Trailer Trash

Terrible Tuesdailies (Read 24 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm sick, we just got 6 inches of snow/sleet last night, and I'm at work.  (Hence the dailies title.)

Today is supposed to be a run day, but I think it'll turn into an unscheduled rest day instead.  Blah.

QOTD: If you could do anything for New Year's Eve , what would you do?  Go to bed early?  Party with Obama?  With Aaron Rodgers? Be with friends/family who are far away?  (We can cover actual plans tomorrow or something...)

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yet.  Half day of work for the next three days after a nice long weekend.  Then a nice long weekend coming up.  Maybe a run later.

Mandy - sick and at work? that is terrible.

QOTD:   Ummm...I dunno.  I think I would just like to be somewhere in the world (other than home) relaxing, no kids.   So maybe a nice tropical vacation.  That sounds good at the moment.

Have a great day!                                                      

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I  ran this morning on my new trail I am going to call Christmas trail...it was chilly willy this am..about 30..WTH this is Cali!

QOTD:  Surfing in Hawaii with lot's of friends and family around and booze, and my dogs, and yummy sea food...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

6 miles in slushy snow on the roads. Almost felt like I was running in blow sand.

QOTD: I'm dreaming of warm sandy beaches drinking something with a small little umbrella stickin out the top.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

had a wonderful run last night, fresh falling snow- no tracks except mine and a few mule deer feeding in the dark. Silent and peaceful. I had to adjust my headlamp brightness down due to the falling snow- like running brights on the highway. Going to take today off, still hacking up crap, but definitely on the uptick.

qotd: I'd join you guys on a tropical getaway 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I  ran this morning on my new trail I am going to call Christmas trail...it was chilly willy this am..about 30..WTH this is Cali!

QOTD:  Surfing in Hawaii with lot's of friends and family around and booze, and my dogs, and yummy sea food...

How much did you run?? Inquiring minds want to know.  

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Sitting at work on my regular day off doing interviews.  I thought this was only supposed to be a few hours instead it's all day long. Was planning on doing 7-8 miles now it may be the bike trainer.

QOTD:  Probably go to bed. Either that or a midnight run.

Not much of a partier.

moonlightrunner

Greetings! I managed to get up and run at 0300 this morning in the freshly fallen rainy snow. Footing was terrible and it activated the use of muscles I haven't needed for a while. Only 4 miles...but it felt longer. It was fun, though. Loved it.

Qotd: I'll go with a run fromvthe old year into the new...someplace mountainous and beautiful....preferably with minimal snow. I'm kind of a whimp, I guess.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My watch died so I need to rerun it.... Tomorrow is going to be hard to get a run in as we are going to SF to visit niece and SIL...then there's Thursday and....all this pressure will be over.  I'll post my runs Thursday. 

How much did you run?? Inquiring minds want to know.  

Queen of Nothing

Sue

How can yo call yourself a wimp when you got up at 3 am to run in snow!!!!   but it does sound lovely.  Did you go back to bed when you got home?

Greetings! I managed to get up and run at 0300 this morning in the freshly fallen rainy snow. Footing was terrible and it activated the use of muscles I haven't needed for a while. Only 4 miles...but it felt longer. It was fun, though. Loved it.

Qotd: I'll go with a run fromvthe old year into the new...someplace mountainous and beautiful....preferably with minimal snow. I'm kind of a whimp, I guess.

AT-runner

Tim

Just got back from clearing out DD#2's apartment from college at WVU. What a pain in the ass. Drove down in rain and back with the trailer all loaded and strong winds. A real whit knuckle ride for sure. No run yet, but will get out on the road soon, or might wait for DW to get back from work and run with her.

Moon - glad to hear from you, and agree, no wimp runs at 3 am in the snow.

We haven't heard from some people in a while. Did I miss and injuries? Hope everyone is health and happy (and running).

QOTD:  I never turn down a beach trip. A "Trailer Trash New Years Beach Party" sounds like a good idea.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

It's 4 pm and I'm still trying to figure out my run today.  We got about 8" of the fine, dry stuff and it's messy out there.  Every time it stops and they start clearing, the snow starts up again.   I'm leaning towards the trail at the end of the road, but sans springer.    I think the snow will pack in his feet in the first half mile.  What do you dog runners usually do?  booties?  Or is this only a problem for this pup?

It'll be a couple of miles breaking trail, then I'll get to loop again.

And count me in.

QOTD:  I never turn down a beach trip. A "Trailer Trash New Years Beach Party" sounds like a good idea.

moonlightrunner

How can yo call yourself a wimp when you got up at 3 am to run in snow!!!!   but it does sound lovely.  Did you go back to bed when you got home?

No...I had to do laundry, dishes and go to work. I'm usually awake by 3am anyway....motivating out the door is the hard part.

hectortrojan

I did a little over an hour today.

Its impressive that you got and ran at 3 am!

moonlightrunner

It's 4 pm and I'm still trying to figure out my run today.  We got about 8" of the fine, dry stuff and it's messy out there.  Every time it stops and they start clearing, the snow starts up again.   I'm leaning towards the trail at the end of the road, but sans springer.    I think the snow will pack in his feet in the first half mile.  What do you dog runners usually do?  booties?  Or is this only a problem for this pup?

It'll be a couple of miles breaking trail, then I'll get to loop again.

And count me in.

I once tried booties for my one of my pointers. It seemed like her feet would bleed when we ran in snow. Lost two the first time out and gave up after that. I've heard of people shaving the hair on the feet of dogs with longer hair like a springer to prevent ice balls. I wonder...if you sprayed them with an oil if it would prevent the problem?