Trailer Trash

Red Hot 55k RR (Read 50 times)

Occasional Runner

I tried REALLY hard to DNF. I honestly did and definitely would have if I could have found a way off the course. Some days are just a total shit show. This was one of them.

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2014/02/www.mykejh.com.html

Thanks for checking it out.

Kelly

AT-runner

Tim

I've had that "prairie dogging" experience but luckily it was a training run and not a race.  Looks like at least you had fun with some friends, and there's a lot to be said for that.  Good luck getting your schedule back to normal.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Birdwell

That sounded like a crappy experience.

I remember having similar thoughts about dropping when I ran that last year (even slower than you this year).

There really is no good way out.

jmctav23

2/3rds training

ouch...sounds like a rough day.  See you next week at Elephant Mt for a less crappy run through the desert.

LB2

It sure is frustrating when you don't have toilet paper. I am glad I read this because I left it off my packing list for this weekend. So, if nothing else, your pain and suffering has helped me remember toilet paper. But like I mentioned to you somewhere else, these are the days that keep us honest with ourselves and make us better. I predict a stellar day at Elephant Mtn.

LB2

XtremeTaper

I have one word for your recent blog..... Assues!!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

One word....

Shart.

tbd.

Yikes, this has happened to me during 2 races. Luckily they weren't too remote so port-a-potties to the rescue! Sorry it wasn't your day....at least you got some great photos out of the deal.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I can't imagine going through that, but you left little to the imagination, so I guess I don't have to. Sure hope this is a one time event and you don't have to face it again.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

What a painful experience! Way to keep going anyway!

Having been in that situation twice in races (HM distance only, fortunately), and countless times on training runs, I can relate, and I know how uncomfortable it is to run with lower GI troubles. I hope this was a one-time event for you and won't haunt you in your future races.

The scenery and the trails must be fascinating, though!

Run for fun.

muppy

I had that happen before, and it's not very pleasant. Way to stick it out and still finish, like you said a bad day on the trail is better than a lot of other things. Hope you get your shit straightened out before next weekends race!

Occasional Runner

Not sure if it's related, but I went to bed at 10 monday night and woke up at 11:30 and puked. I was up all night voiding everything from my body. It felt very much like the stomach flu. I'm feeling better this morning, so we'll see.

Chnaiur

Not sure if it's related, but I went to bed at 10 monday night and woke up at 11:30 and puked. I was up all night voiding everything from my body. It felt very much like the stomach flu. I'm feeling better this morning, so we'll see.

Hope you get better. That stuff passed through here about 18 days ago. I was down 8 lb in the trough.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Occasional Runner

Hope you get better. That stuff passed through here about 18 days ago. I was down 8 lb in the trough.

As of this morning, I was down 8 pounds and haven't eaten anything today except for a few crackers. I'm going to try to have dinner tonight.

LB2

I am down 10 from that crap, but I needed to be down 10. 180.

LB2