Trailer Trash

Tis the Tuesdaily (Read 19 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

All I have to say is THANKS A LOT GUYS!!!!! Between LB2 and his qotd yesterday and DC posting discounts for runningwarehouse, I went out and bought a new pair of hokas.  I picked up another pair of the Hoka Challenger 2.  They are currently on sale as version 3 is out.  I love this shoe for both road and trail.  I cannot say that about too many shoes.  And using DC's discount code I got 15% off.  $67 for these.   Now to explain to DW about why I needed another pair of shoes. 

Anyways, ran a little under 3 last night.  Probably another 3ish tonight.

We have our basement flooring being delivered today.  It took a while to get but I am happy with what we ended up going with.  We bought a loose lay vinyl plank tile.  It will be super simple to install and looks great.  I should have it done by the end of the weekend.

QOTD: Taxes done yet? Do you usually owe or get a refund? What do you do with the refund usually?

I usually have ours done and spent by now but for some reason I have not.  I knew we had a large medical bill coming in for DD's ER visit in November so I wanted to wait so I can deduct that.  It's a $900+ bill for a 30 min visit to glue her eyelid after she cut it open. Oh well.  But we usually get a ice refund - one of the perks of having multiple kids.  And I really do not know what we will spend it on.  Most years I do. So might be nice just to put it in savings and let it sit.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Looks like a weather washout for me today. I may run twice tomorrow. I actually told my wife that I was going to hold off on ordering another pair of shoes. I keep looking hard at those Speedgoats, though.I'll probably hold off. I just got those Stinsons, and I can probably run on those new Olympus all the way through the summer and run Pinhoti in the Stinsons. But I think I may get a pair of Lone Peaks to run that race and keep the Stinsons as a back up in case I have to change shoes. Frankly, I am praying that my most difficult decision of the year is shoe choice for Pinhoti. That would be nice.

QOTD: Usually get a refund. I got a good one this year. I bought tires, shoes, gravel, and I have about 700 sitting around to pay for a cabin in the mountains this fall. I'll save the rest of my night class check to go with that. But I do owe the state 250 or so in May. So, I have to pay that. We were blessed this year for sure.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Heavy rain is just stopping, so I'm heading to the woods for an out and back on the AT.  Probably run in light drizzle but I don't mind as long as it stays light.

Sue, sorry, I forgot you were the only Queen we can talk about around here.

QOTD:  Sent off my tax stuff yesterday to accountant.  If you have your own business, you pay every year plus your quarterly deposit is due on April 15th as well, so that's a shitty day!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Not sure of run today. I was thinking road run at lunch but nah who am I kidding. The Lady will want her run. So maybe for easy surface we will with the SRT (Schuylkill river trail) outside of town. It's soft cinder path at least. Last night was 7 miles on the easy side of the lake. Some slippery mud in place, but no too bad. Felt pretty decent and pushed the tempo needle just slightly the last 2 miles.

QOTD: Nope, taxes are no done or started yet. I have put most all the paperwork in a file for when I am ready. We typically get money back from Fed, pay the state a small amount. I am overly conservative with my deductions as some times we take a hit on some funds my wife is in and I don't like to owe the Feds.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

looks like we have a bit more winter coming; no single digit crap, but more snow on the way- snow we'll take, cold can go to hell  

hoping to get 5-ish in after work

qotd: not yet; the last two years we had H&R do our taxes which were really straight forward, but were charging close to $300, so will do them myself (maybe this weekend), we usually get a semi decent return 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

also set aside a little of that return money for our September get together!

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Early morning run today, it was really nice. Great conditions and cool sky at sunrise.  Did a 3-park run hitting St. James, Green and Hyde parks, total of 5 miles.  Lots of swans, ducks and geese taking off, flying, honking and landing.  Quite the racket near the ponds!

I did run by QoE's house and said "hi" to her for AT. I was going to relate to her that we Trailer Trash have the true QoN, but it was a bit early for the Queen to be up, we all know how those Queens can be!!!

First meeting is over and now onward to my second set of meeting for the week.  Therefore I'm currently on the the train to Paris.

qotd: nope, I haven't forwarded the info to the accounting firm that will be doing them.  As I mentioned that since I have international taxes this year my company pays an accounting firm to do them for me.

tbd.

Daydreamer1

Drove from Texas to the Smoky Mountains. Gonna spend a few days here. Might get in a run or hike tomorrow, nothing today of course.

LB2 - So ya didn't want to run in that torrent???  Afraid of getting washed into the bayou??  Come on man, toughen up .  Actually if it was anything like some of the stuff we drove through I can see why you didn't run in it.

Jamie - I fixed your typo for you.

But we usually get a ice refund - one of the perks of having multiple kids.  And I really do not know what we will spend it on.  Most years I do. So might be nice just to put it in savings and let it sit. Or maybe I'll send it to Daydreamer1 when I get his address .

Have a great day!

QOTD: DS did his before he headed off to Guam. DD did hers and is upset that I didn't double check them so she could submit them. I actually found a mistake on hers but didn't have time to have her fix it yet and DS had a small mistake that the IRS will probably overlook since it results in a tax bill of  39 cents.  Mine I haven't started yet courtesy of the brokerage account that we have some of DW's retirement funds in not sending the proper paperwork through.  I don't think I'll get a refund. I never aim for one. I'd rather owe them a few dollars than give them a interest free loan.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Typical run, 5.3 miles around campus.

qotd: Taxes done, refund expected on Friday. I've always done my own. Any refund is simply dumped into the general fund. Since I prefer not giving the IRS a free loan, I try to plan so that my refund or amount due is less than $100.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

LB2 - So ya didn't want to run in that torrent???  Afraid of getting washed into the bayou??  Come on man, toughen up .  Actually if it was anything like some of the stuff we drove through I can see why you didn't run in it.

Too much lightning here.

LB2