Trailer Trash

Wacky Wednesday (Read 16 times)

LB2

No run today. I watched "The Hangover II" during my normal running time. I somehow missed it in the past. It was pretty funny.

QOTD: February mileage?

180.6. It was right on schedule with a taper at the end.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Heading out soon to walk Jack...I'll wear running clothes in case he wants to trot....I have a gut ache so if I don't feel better I won't after our slog. 

qotd: 102

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Yesterday ended up just a yoga day. It was just one of those days. I'm off today and errands have been in order so far, but it's getting really nice out so I'll get in about 4 later.

qotd: 97. yep, couldn't even get out for 3 last night. 

NorthernHarrier

Got home last night after driving thru from Fredericksburg Va. Had planned to overnight along the way but the incoming snowstorm of today kinda forced my hand. No fun towing a camper while dring on icy/snowy roads.  Had a few days in Virginia so got in a few nice trail runs including another run in the Shenendoah-Little Devil stairs with an addt'l loop on the AT. The info said 12.4 but both of my gizmos said 10.5. Pretty nice as are just about every trail I've run in there.

No run today as I'm beat and it's snowing pretty hard right now. Just unpack, maybe do some weights and row. There may yet be a nap too.

Runtrail--Saw you're going to Tucson. One of my sisters lives there and while it's been awhile since I've been out I do have a couple trails to suggest. Try running the loop at Sabino canyon for starters and then maybe Bridle Wreath falls. There are of course many others. My sister lives right up against the eastern Saguaro Nat'l park-it was a monument last time I was there but all kinds of options.

QOTD--not sure, I'm thinking about 135-140.

It's been an eventful morning, and it's only 10:30 here.

1st - There was a hard freeze overnight and boy, it looked like it had snowed again.  As it was, there were more dodgy spots on my run this morning than there were Tuesday with the snow.

2nd - The plan for the day was 6-8 miles (I did 8) with 3 x 3 min fast/2 min EZ.  The intervals went surprisingly well, and I only had to slow down and dance around a couple of slippery spots.  However, when I stopped to use my inhaler, I paused my watch and forgot to turn it back on for about a mile. Grrrrr!

3rd - About 1.5 miles from home, I needed to use the bathroom.  It wasn't too bad - at first.  But it suddenly got a lot worse when I was about a mile from home with nowhere to hide.  That last mile was torture.  Run, stop, clench the butt cheeks, walk, jog, run, stop, clench.  TMI - I didn't quite make it home.  It wasn't bad, but still . . . I made a beeline for the bathroom as I stormed through the front door.  The Hub: "Did you have an accident?" Me: "Why, yes I did!" The Hub: face scrinched up "Take a shower!" 

4th - Got to work and our block had no power.  The stoplights were working, but the buildings - nada.  We sat around for almost 2 hrs waiting for the power to come back on, then waiting for the internet to come back on, which then allows our network to work.

I'd like the start the day over with a hot cup of tea, in my PJ's, with a good book, and in a warm house.  sigh . . .

QOTD: 99.6 miles.  If I'd only known how close I was to 100 . . .

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

runtraildc

This area was on my short list. Good to hear this recommended. We're staying a couple of nights on this side of town (DS is considering U of A).  So much in this area, including Saguaro East and West. If we don't see enough, we'll be back in Dec (or more depending if DS ends up staying in AZ) so lots to explore and additional trips in the pipeline.

Runtrail--Saw you're going to Tucson. One of my sisters lives there and while it's been awhile since I've been out I do have a couple trails to suggest. Try running the loop at Sabino canyon for starters and then maybe Bridle Wreath falls. There are of course many others. My sister lives right up against the eastern Saguaro Nat'l park-it was a monument last time I was there but all kinds of options.

QOTD--not sure, I'm thinking about 135-140.

fatozzing-- I hope the day improves. That is a very rough morning. And work should let you all go home. At that point, productivity is not going to happen

dhuffman63

Trails

LeslieI had one of those accidents yesterday and don't even have the excuse of being out running.  HOWEVER I'm finding that dialysis has a few surprises.  The solution I use is made of 2.5% dextrose in a water base and it's 2 liter per fill.  Not being a large person when I get done filling I have what the call "dwell" for an hour and a half....I feel 9 months pregnant and it can cause so loose bowels.  Enough said.

Otherwise it makes me feel better, definitely hungry which was a problem before.

LeslieI had one of those accidents yesterday and don't even have the excuse of being out running.  HOWEVER I'm finding that dialysis has a few surprises.  The solution I use is made of 2.5% dextrose in a water base and it's 2 liter per fill.  Not being a large person when I get done filling I have what the call "dwell" for an hour and a half....I feel 9 months pregnant and it can cause so loose bowels.  Enough said.

Otherwise it makes me feel better, definitely hungry which was a problem before.

That sucks!  I'm glad it makes you hungry, though.

This wasn't my first rodeo with a predawn issue on the road.  A number of years ago, the situation was a LOT worse.  It was before I had a cell phone and I was 3 miles from home . . . that took some figuring. 

Brisk (as in cold) lunchtime walk with a former co-worker.  Geez oh pete, the wind was cold! My friend is short - barely 5 ft - so even though she's getting a good workout, at 5'8" I'm pretty much sauntering.  Doesn't allow for much heat generation.

Then, a couple of blocks from work, a guy almost hit me as I was walking in the crosswalk - literally about a foot between us.  He was looking at his phone. 

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sandy-2

I took a SRD today, I guess you could say I'm tapering for this weekend. By the way NH, I was able to change the dates for our campsite w/o any problems.  I checked back a few hours later and the nights I freed up were all gobbled up.

I took the day to pack all the stuff we need for the hike, just have to load the car tomorrow and then we're off.  I'm picking up my DD after work and then we'll drive half way there and spend the night a little west of San Antonio.

Dang fatozzig; be careful out here, both bathroom- and car-wise.

dhuff: hope all is well, sounds like you're still getting used to it. I have a old work-friend who is also going to start that up in a month or so.

qotd: 190 miles.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Supposed to be a 4 mile recovery run, but it was rather quick for that.

qotd:  162.7 miles despite taking off 3 days

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Fatozzig, sounds like an eventful start to the month.  

Intervals yesterday, easy run after work today.

QOTD: 204

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LanceReinger

Edit: Posted here by mistake.