Trailer Trash

Wonderfully Sunny Wednesday (Read 12 times)

Spring may have actually finally decided to show up!  It's stunning today.

6 predawn miles with ladders at the tur around point (1/2/3/2/1 w/2 min recovery in between).  Yesterday, I did a 45+ min core/ST in the morning, rode my bike to work (a little over 3 miles), then did a 7 mile bike ride home.  Now that it looks like the weather is going to cooperate, I hope to ride to work more often.

QOTD: What's the strangest food combination you enjoy or used to enjoy?  Mine was peanut butter, grape jelly, and bologna.  Ate it for years.  You can blame it on my dad. 

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

XtremeTaper

It's sunny now though forecast to rain later.

Seems the right knee niggles are fading as I had a pretty decent 5 miler on Monday out at the lake. Still a lot of blue bells, starting to see a few Dame's rockets but most of them are not in bloom yet. There are some big patches of them out there. Not much working out yesterday. I did jog 2 miles up at the local trail with Baker before mowing the yard. Today I am thinking about a more regular trail run out at the lake as it will be cool with a chance of light rain. Decent conditions for running but not the best for yardwork.

QOTD: Pizza, with pepperoni, pineapple, and green pepper. I have not had that combo in years.

QOTD Monday: Streaming Star Trek Discovery. In season 3 now. It's pretty good but I am more of a Star Trek over Star Wars type. Funny, to start season 3 the lead character popped out of a wormhole into the future and crashed into a dormant volcano caldera that we hiked in Iceland. I recognized it immediately.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Another easy 3 mi run this morning.  Nothing special, just keeping loose.

Today was day 2 of our visits to government service offices, yesterday was Social Security and today was the Motor Vehicles. Gotta tell ya, Social Security was easier.  Both visits involved officially correcting my DW's married name because when she did it 40+ years ago somehow it didn't get updated into their respective computer files.  They even went so far as to say her SS card that she's had for 40+ years (that has her name correctly indicated by the way) was somehow "not correct" - WFT???    Anyway, we think now all the systems will be updated and be the same - we have to wait a few weeks to get the hard copy cards in the mail and check everything online to confirm.

qotd: I can't think of anything too crazy.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles (600') with my wife and Tiny Elvis; valley snow has finally disappeared, but the Elkhorns still look shiny!

Heading out tomorrow for a 5 day snowshoeing trip in the Bob Marshall; I'm thinking I'm in for a little pain and suffering, just hoping not a lot of pain and suffering! 

qotd: I've been rocking peanut butter/honey/bacon either on a bagel or wrapped in a tortilla for backpacking; someone on here (years ag) told me about a "Pittsburger" burger, cheese, bacon, fried egg and the bun smothered in peanut butter.  I was a little apprehensive, but have to say- it's a really good burger- if you're really hungry 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

6.4 miles after work. We had fog in the morning and evening, with sun inbetween. 

QOTD: as a kid, I loved a hard boiled egg mashed up with butter and Saltines.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

dhuffman63

Trails

MT, are you finally snow free?  What does TE think of it.