Trailer Trash

Pancake Friday (Read 22 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Still working but we did list the house with a realtor yesterday.   guess we are doing this.  I will miss this area and the friends I have made here.

You still planning on moving back to Michigan, Sue?

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yes if my marriage fails... no if we stay together.     

You still planning on moving back to Michigan, Sue?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

AT - Oh my, that looks good. Let me get this straight... you are stopping in a place called Hillsville VA and are going to run a flat river rail trail? That seems wrong! I drive through there often and have often wanted to stop to look for some trails in the mountains. There's got to be some.

Yes, my wife likes most all of my cooking... except salmon.

Yep, plenty of hills.  We've been on the AT section that runs in mountains above there (West of Rt 81) and also trails in the hills above Claytor Lake. Never did the New River Trail, so adding that to our journeys.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

No running, maybe some lifting tonight.

AT - I watched the video and my blood sugar shot up to 376 just watching it .  If I watch it again I'll be in DKA .  Thanks buddy .  Just kidding.  Looks like some serious carbs there.

Moon - If you feel that way about your job It's highly likely that most of your co-workers feel that way too.  It's a shame that the company can't do something to make it more engaging for the employees.

QOTD: Yesterday I walked into work and told my partner for the day that she was the luckiest woman in the world , because she was working with me on the first shift of a marathon of shifts.  I also asked her to put the man who will be working with me Monday night on her prayer list.  Over this time frame I'll be working at least 72 or 117 hours . The only thing that will keep me going if it gets busy is thinking about the number on the pay stub next pay period.  This will most likely be the last marathon of shifts I'll work like this, this year.  I like to pick up a lot of extra time in the winter then work my regular shifts thru the summer and fall.

QOTD: I do very well without supervision. Just give me a basic idea of what you want done and I'll develop a plan and implement it. Too often though, on the managerial side of things we are somewhat micromanaged.  Not so much with my time in the field. There I can do what I want to and need to within reason.

moonlightrunner

DD: someone has to deal with what seems like pointless paperwork...and I'm it. What I do brings in money and satisfies government regulations...which also brings in money. But it is all paperwork that feels meaningless in an 8 hour day. I stay...because I need money, hate change. If I were not counting the minutes to retirement (I'm 61...4 more years) I would look for something meaningful. I don't think anyone here actually likes what they do. I think I need to restart my prosaic.

You on the other hand...do you work so much because you love to? Isn't it hard to have a family life? That is a lot of hours!

No running, maybe some lifting tonight.

AT - I watched the video and my blood sugar shot up to 376 just watching it .  If I watch it again I'll be in DKA .  Thanks buddy .  Just kidding.  Looks like some serious carbs there.

Moon - If you feel that way about your job It's highly likely that most of your co-workers feel that way too.  It's a shame that the company can't do something to make it more engaging for the employees.

QOTD: Yesterday I walked into work and told my partner for the day that she was the luckiest woman in the world , because she was working with me on the first shift of a marathon of shifts.  I also asked her to put the man who will be working with me Monday night on her prayer list.  Over this time frame I'll be working at least 72 or 117 hours . The only thing that will keep me going if it gets busy is thinking about the number on the pay stub next pay period.  This will most likely be the last marathon of shifts I'll work like this, this year.  I like to pick up a lot of extra time in the winter then work my regular shifts thru the summer and fall.

QOTD: I do very well without supervision. Just give me a basic idea of what you want done and I'll develop a plan and implement it. Too often though, on the managerial side of things we are somewhat micromanaged.  Not so much with my time in the field. There I can do what I want to and need to within reason.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Daydreamer1

You on the other hand...do you work so much because you love to? Isn't it hard to have a family life? That is a lot of hours!

Why do I work so much sometimes?????????????  Workaholic  and the money . Certainly not because I like it that much.  Part of the reason I do these marathons of shifts is because that means a lot of overtime.  The first week of my two week pay period is 48 hours with the second being 36 hours. So any time picked up in the 48 hour week is all OT.  I also get trapped into having to work more then I want since I have two part time jobs. The one place I've been at for 21+ years, so I hate to leave. The other place loves me too much to fire me when I don't pick up enough time , but I still try to meet their minimum requirements.  Quite frankly I should quit at least one of those jobs but I like to keep up the long time relationships as you never know what you might need in the future.

It's not really that hard on family life as I try to pick up extra when DW is already working.  And speaking of DW, she's part of the reason I work so much. Need to pay for the Bimmer and give her time with the boyfriend  .  Actually it has to do with her being 8 years 11 months and 10 days older then me. She will retire at her full retirement age of 66 years 4 months in three years and six months, and I'd like to have all debt paid off and have saved enough that I can then cut way back on my time by the time I reach 60 years old.

But as I alluded to in my original comments I've found that if I work a horrible amount of hours over the winter then I can have a lot of free time in the summer.  I'm hoping that there will be a lot of times this summer where I'll have off 4 days in a row through the week.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

hit the trails a little earlier today and they were much better- didn't have much of a chance to thaw- 5 miles with Tiny Elvis

qotd 1:  game wardens are the ultimate unsupervised lot- no boss around, you decide where, when and how long you're going to work- what days you're taking off etc.  of course wouldn't you know it, later in my career I had to supervise these highly independent guys 

qotd2: DW says we're cleaning house tomorrow   is there anything worse?  I'll get some miles in as well.  Starting to get stuff together/organized for my Joshua Tree trip next Wednesday as well.

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √