Trailer Trash

Mini Monday (Read 30 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I just signed up for this... http://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=32923 which is 12/13/15.  Of course right after I signed up my girlfriend said she was going to sign up for this http://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=31604 which is same place but 12/27/15.  I am, seeing if Ultra will switch me but I doubt it.  Maybe you would like to do whichever one I end up in with me?

Maybe a NFEC challenge in December but the 50-miler seems out of reach now ....

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I told my husband I was done with it and he said no your not you like it and it's your thing.  I would do it if I could.  Not use to such encouragement I quickly signed up! 

Sue - Thought you said you were done with distance stuff and now I see you signed up for a 50k  And women always wonder why men can't figure out what's on their minds.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Between work, kids, and other stuff, I've been MIA for a few days, but lurking.

7 miles today, it was warm and sunny, very nice. Wonderful sunset on the way home, with magenta, then orange sky.

Our adopted stray cat's "cousin" (maybe a brother, but we don't really know) was run over by a car yesterday, in broad daylight. The cat had lived in the woods behind our house, and visited or backyard regularly. I found the cat dead on the road. Very sad, it was such a nice cat. 

Queen: Funny with the signup confusion. Sound both like nice races.

QOTD: I don't know for sure, probably around 140.

Run for fun.

NHLA

Northern harrier  GPS will not work here. Once you get behind a mt. no signal. I have one gps that will quess where you are and correct when it picks up signal but you can't track miles.

Some places the sun only shines for an hour a day. Satelite radio will not work either in many places.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I just signed up for this... http://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=32923 which is 12/13/15.  Of course right after I signed up my girlfriend said she was going to sign up for this http://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=31604 which is same place but 12/27/15.  I am, seeing if Ultra will switch me but I doubt it.  Maybe you would like to do whichever one I end up in with me?

My experience with ultrasignup is that it merely processes the registrations. If you need something changed or corrected, you need to contact the RD of the race who will then make any corrections with ultrasignup. Unless both races have the same RD, I expect you won't be able to make the change.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

SRD. The recovery is going well.  I had a forced taper before the run since my left calf and right lower back were tweaking, but funny thing is during the 100k neither of them bothered me at all.  As my Ultra friends say...   "if something is bothering you, double your mileage".  However with all the up/down during the run my right hip was really hurting.  I may do a few miles tomorrow.

qotd: 168.  I'm planning to do very easy runs for a while, nothing too long.  That and sit back and watch how the Jamie vs. QoN battle for Trailer Trash bragging rights turns out.

tbd.

LB2

LB2:  So this house put up a fake turkey in the yard.  At first I thought it was to keep out the wild turkeys because they have a lot in their area.  Today there was that fake turkey surrounded by at least 15 live ones.  So is this turkey thing to attract or detract turkeys from coming in their yard.  Also I heard turkeys eat up to 200 ticks a day.  Any truth to that?  If so Northern my want to get some for us property.

I don't know why they put that up in their yard, but decoys will most certainly attract other turkeys.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

You're doing the 10k ...right? please say right!!! 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

WCrunner:  They did back the race out for me and I was able to register for the other race.  I was surprised myself..unsure if they did it because I messaged them within a couple of hours...

My experience with ultrasignup is that it merely processes the registrations. If you need something changed or corrected, you need to contact the RD of the race who will then make any corrections with ultrasignup. Unless both races have the same RD, I expect you won't be able to make the change.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

course not...who pays for a 10K

You're doing the 10k ...right? please say right!!!