Trailer Trash

Éirinn go Brách - Thursdaily (Read 16 times)

AT-runner

Tim

A happy St. Patrick's Day to you, from your long lost leprechaun.

I'm walking and hiking a bit more than after my flare-up 2 months ago.  Tried a few short running sections, but didn't go too well, so looks like I'm a hiker for now.  Hopkins is still using me a a guinea pig.  I had some genetic testing and a muscle biopsy (yes, as painful as it sounds).  Still waiting on results and trying like hell to stay off the steroids.

Gatsby - very jealous of your trip. I haven't been back to Ireland in many years now.  Brother and I are talking about another trip with the wives.

Hope everyone is well.

Tips for St. Patrick's Day:

It Paddy (short for Pádraig, which is Patrick in Gaelic) and not Patty (short for Patricia),

Never order an "Irish Car Bomb" at an Irish owned pub (the owner will hate you),

Half and Half is what you want and use Harp not Bass (us Irish hate the English beers)

Here's some Irish music to get your toes tapping.

The Coors - Toss The Feathers

Dropkick Murphy's -Rose Tattoo

QOTD:  Any spring or summer trips coming up?  We're going to Hilton Head this weekend.  All the kids and their SO's are coming (oldest from Portland is flying in).  Hope to play some golf with DS and the SIL's, walk on the beach and enjoy our time with the family.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Happy St Patrick’s day! And great to hear from you, AT! Hiking’s not so bad 😀.  

no run yesterday so that means I have to run in the rain later today. Serves me right. 

qotd: might head to MN in April, then again in June for a marathon. Then probably again in august to move the kiddo to college. Maine in September will be a welcome change, I guess

Hi, AT!  Good to "see" you!  Very happy to hear you're at least getting to walk and hikemore

I'm feeling extremely unmotivated this week for some reason.  I thought things were making a good turn around - and at least with my hamstring I think they are - but my foot . . . Argh!!!  And it's not the underside of the foot, but around the heel and I just . . . don't . . .  get it.  After all these weeks of PT and MAT exercises, it should be getting better.  

Happy St. Patty's Day ~~

Saint Patrick's Day Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

QOTD: No plans for now, except I will likely go up to Portland after my friend who has the brain tumor passes so I can be with her sister and my best friend, Karen.  Although Karen has indicated she may just go away for a few days to be by herself after Kate passes.  This has obviously been extremely stressful for the whole family, but Karen has taken the brunt of it as she's the one who has had to coordinate all medical appointments, procedures, etc., for the last 12+ months.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

LB2

Three miles this morning, sort of running, sort of hiking, sort of looking around and listening.

QOTD: Alabama next week; Oklahoma the first of May. If I have been fortunate enough to kill a turkey or two before the Oklahoma trip, I plan to do a 10K run along a trail I found on the WMA where we will be camping. I am looking forward to that.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Hey AT! Good to see you again Happy Saint Patrick's Day. Glad to hear you are hiking and golfing. Believe it or not I have heard that Corrs song before or something like it...  I have a few of the early albums.

5 miles last night at the lake with Baker. Pretty crowded out there relatively speaking. My watch must be malfunctioning as it noted that I had finished under 51 minutes for the loop. Perhaps the route shortened itself by a few hundred meters. Anyways, sunny and mild and wonderful spring weather. We will be seeing the blue bells out there soon if these keeps up.

Light rain here today but pleasant enough for a few miles later with Baker at a TTBD.

QOTD. Just recently back from 2 weeks in Florida and no other trips planned at the moment.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Hi Tim, drove through your neck of the woods today on my way to Pistol Ultra 50K on Saturday.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Hi Tim, Happy St. Patty's day <------- just did that to piss you off !!!      Very glad to hear that you are getting out-and-about, certainly hope it continues!!!!

I ended up not running after work yesterday, but I did do 5 mi early this morning. Nice full moon off to the west. Since I skipped yesterday, I'll run tomorrow.

qotd: just the planned TX and CO runs listed below.  After HR (Silverton, CO) in July my DD is doing an adventure race (Leadville, CO) and I'll either be in the AR with her or crewing, the jury is still out on that. Plus I retire June 1st so there may be some random trips here-and-there.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Happy St Patrick's Tim and everyone!

Black and Tans all around   Our celebration is waiting till Saturday, oldest DW and family are coming over form Missoula- picked up the soda bread (with currants!) today, will pick up the corned beef tomorrow.

5 miles today with TE, feels like Spring!

qotd: I've got the Bob Marshall Open at the end of May, but my buddy is calling me tonight about a five day snowshoe trip across the Bob in the next week or so.  We've been talking about for two years now- time to make it happen!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Great to see you AT!  I hope you can swing a trip to the auld sod next year.  Best medicine possible.

Just finished up at work and will be heading down to the local pub soon for St. Paddy's day.  To add to AT's tips: don't call the Irish accent a "brogue," which is a type of shoe over there.  

Did some intervals yesterday, 75 minutes easy running today, and SRD tomorrow.

QOTD: No real travel plans in the near future, but since we just got back from Ireland, that's okay.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Still hiking..3 mikes...still in pain.  

qotd:  Going to head to Cali for a few weeks on the coast.  End of May going to hike Grand Canyon..R2R hotel R2R back.  Just reserved spots to backpack Picture Rocks in August.  Turned down Cancun in November because I had already signed up for a Mt Bihe race in town

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