar, a memoir (true) of a young kid growing up in Long Island in the 70's and 80's- has Ben Affleck in it as his crazy uncle.

Just received the Comfort Crisis should be of particular interest to ultra runners (and other adventurous types)- basically breaking out of your comfort zone and exploring the wild within you.  I'll let you know on that one.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Got my butt outta bed this morning and did 10 miles.  A really nice run, clear, low humidity and in the low 40s. When I was coming back over the lake causeway the sky to the east was just starting to turn orange - just a low band of orange on the horizon.

We watched a good movie- Tender Bar, a memoir (true) of a young kid growing up in Long Island in the 70's and 80's- has Ben Affleck in it as his crazy uncle.

mt - ha, maybe I knew that guy.  Actually I looked at the trailer and it looks like it is set in Nassau County, a bit closer to NYC and a bit 'rougher' then where I grew up.  I was way out in Suffolk County where it was much quieter. Anyway, I'll suggest to the DW that we watch it - thanks.

qotd: nothing lately. Although we are watching Law&Order / Organized Crimes (meh it's ok), we watch a day or so after on-demand so we skip all the commercials.

tbd.

Welcome to Wednesday, Friends -

Work yesterday was a bit of a cluster.  We're so dang dependent on the network, internet, etc.  The network was futzy all morning, by noon it was down, and by 1:30 the network, internet, and phones were all down.  At 3:15, I told my boss I was going home.  There wasn't anything to do.

However, yesterday morning, I got in 4 uninspired predawn miles, which caused my left hammy to have issues the rest of the day.  Not bad, but they're there and that's a problem.  I have an appt. with my MAT therapist tomorrow and I'm still trying to get into my PT.  Left another message yesterday asking if they'd received my referral yet.

This morning, it was an hour of core/ST/PT.  There's a really good FB page for high hamstring tendinopathy and I went back and found some PT exercise videos that I started doing last evening.

Tues QOTD:  I'm rooting for the underdogs.

Today's QOTD: Nuthin'.  But after so many people saying the really liked "The Tender Bar," I watched the trailer and now we need to watch it.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

runtraildc

Had to run before I could post. Chowder and I got in 4.5 miles of wogging in Rock Creek. Ankle was good, but definitely still healing. On the trail on the back ridge, it was frozen, uneven ground, couple of water crossings (I could keep my footsies dry, C not so lucky) and then the other side of the ridge is in the sun, so that was semi-thawed in that slippery mud on ice kind of way. I was slow and steady with the goal to stay upright and uninjured.

qotd: Still bingeing 'Kim's Convenience'. Now I have to look up Tender Bar and perhaps put it on the weekend watching with DH.

LB2

I went for a walk with the dog. This Covid thing just keeps on giving. I felt like I had recovered really well. I was feeling very good until yesterday. I started noticing a bit of a "brain fog" that I couldn't quite shake. I drank tons of water yesterday but awoke around 4AM feeling very dehydrated. Brain fog was back most of the day but seemed to get better around 11AM. Now, I am tired.

QOTD: I tried to watch Dexter 2 last night. They had one free episode. I figured I would watch it, and then decide whether or not to buy the season. I just wasn't feeling it. I watched the first episode, and I don't have any interest in watching any more of them. I did finish the first half of Ozark, Season 4.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Still many icy patches up on my local trail. Baker and I did 4 last night, probably half of it clear trail and the other packed snow (which is ok) and ice. Plodded about as usual. I might just run him a few leashed miles on the road later today.

Ugh. Sister calls me today. Her and my niece were heading down to FL to visit my parents and my dad calls her to tell them my mom has a cold. The alarm went off in my head when I picked up the phone as my sister and I usually just text or chat on the phone in the evening. So she finds out they were at the Elks for a dinner dance the other night, even though I've been telling my dad to lay low until this surge winds down. She has not been tested yet, in fact probably didn't even think about it until my sister talked to then, but of course I'm worried for both of them (they are in their 80's). At least they are both vaxed and boosted.

QOTD: We saw new James Bond over the holidays, Dune, and Matrix. Matrix wasn't that goof IMHO. Started on the last season of Ozark and am 3 epiodes in.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Wasn't felling it yesterday so walked an hour.  Today was our 2 out 2 back run.   Running in this snow seems to be the same as running on sand.  

qotd:  ozark.  My sister and I try to go to the movie theater once a week....I don't get it...there is rarely anything good playing.  We see adds for good movies but they never come to the theater or come for a couple days and leave....then there's the Gucci movie that has been ovation g at the movies for almost 3 months.  

so where do you go to watch Tender Bar?  

XT:  My sister and I were sick ...I continued taking care of my Mom, she's vacs and boost and she never got anything.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

so where do you go to watch Tender Bar?  

it's on Amazon Prime now

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: I'd like to see Dune and the new Bond but won't step foot in a theatre until the case count comes down.  DH doesn't want to watch them at home so they are on hold for now and will probably leave the theatre before we can see them.  If I wasn't high risk I might go but people around here are less than 60% vaccinated and throw fits when asked to wear a mask.