Trailer Trash

12th Tuesdaily (Read 18 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Running 12 today on the trails with my old marathon partner. He's too fast for me now, so hopefully the trails will slow him down.

QOTD:  Pass

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

No run today. Have no motivation right now, sort of a case of the grey doldrums and whonky knee. Was planning to hit the gym last night but work call dragged on for several hours so didn't even do that. So gym stuff today I promise.

QOTD: Since you mentioned marathons, when was your last marathon, road and/or trail? You can make it a half if you wish.

For me, I've done distances longer than the marathon more recently, but I think my last marathons were Stumpy's fatass marathon in Middle Run/White Clay Creek (just under 5 hours) back in Sept 2015. I think that race is defunct now, but I have several "rocks" from the creek as door stops. They were finisher awards. Last road marathon was back in 2010, Tulsa Route 66 marathon, that spent very little time on route 66. It was horribly humid and windy and I shuffled in around 3:29 for a fairly pedestrian time for me in those days.

Sandy - congrats on your hundred this past weekend. Great time!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  I got a whole lot of nothing going on.

QOTD:  My last marathon?  Hmmmm, ummmm, must have been 2011?  Moose Mountain Trail Marathon up in Northern Minnesota.  Well, that's depressing.

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Ran 5+ this morning.  It was cold but beautiful out.  It's gonna get colder though as the winds come in tonight.  Tomorrow am will be interesting.

AT (& others) - The Montour registration is open but doesn't seem to be filling quickly at all.  I imagine it will sell out but the change in time of year may be throwing some people off.  I have not registered but likely will.

QOTD: What's a marathon? My last was in 2009 - the North Central Trail marathon in Maryland.  Last HM - 2010 - Harrisburg HM.  It's been all trail and ultra races since.  And I blame all of you!!!!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

My really busy day at work turned into a relaxed night so I get what I consider a full day off today since I got plenty of sleep .   Now I have a forester stopping by this afternoon to give me some advice on my little plot of woodland.  Might end up cutting out the mature timber and then do some dedicated replanting and thinning of the junk.  Depends somewhat on his recommendation.

After he is gone I'll hit the road for 5-6 miles. Really going to push for the 6 miles. Gotta get back on track with the longer distances now that I'm signed up for the 24 hour in about 151 days.

QOTD: Never for a road marathon and have no desire to do one although DS could talk me into one with him.

When I look back I guess I've only ever done one true marathon. That was the Dam Full, another race that has bit the dust (the 1/2 version survives). It was a really nice, technical but fast course. That was September 20th 2015.

Even though there were other races like Call of the Wilds, Boulder Beast and the Mega that kind of called themselves marathons I don't count them because they were often at least a mile longer then a marathon. At the same time I don't personally count those races as a ultra either.

I may have done 5-6 half marathons that were actually very close to that distance.

Daydreamer1

AT (& others) - The Montour registration is open but doesn't seem to be filling quickly at all.  I imagine it will sell out but the change in time of year may be throwing some people off.  I have not registered but likely will.

I'm not sure that it will sell out. I think that while the 24 hour always did sell out the reason they got so many runners overall was due to the 12 and 6 hour times.  I may be wrong and some people that would have done the 12 hour may sign up for the 24 and just do reduced miles. The Friday night start may be a deterrent as well, as some people may have to take off work to get there.

I see there are some people from Gettysburg signed up as well to provide me with competition . But I'm not concerned. I'm already talking with the one volunteer that lives in my house about making them sooooo comfortable at the aid station that they spend most of their time there .

GC100k

Didn't quite get out the door to run this morning. I hope to sneak out of the office early afternoon for a run.

QOTD: My last two races were the Harrisburg Marathon (road) Fall 2015 and the Ironmasters 50k (trail) Spring 2017.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I'm not sure that it will sell out. I think that while the 24 hour always did sell out the reason they got so many runners overall was due to the 12 and 6 hour times.  I may be wrong and some people that would have done the 12 hour may sign up for the 24 and just do reduced miles. The Friday night start may be a deterrent as well, as some people may have to take off work to get there.

