Trailer Trash

The Wendsdaily (Read 21 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning. Ok, not really all that good. Yesterday while doing some chores I dropped a heavy trashcan on my big toe. It leveraged the nail bed and hurts like he'll. My toe is all lumpy on the bottom side, and getting it into a five finger toe pocket seems unlikely, as does running my race on Saturday. Hopefully it will heal really fast.

I was looking at yesterday's Qotd. Funny, I have applied to work at my LRS. I LOVE THAT PLACE! I have always been treated well, the staff is knowledgable and for me it is an experience I love and I buy there anytime I can. THAT being said, they don't have the emphasis on trail running shoes and equipment I wish they had.

I have real reservations about working for a brick and mortar running store. Few people use them on a regular basis it seems.

Qotd: pass

I hope everyone has a great day.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

That really sucks moonlight.  Hope the toe heals quickly for you.  I remember as a teenager, many years ago, I did something to my big toe and it hurt a lot.  You don't think about those body parts much until something is wrong.

Went for a short run last night and turned into a little tempo run.  Just kinda went with it.  Felt good.

QOTD: Do you have a staple part of your diet that you have due to health reasons? In other words, have you had to change your diet at all to get healthier, because a doc told you to do so, etc.?

I started eating yogurt a few years back to help with digestive issues.  I have stuck with it for a while.  Hard to say if it is truly working but I think it is.  I feel like at some point I may need to make some major changes to my diet.  I have IBS and certain foods really set me off.  The problem is that I have had a difficult time identifying what foods exactly.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Once again, I fought to get out of bed this morning. I was going to run my normal 3.25 mile loop once. I finally got up. Things felt good, so I ran two of them for 6.5 miles. I may fight it again and do 3 loops tomorrow before work. I need to cut a little grass tomorrow evening.

QOTD: Not really. I just can't seem to get enough to eat these days.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Plan for the day is planet of fitness at noon for weights and stretching, then 7-8 trails miles with the Lady after work out by the lake. North or south side? Easy or hard? That is the question. Pretty spiffy 8 miles last night on the hills of Coventry Woods. Nice evening, perfect really with sunshine and temps in the mid to upper 60's. Odd that we had the place to ourselves not that it is ever very crowded. Anyways, put some effort into this one, not too much, just some, and ran the regular loop in 67 minutes and change. Been slogging 72-75 on this as of late. So treated myself and the Lady to a bonus mile for our effort.

QOTD: I eat fairly healthy, not perfect by any means, but a few years ago my cholesterol spiked something fierce. Probably caused by huge bowls of ice cream on a nightly basis. So since I like a snack an hour or so before bed I've replaced the ice cream with vanilla greek yogurt and fresh fruit. Last test I was at 180 TCL. Lowest ever. Probably the only one in my family not on any meds. It really surprises health care providers these days when you mention you are not taking any meds, especially if you are an aging old fart like me.

Moonlight - Ouch on the toe. You need to be extra careful on race week. Haven't you heard about wearing bubblewrap as a safety precaution? I hope the toe is good to go this weekend.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Gator eye

10 this am, we had some nice shorts weather move in so it was a enjoyable journey this morning.

QOTD: I got rid of fast food and sugar. The fast fod I'm ok with but when the milage creeps up the cravings for sugar is unbearable and that stuff is everwhere! Oh well, I try.

runtraildc

Yesterday ended up a rest day, with some yoga to work out a few kinks. I'm not sure what today will bring since family is arriving for a long weekend visit. And they are bringing the 100 lb puppy who is unfortunately to young to run (10 mos). I'm hoping the brittany found his way into the car since that dog will run with me.

qotd: generally, I eat pretty well, though have too much of a taste for baked goods. I've recently started upping my consumption of vegetables significantly and lowered my meat consumption.

LB2

Good morning. Ok, not really all that good. Yesterday while doing some chores I dropped a heavy trashcan on my big toe. It leveraged the nail bed and hurts like he'll. My toe is all lumpy on the bottom side, and getting it into a five finger toe pocket seems unlikely, as does running my race on Saturday. Hopefully it will heal really fast.

Prior to Rocky Raccoon in 2012, I stubbed my left big tow on a rocking chair at the place where we stayed the night before the race. It was bad. But, it was not an issue the next morning. So, hopefully, you will not have an issue either. You have a few days, and those things usually work themselves out pretty quickly. It may help you to rest a little more these last few days before the race. Good luck.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Low 60°'s and overcast, which is perfect running conditions for me.  Lunchtime 6 planned.

Moon - OUCH.  Do you need to needle the toe to get any blood / fluid out?  Hope for fast recovery. Even before I read it, I though to myself "oh no, she wear's five fingers". ope you can get the toe in the shoe, or maybe sacrifice an older shoe and cut out the top of the big toe.

XT - Between DW and I, we have 1 prescription, which is my synthroid.  I have patients my age that bring in a large sheet of paper with all of their medications. When they get older, they also use the back of the page. 

QOTD:  I gave up fast food in 1999. Haven't been to a Burger King or McD's since then. Missed it at first, but now never think of going.  I do have to take in caffeine throughout the day to help with my Hashimoto's disease. I have to do this since I don't take the dose of medications that I need because if I did, I feel terrible when I run and my heart rate spikes.  So I'm under medicated which works with running but I get tired so I add caffeine.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jonferg67

Endless trails

Still struggling with sleep issues, time to pull out the big guns I think. I couldn't

sleep any longer this morning but couldn't drag myself out to run either. Leaving

work early so I'll do a hike with the dog.

Sorry about the toe, moonlight. Those things are so small but so damn important

for our sport.

QOTD: At the risk of being ostracized, I stopped eating meat in 2009. Not due

to any health issue at the time but (here it comes) mostly due to the overwhelming

evidence that we don't need it and it causes problems to our health. Ok, let

me have it folks! I guess the proof is the pudding as at 49 I'm not on any meds,

have low cholesterol, low bmi, low bp, etc. However, mental health is a whole

other issue.

Daydreamer1

Have some appointments and other things to take care of then I'm planning on going up on the mountain for about 10 miles if I have the time.

QOTD:  About 20 years ago my cholesterol was 285 . I was overweight and not very active. On top of that it runs in my family. Followed a low fat, low meat , low egg diet only to watch it increase even more.  I went on a Statin for it and took it intermittently through the years. Found out through trial and error that the best thing to do is to eat healthy fats including meat and eggs. Actually went off the Statin about a year or more ago because it was causing me some problems and studies show that they really don't prevent the number of events that the pharmaceutical companies claim they do.  Now I just try to eat clean. By that I mean very little junk food and store bought baked goods.

Also eat my bowel of mini wheats almost every morning. Doing that regularly keeps me regular . If I don't do that the plumbing isn't happy.

LB2

Also eat my bowel of mini wheats almost every morning. Doing that regularly keeps me regular . If I don't do that the plumbing isn't happy.

Considering you eat a "bowel" of mini wheats, I would assume it keeps you quite regular. Hahaha

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ha ha  nice catch LB!

Considering you eat a "bowel" of mini wheats, I would assume it keeps you quite regular. Hahaha

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I saw that too! I see what you did there DD.  Nice.  

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I am playing hooky today...housework and wash the jeep.... maybe take the roof off.  The old man is coming home with the new (to us) trailer today.  Will run 6 ish around noon.

Qotd:  15 years ago the doctor wanted to put the old man on pills so instead he started eating better.  So I did too because I had to prepare it.  I wanted to eat lighter for years for asthetic reasons .  We only eat fish and chicken; I was going to give up chicken this year but have failed so far; not for health but for the animals.

Moonlight....bummer about the toe!?!  Can't believe you still run in those toe shoes  can't imagion not having cushion under my feet.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

very nice 5 miles yesterday, mid 50's with just a hint of a breeze

going to try and get 7-ish in this evening, looks like upper 50's for a high (which is exactly where we should be for normal highs)

qotd: my diet is pretty normal, plenty of fruit and veggies, but also plenty of meats, cheese, etc. I don't eat much ch for sweets, nor crappy snacks. Not unusual for a couple evening IPA's though 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √