Trailer Trash

three dog night Tuesdaily (Read 21 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

at least three dogs!- currently -11, high of -4 today, low of -19 

going to be a treadmill week for me, going to try and get 5-ish after work

qotd: do you belong to a gym?  I'm not much of a gym goer, but I try and strength train twice a week and with shitty weather use their treadmills

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Been MIA for a bit.  The last couple weeks have been a blur.  But I am here, some running not a lot.  No trail lately and I am dying to get back out there.

Warden - dang it's been cold there. Sorry to hear that.

QOTD: Yes.  Been going a little lately.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Back home after the holidays.  After ending the year strong, took a couple days off running but will run later today. Got in some short icy and cold runs in last week, as well as some longer ones, many with these companions. The springer is 13 and deaf, but he caught sight of me one day and knew what I was up to.  See, no tail. He is officially retired, but we got in a mile. To his credit, it was over very icy and rough trails and I was tired.

And the GSP. It was hard to get pics in action and when I stop and call his name, he's trained to come and stand close. The white fluffy thing is not a runner.

qotd: Yes- for a number of years.  It's less than a 10 min walk from our house (important for me).  I use it primarily for the Thursday yoga class and the treadmill when the weather is unfavorable. And strength training, when I get ambitious.  It's also been very handy when I've been injured and can't run, but can do things like the elliptical or rower.

LB2

I ran 2 miles this morning in the fog. We had a horrible weather system come through yesterday afternoon, high winds, a couple of tornadoes, and some pretty good rain. We lost power around 1:30; got power back around 6PM only to find that we had no water. I figure the pump station had to build pressure back up. We are on the rural water system, but we are quite a ways out. Anyway, it was a late night, but I wasn't going to be stopped.

QOTD: No. But I was thinking about that yesterday. I may join one in May or June to push hard with some good vertical training on the TM during the summer and early fall as my main race approaches in November. I did that last time I ran that race, and it worked very well. I also did some work to strengthen my hips, back, shoulders, etc.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Have to help DS get his car to the body shop, run a few errands then I hope to have time to get to the gym.  I was going to go there yesterday but that never happened for a number of reasons. The emphasis will be on lifting with some rowing for the cardio.

MT - Three dog night????  I assume you mean that it's so cold you have to snuggle with three dogs to stay warm .  You can keep that weather out there.

Jamie - I saw that you were MIA for a while or posting very little.  Glad to hear it was just being busy.

Runtrail -  Wow that tail is moving on that Springer.

LB2 - How difficult is it to have your own well down there? Do wells have problems with water quality..  I think my aunt and uncle have a well and they are a little south of you.

QOTD: Not really a member. I have been in the past but right now I'm just buying a punch card. $49.00 gets you 15 visits.  If I only get there 2.5 times a week on average it's slightly cheaper to buy the punch card. In the winter I would go enough that a membership would be cheaper but for about 8 months out of the year it's cheaper to just stay with the punch card.   I had rarely been going but this year I want to get there at least once a week even during the summer.

AT-runner

Tim

Treadmill Tuesday for me. Pouring down rain and no end in the forecast so streamed an episode of Westworld while on the mill.

dc - nice job getting the old dog out there.

QOTD:  My business property has two building; my office and one that I rent to a gym.  I never go there because if I do I usually end up playing landlord.  As in "since you're here can you take a look at the furnace, etc."   I used to lift at home, but bad shoulder has stopped even that. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

7 miles on Echo Mt. 60 degrees and sunshine!!! Cold front tom.

qotd  I dropped my CC membership in 2009. No treadmill since then. We usually have 2-3 ok days here even in the winter

LB2

LB2 - How difficult is it to have your own well down there? Do wells have problems with water quality..  I think my aunt and uncle have a well and they are a little south of you.

It is not a big deal to get a well. It is pretty unusual to lose water on the rural water system. But when the lights go out, the well is down because of the pump unless you hook it to a generator. No issues on water quality that I am aware of. My father and mother in law live about a 1/2 mile down the gravel road from me and have a well. Also, my parents have a well.

LB2

Sandy-2

Weather has been crazy, we had really bad lightening yesterday morning. Again I guess that is what LB2 had to contend with later. At least is isn't freezing cold though.

i plan to run after work today.

qotd:  currently no, but if I do have a 'hilly' run coming up we change DW's membership to include me.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

This morning was a mix or rain and snow so no I did not run.  Maybe a run later.  My work is higher up and we are getting snow.  If we get enough sometime work let's us leave early so we are not part of the mess at 5 pm.  Leaving in a place that only occasionally gets snow people do not know how to drive and our county isn't too prepare to have all the roads cleared or dirted. (is that a word? ).  So maybe I can run later or do a mini 3 on the road.

QOTD:  Yes I belong to a gym.  It just opened 11/21 and I have yet to go but do have my stuff to go today.  So I will be one of those New Year folks showing up.  I belong to a gym that had classes only until last August but wanted to join a new gym to work out on weights without the classes.  I was getting a bit bored and hated some of the exercise we did; like jog up and down the parking lot.

Jamie:  I see you upped your goal this year.  Impressive!   I myself went down since I didn't reach it last year.  What a loser; I should have left it.  Well I can up it to 1500 in June. 

MTWArden:  Although not as cold as your place I was burritoed this morning by three dogs..ok one was the old man.    It was nice and warm and comforting just could get out.

AT:  I have a perfectly good treadmill but my dogs won't let me use it.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

I see someone is going to Marquette this year. I signed up for the 50k this year with the thought i could up grade to the 100k if'n my stupid foot ever healed.

Did you noticed there is a new ultra this spring in Traverse City. Lighthouse 50/ 100. Thinking thinking thinking come on u stupid foot!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Jamie:  I see you upped your goal this year.  Impressive!   I myself went down since I didn't reach it last year.  What a loser; I should have left it.  Well I can up it to 1500 in June. 

You know it! I had to think bigger than 1500 so I upped it to 1505.  Big goals, big accomplishments!!! 

BTW - are you in the 2017 challenge?

I signed up before our horrific and utterly depressing 2016 finals defeat (by a mere 3 miles).  Now I am somehow the captain of my team for 2017.  

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yes...got in in time.  Scrapster from RW is also doing it.   I looked up the lighthouse one.  "Road" ultra...no thanks.    We use to live in Harbor Springs too so I have driven the TC to Petoskey road many times.  Hopefully your foot heals! but at least we can hook up since you are doing the 50K.

I see someone is going to Marquette this year. I signed up for the 50k this year with the thought i could up grade to the 100k if'n my stupid foot ever healed.

Did you noticed there is a new ultra this spring in Traverse City. Lighthouse 50/ 100. Thinking thinking thinking come on u stupid foot!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I missed that you guys lost!  Wow!!  Yes I am on Team 1...sooon to be called Scrambled Leggs.  Three miles, bummer especially when you guys were in first all year.  Reminds me of a bike race where the almost winner puts his hands up in the air and then loses control of his bike and crashes before the finish.    My goal is 1200 because I thought I would be busy from now until spring working on the house.

You know it! I had to think bigger than 1500 so I upped it to 1505.  Big goals, big accomplishments!!! 

BTW - are you in the 2017 challenge?

I signed up before our horrific and utterly depressing 2016 finals defeat (by a mere 3 miles).  Now I am somehow the captain of my team for 2017.  

LB2

QOTD Update: The last time I ran a 100 miler that I thought needed more vertical gain than I could muster around my local trails without running 200 miles per week I joined a local gym. It is certainly not a powerlifting or bodybuilding gym, but it has treadmills (good ones), weight machines, and dumbbells. I think the dumbbells go up to about 50 pounds. Anyway, my co-workers went over there today to check it out, and they have changed their policy to allow you to pay by the month, no contract. But they don't pro-rate it. If you join today, you pay 30. If you join on the 15th, you pay 30. I don't like the contract thing. But I totally understand the need for them in that business. This gym actually doubles as a PT treatment facility for the local hospital. I think around May when I really start hitting the vertical hard I will join if for 6 months and just pay the 180 up front. Thirty bucks a month is not bad.

LB2