I see there are some people from Gettysburg signed up as well to provide me with competition . But I'm not concerned. I'm already talking with the one volunteer that lives in my house about making them sooooo comfortable at the aid station that they spend most of their time there .

They let anyone in these races don't they???

Now I am feeling the pressure to sign up.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 14 miles on the trails with an AT section (from Big Flat) and some nice side trails. Light snow and cool temperatures. Was a nice run and a bit faster than I've been running lately (which I need).

Yes, DW and I are signed up for Montour. She won. I wanted to do the 48hr version at 3 Days at the Fair, but she reminded me how much I hate running on asphalt and cinder, so a trail 24 it is.  I would assume many people will sign up with no intention of running the whole 24 hrs (unlike us) similar to what Labor Pains has with their 12 hour.

QOTD:  Last official marathon was NYC in 2004.  I was in great shape (and had a preferred starting coral assignment) but with the throngs of people ran my slowest marathon (first 3 miles took 33 minutes, argh) and was so upset at the crowds that I was done running marathons. I've run 2 Fat Ass trail marathons since and several 26 mile training runs.  I don't miss them at all.  Much prefer the people at trail races and ultras.

AT-runner

Tim

They let anyone in these races don't they???

Now I am feeling the pressure to sign up.

Yes, I told the RD you were my personal Psychologist, and that Craig was my Ambulance driver. That got me in. Plus paying the $95 entry helped.

runtraildc

A little over 3 miles this morning during swim practice with a friend and her lab. I got to the pool before she did, and I was hoping they would skip practice so I could skip running. Damn it, she showed up and the lab was ecstatic to run. Felt crappy, and so did last night's jaunt on the treadmill. I'm feeling really tight all over in the legs and hip flexors. Oh, I guess I've been skipping any stretching or yoga... I never seem to learn.

qotd: Never run a marathon, so let's go with a half. That was in September locally-- the Parks Half, which runs down thru one of our larger parks along a paved trail. It's a lot of little rolling hills. We had perfect weather this year, but it can be hot and humid.

Sandy-2

Rest/recovery today.  Feel 100% better than yesterday. ITBs are almost back to normal. Of course if I even thought about running a few steps the whole prognosis would change.

Jamie, I'm crazy busy at work today (and yesterday), but I'm working on the RR... 

qotd: Houston marathon Jan 2017 I think it was a personal worst because I had done a 100 a few months beforehand.  I doing Houston again next month, maybe I can get a new personal worst (it'll be my 13th Houston).

tbd.

XtremeTaper

Mandy - Hi! Moose Mountain.. is that the tag along race at Superior? I remember my last good stretch there was trying to hold off the marathoners as long as I could since I had an hour lead (and 70+ miles on them).

Mr Jamie - You are a young stud.. you should train and run a fast marathon for us someday.

GC100K - hey, I ran Iron Masters 50k this year too. Maybe I saw you out there. Finished in 7:10 something.

DD - Trail marathons for the most part seem like ultras to me, at least in terms of time and fueling.

AT - I did NYCM in 2005. Funny, for big city marathons it was my shortest chip differential. I had a preferred corral that year, could see the Kenyans head at the start and was across the line in 10 seconds or so. I am glad I ran it once, but it definitely was a once and done thing. While it was crowded, I had more issues with heat that day (low 70's and sun).

RunTrail - I'm sure the lab appreciated the jaunt. That's how I look at my running these days. More for the Lady then me.

Sandy - Lucky 13 next month at Houston. No PW for you!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy - Hi! Moose Mountain.. is that the tag along race at Superior? I remember my last good stretch there was trying to hold off the marathoners as long as I could since I had an hour lead (and 70+ miles on them).

Indeed, that's the one.  I remember passing a 100 miler and asking him if he needed anything.  His reply: "New feet."

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

plan is 3-4 trail miles with Tiny E after work

qotd: have never run the marathon distance- road or trail, shorter and longer, but never 26.2. I’m pretty confident in saying I won’t ever run a road marathon

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √